myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
leaky boat going to the bottom
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pueno

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
Pukeo... you frigging moron... nitwit.

Good, matty, good. I see you're expanding your vocabulary. Laughing Laughing

Always entertaining. Keep it up. BTW, you're starting to sound like Brucie.

mat-ty wrote:
Nearly three-quarters of the nation believes that the Obama administration’s wide-ranging leaks to the media of key intelligence on the killing of Osama bin Laden and hacking into Iran’s nuclear controls has hurt national security...

Do you actually think that the opinion of the American public is the critical yardstick for developing policy? We have abundant evidence (consider America's Oval Office 2000-2008) that the American people do NOT know what constitutes good policy or a smart vote.

mat-ty wrote:
Robert Gates, the former defense secretary, reportedly blasted the national security team in the Obama White House for blabbing about the raid to kill Osama bin Laden.

Quick sanity check here, slick.

You do know that Gates is a republican, right? You understand that he was a holdover from the Bush administration?

You realize that he taught at the George W. Bush School (there's an oxymoron!) of Government and Public Service at Texas A&M?

Is there any possibility that Gates has a partisan agenda?
swchandler

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well mat-ty, time will tell whether Romney, the Republicans and their super PACS will be able to dig enough dirt on President Obama and keep it ongoing full tilt until the election. Needless to say though, the rabid attack mentality can often backfire. But I guess when the Republicans have nothing credible to offer the American people, their left trying make the other guy look bad, regardless whether its true or not.
swchandler

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pueno, I have to say Republican or not, Gates is a guy that I respect. Of course, much of that has been based on what he has said and how he has conducted himself. Having seen him a number of times on Charlie Rose, I've always been impressed on how well he conducts himself, yet he still remains frank in his comments. A brilliant guest. He does have an edge though, as evidenced by his recent quote. Overall though, his commentary is usually understated, but it still retains a reasonable degree of blunt forthrightness. He clearly understands where the line is.
swchandler

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One more thing worth thinking about. I seriously doubt that Gates would have offered his pointed comment publicly. When you think about it, someone leaked his comment to the press.
pueno

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:
pueno, I have to say Republican or not, Gates is a guy that I respect. Of course, much of that has been based on what he has said and how he has conducted himself. Having seen him a number of times on Charlie Rose, I've always been impressed on how well he conducts himself, yet he still remains frank in his comments. A brilliant guest. He does have an edge though, as evidenced by his recent quote. Overall though, his commentary is usually understated, but it still retains a reasonable degree of blunt forthrightness. He clearly understands where the line is.

I agree. Gates always appeared to put his job, the needs of America, and professionalism before partisan politics, at least in the past. Most likely, there's a lot to this story that hasn't been made public.

We'll await those all-important leaks.

swchandler wrote:
When you think about it, someone leaked his comment to the press.

OMG, it was LEAKED! What's this world coming to? Shocked

Did Obama leak this story? Maybe Cheney and Libby were involved? Did Romney whisper something to somebody? Why are there so many leakers in Washington?
mac

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So matty, did you support indicting Cheney for telling his boy Scooter to out the CIA agent? Or are you just conveniently inconsistent?
isobars

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
With all do respect Boggs this is a credible story, you can attack me if it makes you feel better ,but this is going to be bad news for obama and company if these leaks can be traced to the white house, and many in the know like Pat Caddel believe most people already know the source.

I'm not even going to look. I can't comprehend, and don't want to know the depths of, ignorance of stories this big. I expect that of rabid Kardashian fans (I don't know, or want to know, what a "Snooki" is), but when a person who plays a financial advisor on the internet is this uninformed and unaware of not only the facts but the impact (this is far more nationally and globally important than Watergate ever was) ... who'd pay him 10 cents for advice on their kid's allowance?
windoggi

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ignorant by design. What a point of pride.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks matty. I certainly acknowledge the story as important, as I stated.. but now I'm being bitch-slapped by ISO.
I would second Mac's question. Were you equally upset when the Bush Whitehouse leaked continuously?
isobars

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
Nearly three-quarters of the nation believes that the Obama administration’s wide-ranging leaks to the media of key intelligence ...

The administration outs Seal Team 6 and 20 of them are shot out of the sky shortly thereafter.

The administration outs Stuxnet, Flame, and the Israeli agency which developed them. These guys AVERT OR DELAY OPEN WARFARE, POSSIBLY NUCLEAR, IN THE MIDEAST, and Obama's cabinet -- with no objection from our Commander in Chief -- boasts of it for political gain.

A Pakistani physician helps us find Bin Laden, and Obama outs him, assuring his life is over. IMO, our Special Forces should do anything possible to free him at ANY political cost.

Of no consequence? No sane nation or individual, foreign or domestic, can ever trust this President or his nation again. I thought Bush was dead wrong letting those border patrol agents go to prison for doing their jobs, but these offenses are infinitely more serious.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: