myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Board Repair

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NOVAAN

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:35 pm    Post subject: Board Repair Reply with quote

Need a fix on my small board. No shops here in So Cal. Eva use to do magic. Any ideas on who can do a good repair. Its a new board and would like it done Board Lady good. Or I could do it myself and make it worse...
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The guy Eva trained just doesn't do big jobs. I had high hopes for him. I had a delamination job that Josh just refused to do. However, Scott at Whitstik is repairing my board as we speak. He says the structural part is done and is waiting for the color match. I'll let you know how it went when I get it back on Tuesday. 310 532-7845 is Scott's # in the meantime.

EVA, WHERE ARE YOU????
superkraut

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

on the water, perfecting my jibes Smile
btw: I have neither the space, nor the inclination (see above) to take on many big projects, but if you are an LI sailor and old customer, I may just consider to take in your repair - if you ask nicely!
Eva
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eva, I'd have kissed your feet if you'd taken on this job. Wink Everyone misses you! I'll report on Scott's work next week. If it is as good as your work I'll be stoked, and you'll be able to retire at peace, knowing that your flock is well cared for.

Otherwise Crying or Very sad
superkraut

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

in all fairness to Josh: Action agreed that better than 2/3 of your bottom was delam'd, which often makes for a no-win situation: the board is likely so fatigued that she'll soon blow elsewhere; the repair shop cannot charge as much as the job actually costs; it would add so much weight as to change the character of the board. That's why Josh did not take it on. Otherwise, he does great work and I am quite happy to sic him on you guys (or vise-versa?).
Sure hope Whitstick comes through for you, though!
NOVAAN

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Eva.. Hope all is well with you. I'm a long time So Cal windsufer. Seal beach and lake Isabel have claimed many hours of my life. What a great way to go. I'm a retired firefighter and understand you not wanting to work anymore. Its so great to do what you want when you want. I have a 2011 Tabou Rocket 95 that has a small delam in front of the rear foot strap. It hit pretty hard when it fell off my racks in my storage area. I don't think it will get bigger over the summer. If you would like a winter time job (I hate that word) no pressure to get it done, I could bring it up at the end of the season. My wife won't let me kiss your feet but breakfast at Neldas and what ever you would charge to make my baby right..Tony
714 692 8369
superkraut

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

y'all want to stay away from my bootie-feet! but Nelda's sounds good!
Btw: dings are what usually happen in a fall - delams are generally results of fatigue. So - keep an eagle eye on that trouble-spot and bring it up the moment it develops any sort of pronounced crease - better get it fixed before it takes on water!
eva at boardlady dot com
rich1

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slightly off topic,

Eva, thank you for your website, it rocks! I've been building boards for myself and friends for 20+ years, and I've learned tonnes from your web site. Glad to know you're on the water having fun.

Cheers,

Chris
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: