myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Southwestern Ontario or Michigan Clubs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AlexandraLH

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:04 am    Post subject: Southwestern Ontario or Michigan Clubs Reply with quote

Hey I am fairly new to the windsurfing community and I am looking for any fleet or group around the southwest Ontario or Michigan area to join. I would like to go out fairly often and travel to different regattas. Any takers?
KBack

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go to windsurfcanada dot com and post there you will definitely find something there... I know there is a group that sails out of Rondeau Provincial Park..

KB
Rondeauboy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As mentioned in the post above, there is a (unorganized) group that sails on Rondeau Bay...inside Rondeau Provincial Park when the wind is from the south through the northwest, and at the the southerly end of the bay in a little village called Shrewsbury when the wind is from the north through to the southeast. Mitchell Bay on Lake St. Clair (about 15 minutes northwest of Chatham) is also a popular spot in any wind from the southwest through to the north (although west is best).

There is a core group of sailors in the Windsor area that sail Lake St. Clair from various spots between the river inlet and Belle River. Many of these folks come to Rondeau too.

There is also a few good spots to sail in Michigan within a short distance of Detroit proper. Check out www.miwindsurfing.com ...a forum community that is quite active.

As well, www.windsurfcanada.com is a great resource with a fairly active forum, although most of the discussion revolves around the Toronto area. This site, though, does detail many sailing spots in Ontario...Rondeau, Shrewsbury included, and I think Belle River too.

Regarding regattas...the Canadian Masters Windsurfing Association (www.windsurf.ca) and Windsurfing Canada / Ontario Sailing (www.windsurfingcanada.com) holds regattas on most weekends through the spring and summer at different locations thoughout Ontario. Rondeau Yacht Club on Rondeau Bay is an annual stop on the regatta circuit at the end of June.

There are also weekly races and a few full-on regattas that take place in Michigan and Ohio each summer. Best to check the www.miwindsurfing.com site or the www.ussailing.org site for more info on the US events.

Good luck....and hope to meet you on the water!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: