myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Goya Custom 84/92 vs Quatro LS 85/95

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
higgybaby

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:35 pm    Post subject: Goya Custom 84/92 vs Quatro LS 85/95 Reply with quote

Anyone compared these boards on the water?

Let me know if you have opinions and if you have one or more that you want to sell (2011 or 2012).

mike att el-jarro dot com
churan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Washed over one on accident last weekend and It left no ding. Well constructed for the occasional mishap! Very Happy
prevett

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The shapes for the Goya Custom Quads are supposedly unchanged from 2011 to 2012, but the nose construction was supposedly beefed up for 2012. It seems like half of the orange ones (2011) that I see around have some sort of nose repair.
capetonian

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sailed the 92 L Goya on Maui last year with a 5.0 and a 5.7. I weighed about 86 kg at the time. I'm not sure if it was my nervousness of sailing Hookipa for the first time, or the gustiness of the wind, or the that I wasn't using my own sails that I'm used to, but I felt that the volume was less than 92 L, and never really felt comfortable slogging it. I subsequently tried the LS 95 in light 6.0 conditions in Los Angeles and had no problem with slogging. So I'd say the Goya sails smaller than its stated volume and the LS sails true to its stated volume. Both turn really well.

I now have a LS 95 and I am loving it. While I mainly sail 5.3 / 6.0 conditions in Los Angeles, I've also sailed the LS 95 at Arroyo Laguna with a 4.2 and a 4.7, and felt the LS 95 handled the 4.2 far better than my previous 90 L wave board (Starboard Evo). So I feel comfortable with the LS 95 as a one board solution for the vast majority of my sailing conditions (Los Angeles with occasional trips up the coast).
jeff_bennett64

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I own the Goya 92 and the Quatro LS 85. Love them both. Wrote a review awhile back:

http://www.mauiwindsurfing.net/2011/08/quad-quest/

Last edited by jeff_bennett64 on Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
damel

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I own the Goya Quad 78L and have sailed the Quatro LS 75. They are very similar but I would say that the Quatro LS has a slightly faster outline.

The 95L version of the Quatro LS looked very big to me but for larger riders it is probably a gem. The Goya is probably best described as being 70% Quatro LS and 30% Quatro KT. All of the boards are slightly larger than advertised especially the Goyas, 78L is more like 82L.

wmike

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeff_bennett64 wrote:
I own the Goya 92 and the Quatro LS 95. Love them both. Wrote a review awhile back:

Jeff, read your web write up and I think you bought the Quatro LS 85 for higher winds and not the 95 as stated here. Smile
jeff_bennett64

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whitesalmonmike wrote:
jeff_bennett64 wrote:
I own the Goya 92 and the Quatro LS 95. Love them both. Wrote a review awhile back:

Jeff, read your web write up and I think you bought the Quatro LS 85 for higher winds and not the 95 as stated here. Smile

Yep, 85 Quattro not 95. Just edited that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: