myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Second/third video, Rufus 6-9-12
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bond1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:32 pm    Post subject: Second/third video, Rufus 6-9-12 Reply with quote

http://youtu.be/NPd2H_8005k

(Available in 1080p HD)

Edit:

Another in real time with real sound. Just for fun.

http://youtu.be/j4bIe621Z8k

Last edited by Bond1 on Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
kellyv

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:32 pm    Post subject: Gloves Reply with quote

Hi there Bond1. Noticed you are wearing gloves. I have been needing to get some for my soft city hands. What brand you have there? Where did you find them? They don't look like the Dakines. Thanks.
Bond1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Gloves Reply with quote

kellyv wrote:
Hi there Bond1. Noticed you are wearing gloves. I have been needing to get some for my soft city hands. What brand you have there? Where did you find them? They don't look like the Dakines. Thanks.

I wore Dakine gloves for years, then they changed the formula to a glove that felt gummy and slick when wet. I kept recycling old gloves with holes in them, wondering what I was going to do when they just wouldn't work anymore. Fortunately Dakine issued a new design this year that works really well. The palm material works much better for me. That's what I'm wearing in the video.
kellyv

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info. Are these them? http://www.dakine.com/p/windsurf/gloves/half-finger-sailing-gloves

my biggest problem in the past with gloves is the added forearm fatigue. Looks like the stickier material should help that.
Bond1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kellyv wrote:
Thanks for the info. Are these them? http://www.dakine.com/p/windsurf/gloves/half-finger-sailing-gloves

my biggest problem in the past with gloves is the added forearm fatigue. Looks like the stickier material should help that.

That's them. The palm is thinner, and more like a shark skin. But as you know, your mileage may vary.
LAWLER

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just gotta love those NorthPacific sailboards!!
True to the passion inside all of us who love the sport.
LAWLER

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just gotta love those NorthPacific sailboards!!
True to the passion inside all of us who love the sport.
shreddbob

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FWIW I too gave up on DaKine gloves because of lack of grip, and durability problems. (Haven't seen the new ones yet.) I switched to these Harken gloves. They are very similar to the old Windsurfing Hawaii "Black Tack" gloves.

http://www.mauriprosailing.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=HSG2563&Store_Code=MPS&search=harken+gloves&searchoffset=&filter_cat=&PowerSearch_Begin_Only=&sort=&range_low=&range_high=&ProductsPerPage=
Bond1

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shreddbob wrote:
FWIW I too gave up on DaKine gloves because of lack of grip, and durability problems. (Haven't seen the new ones yet.) I switched to these Harken gloves. They are very similar to the old Windsurfing Hawaii "Black Tack" gloves.

http://www.mauriprosailing.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=HSG2563&Store_Code=MPS&search=harken+gloves&searchoffset=&filter_cat=&PowerSearch_Begin_Only=&sort=&range_low=&range_high=&ProductsPerPage=

I might test these out.
shreddbob

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, so my curiosity got the better of me and I went and tried the new style DaKine sailing gloves (with the alligator textured black palm material). Here are my findings, versus the Harken gloves:

- The DK is thinner, lighter, cooler.
- The Harken has much better grip when wet.

So in conclusion, for me the Harken is still the clear winner. Grip is everything to me. I don't need thinness because all my booms are narrow diameter anyway. And while I can't judge the DK's durability based on one session, I'd bet that thin palm won't wear as well as the reinforced palm of the Harken.

Anybody want to buy my DK gloves, used one time, size L, for $20? Normal price is $32. PM me if so. I'm in the Gorge.

Bob
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: