myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Collateral Damage on Cape Cod
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 18, 19, 20  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WaterKook

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No.... it gave me new interest in kiting so I went and bought a new kite. Very Happy
Now I just need to hold back from being that asshole who gets it banned.
Could be tough with this summer crowd!!! Wink

outcast

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You only bought the kite because you were bored.....and you know it.
Kiting is what YOU do when you are bored.....i have seen it.....You and the Carpetpisser start running around the beach pumping bladders and pulling strings .....You are a fidgety type....you should have bought a lawnmower and cmona my house

Give Jimmy C your kit....sounds like he wants in again

That should be good for another 5 pages. My apologies to all again for ever having started this thread

inlandsea

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeee haw!!!!!! The wind is building out of the south,

Dropping the boat in and heading out!
danothemano

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:43 am    Post subject: chronic poster Reply with quote

Iceratz wrote:
inlandsea wrote:

90% of this 17 page thread is pissing and garbage

You did not help Phil with all your banter you personally took on with Dano....I count at least 5 pages of that , and then having fumed further comments by others .....while most of us ignored it....

This thread contains many valid suggestions,, arguments, agreements, concerns, historical outcome and congratulations to those whom took a public cited and press released problem and turned it around.

I think it counts for more than 10% IMO.

Yeah, 10% or less...mostly of a warning of how bloody easy it is to LOSE access for others...

My apologies for the flaming and offending any windsurfers or bi-curious windsurfer/kiters...but it REALLY irritated me that the kiters lost access for windsurfing. I obviously don't lurk here much and assumed inlandsemen was just another know-it-all kiter ( a kite shop owner no less) dropping in unwanted on a WS thread...now I see after a week or so that he pretty much lives here and basically uses iwindsurf as a facebook status page. Believe me had I known this I would not have bothered trying to get him to bugger off.

I also sure miss windsurfing...thank god for my Macgregor powersailer or I wouldn't be out on the water at all this year.
inlandsea

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:18 pm    Post subject: Re: chronic poster Reply with quote

danothemano wrote:

My apologies for the flaming and offending any windsurfers or bi-curious windsurfer/kiters...but it REALLY irritated me that the kiters lost access for windsurfing. I obviously don't lurk here much and assumed inlandsemen was just another know-it-all kiter ( a kite shop owner no less) dropping in unwanted on a WS thread...now I see after a week or so that he pretty much lives here and basically uses iwindsurf as a facebook status page. Believe me had I known this I would not have bothered trying to get him to bugger off.

I also sure miss windsurfing...thank god for my Macgregor powersailer or I wouldn't be out on the water at all this year.

Dano,

I think most understand that since the Name of my shop is Inland Sea and my user name for this site is also Inland Sea, They knew it was me.
I guess you need someone to put 2 + 2 together for you.
I am not one to hide my identity......
As for me living here.......I havent posted on this site in years, this was brought to my attention and so i posted. I use Facebook for facebook status. Do a little research before acting like a moron.

I have been selling windsurfing gear for almost 30 Years now and kite gear for 12ish. So I support access for both sports and have done so here for 10 years and in Vermont for all the years I lived there (which was also banned.....by Windsurfers).

Grow up, do some reading before you make an ass of yourself again.

Have a nice Day sailing Joe!

Philip
RickCronk

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

inlandsea wrote:
So I support access for both sports and have done so here for 10 years and in Vermont for all the years I lived there (which was also banned.....by Windsurfers).
Philip

Phil,
Having recently learned that my home state of New York has recently banned kiting at state parks and beaches, I was surprised to read in your post that Vermont has done so as well. Do you mean to say that Vermont has banned windsurfing, or kiting or both? Is this accurate? One might think you wrote that windsurfers banned your living in Vermont Wink Please explain, thanks. RC

inlandsea

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry if that was unclear. As far as I know windsurfing and kiteboarding are allowed in Vermont. What I was referring to was a ban of windsurfing at one the best beaches, where i used to sail. It was also a cross the road from my house. This was long before kiteboarding was on the screen.
People were upset because windsurfers were riding in the swimming area and because the warnings to cease were not heeded, they closed down the spot.
We were able to get access restored at this beach.
Awesome place to sail!
My point being.... This ain't new and because of kiting.

I'm not sure why you would think my living in vermont was banned by windsurfing, but that is not why I moved to the cape.

The decline in windsurfing has not helped my living, but that's why we adapt or go away. Kiting and sup have certainly helped me survive.

All are important to me and I will fight for access for all.

It's my nature.
WaterKook

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's why he is the Mann!!!
Ok I think we just need this to make 20 pages and it is one dead horse!!! Very Happy

RickCronk

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

inlandsea wrote:

I'm not sure why you would think my living in vermont was banned by windsurfing, but that is not why I moved to the cape.

Thanks for your response. I was just playing. A strict read of your post

" ....in Vermont for all the years I lived there (which was also banned.....by Windsurfers).
Philip"

could lead one to believe your living in Vermont was banned by windsurfers.
Laughing
The loss of access is becoming more widespread in many sports. It's been my observation that it is most often the result of ignorance and/or disrespect.

isobars

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blame it all on string theory.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 19 of 20

Jump to: