myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Collateral Damage on Cape Cod
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
inlandsea

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="isobars"

Let's see ... I'm discussing water access directly and calmly. Gobbdogg glances at some of the posts in a 17-page thread and says we're talking only trash. I suggest he read my very relevant and topical post to the contrary. He says my suggestion is strictly about pissing, ego, and condescension. Phil says that's rational, sensible, and valid, and even after an explanation, GD still wants to continue the tussle his shitty attitude started. The problem with that? He's on his own, pushing on a rope.[/quote]

Iso.

1. Not every post is about you
2. 90% of this 17 page thread is pissing and garbage
3. He made good rational points. So I thank him for that.
4. You don't have to argue with everybody about everything. It must be exhausting.
5. We know what we wrote.
6. Let it go.
7. Be well.
gobbdogg

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ditto..
windswell

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:04 am    Post subject: Get involved - Vote locally Reply with quote

Back on page 7, I posted about becoming a member of Westport's beach committe and Town Landing Committee. And now we've had 10 pages here of back and forth complaining and some mention of meeting with town officials. It REALLY doesn't take much time or work to BECOME a TOWN OFFICIAL. You'd be amazed at how few people show up for regular meetings. That means, if you SHOW UP, you have enormous power and influence.

Stop Complaining - Get involved - Vote locally. You might even open up more access.
isobars

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Careful, Windswell ... Inlandsea and GD consider rational ideas to be egotistical, condescending pissing matches. They look like the antagonist here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQ-RsA-6Sts&feature=related

You're right, of course. All I had to do to get appointed by the governor to the Utah State Parks Commission (a three-man advisory board with the governor's ear) was demonstrate some knowledge and energy to the Commission. Independently of that but also due primarily to being present and informed, I was elected without even knowing I had been nominated to CHAIR Utah's state motorcycle racing commission, which directly managed >100 races involving >3,000 racers on state and federal land throughout the state. I personally prevented Utah from voting to end Daylight Savings Time ... while confined to bed with a broken back. The BLM paid me to evaluate remote, gorgeous Utah canyonlands to determine whether they were better suited as a Wilderness Area or for ORV use, simply because I suggested the idea to them and volunteered to do it ... on my ORV.

Kwitcherbitchin' (and yer sniping) and get involved. Pull the damned rope rather than pushing on it.
inlandsea

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
Careful, Windswell ... Inlandsea and GD consider rational ideas to be egotistical, condescending pissing matches. They look like the antagonist here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQ-RsA-6Sts&feature=related

You're right, of course. All I had to do to get appointed by the governor to the Utah State Parks Commission (a three-man advisory board with the governor's ear) was demonstrate some knowledge and energy to the Commission. Independently of that but also due primarily to being present and informed, I was elected without even knowing I had been nominated to CHAIR Utah's state motorcycle racing commission, which directly managed >100 races involving >3,000 racers on state and federal land throughout the state. I personally prevented Utah from voting to end Daylight Savings Time ... while confined to bed with a broken back. The BLM paid me to evaluate remote, gorgeous Utah canyonlands to determine whether they pwere better suited as a Wilderness Area or for ORV use, simply because I suggested the idea to them and volunteered to do it ... on my ORV.

Kwitcherbitchin' (and yer sniping) and get involved. Pull the damned rope rather than pushing on it.

Please refer to my last post.
Been working with the town of Dennis for 10years to maintain access for windsurfing and kiteboarding at local launches.
I have been pulling the rope for a long time.
inlandsea

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And put words in other peoples mouths please. I can speak for myself.
justall

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boy, this post sent a shiver down my spine. When I'm not windusrfing in Cape Cod, I'm dreaming of being back there. The thought of losing access made made me think about how I act while rigging and ripping. While I think I've always been respectful, I'll pay even more attention to maintaining a cushion around those who might also be around ... and now it will be much easier for me to "remind" other WSs and KBs of the same. A simple, "Hey, you might want to rig a bit further down the beach so that we don't get anyone thinking of restricting access" may be all that is needed. If we all do the same, we all will be better off. Thanks to all of you who worked with the selectmen.

Oh, and for those who don't heed the reminder that this whole process has provided, may Whitey find you. Very Happy
inlandsea

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justall wrote:
Boy, this post sent a shiver down my spine. When I'm not windusrfing in Cape Cod, I'm dreaming of being back there. The thought of losing access made made me think about how I act while rigging and ripping. While I think I've always been respectful, I'll pay even more attention to maintaining a cushion around those who might also be around ... and now it will be much easier for me to "remind" other WSs and KBs of the same. A simple, "Hey, you might want to rig a bit further down the beach so that we don't get anyone thinking of restricting access" may be all that is needed. If we all do the same, we all will be better off. Thanks to all of you who worked with the selectmen.

Oh, and for those who don't heed the reminder that this whole process has provided, may Whitey find you. Very Happy

Well Said!
iceratz@comcast.net

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

inlandsea wrote:

90% of this 17 page thread is pissing and garbage

You did not help Phil with all your banter you personally took on with Dano....I count at least 5 pages of that , and then having fumed further comments by others .....while most of us ignored it....

This thread contains many valid suggestions,, arguments, agreements, concerns, historical outcome and congratulations to those whom took a public cited and press released problem and turned it around.

I think it counts for more than 10% IMO.
inlandsea

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iceratz wrote:
inlandsea wrote:

90% of this 17 page thread is pissing and garbage

You did not help Phil with all your banter you personally took on with Dano....I count at least 5 pages of that , and then having fumed further comments by others .....while most of us ignored it....

This thread contains many valid suggestions,, arguments, agreements, concerns, historical outcome and congratulations to those whom took a public cited and press released problem and turned it around.

I think it counts for more than 10% IMO.

When Attacked I will defend. Its my Nature. I defend Windsurfing when talking to Kiters and vice versa.

This thread could have been 1 Page and a few posts, but took turns and twists and became a Kiteboarding Vs Windsurfing War.

1. Windsurfing and Kiteboarding was Banned.
2. Kiteboarders/ Windsurfers got together and regained access to Eastham beaches.
3. Move on.

The rest was a complete waste of time IMHO. Misrepresentations about the sports. and a lot of "Im smarter than you". Blah blah blah.

The outcome of the efforts of those who took charge was positive, most of this was monday morning quarterbacking and had no effect on anything other than blood pressure.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 18 of 20

Jump to: