myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Dogs at the Event site..
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mchaco1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:33 pm    Post subject: Re: event site Reply with quote

starfish wrote:
Actually they use to have wooden dogs on the lawn. But people took them (stole them) or the geese figured it out.
As soon as you improve you won't being saling the event site anyway.

Figures..I might be moving on anyway, Im having no luck learning footstraps in the gusty nonsense recently. But I bought a preseason pass so I feel obligated to go at least 10 times :/...In unrelated news, anyone want to buy a season pass to the event site? Only $40!
isobars

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TBird wrote:
Hey Isobars, for a guy so gung-ho about enforcement, didn't you just post this about camping?

"I absolutely LOVE sleeping just like I love to sail and drive: on my own, with no one enforcing any rules."

Key words: "On my own" ... i.e., where I impact no one else and am not impacted by others. That's possible at the Event Site only on a calm rainy day in January.
isobars

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mchaco1 wrote:
At least the bird crap doesnt smell when it gets on your shoe. I choose to imagine that those are just soil plugs pulled out from aerating the nice lawn Laughing But step in one pile of dog crap and that smell will follow you for days

Not if you ditch the shoes. Go barefoot, and it'll wash off within a few reaches.

Now, carefully deposited inside the hot car or wetsuit of a recalcitrant dog owner ...

Look, guys, I love watching dogs play. I donate money and time to the development and upkeep of our community dog park, where scores of dogs play freely on a couple of acres of grass all day. I also love sleeping in the remote desert where my dogs can run loose all night without bothering anybody. But I'd never dream of letting them run and piss on sails or kites, crap in a publicly used area, or place themselves where all a stranger has to do to have them euthanized is file a police report. I know this is an unpopular position in many people under 40, but I believe The Golden Rule almost always beats F U, and if common decency won't enforce it, the law can and will.
tweeky

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:

Look, guys...

I don't see the controversy... I thought your original response was great... informative to the nines, and some good humor thrown in there to boot!
bobsmithna

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Isobars, you are getting to be a bore. Who voted you as "Authority of the World" anyway?
TBird

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
TBird wrote:
Hey Isobars, for a guy so gung-ho about enforcement, didn't you just post this about camping?

"I absolutely LOVE sleeping just like I love to sail and drive: on my own, with no one enforcing any rules."

Key words: "On my own" ... i.e., where I impact no one else and am not impacted by others. .

Your double standard is exactly my point. The next time you're blathering on about inconsiderate dog owners, consider that business owners and guests paying good money to stay in hotels probably find it rather inconsiderate that you freeload on their property, use their restroom and require them to hire a security guard. So enough with the pious preaching!

"I could park almost anywhere near the waterfront ... especially in a row of other white Ford vans near any business that used white Ford vans. I lay in my van one cold spring night dozing off to sleep beside a heated bathroom -- and another white Ford van that belonged there -- as a Hood River Best Western Hotel manager type talked with a security guy not 5 feet from me about watching for anyone sleeping in the hotel parking lot."
johnl

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:36 pm    Post subject: Re: event site Reply with quote

mchaco1 wrote:

Figures..I might be moving on anyway, Im having no luck learning footstraps in the gusty nonsense recently. But I bought a preseason pass so I feel obligated to go at least 10 times :/...In unrelated news, anyone want to buy a season pass to the event site? Only $40!

Dude, go about 1/4 mile west of the event site to Riverfront Park. It's free. HOWEVER there is a very small launch area. So it is a launching area, not a hang out area.

But don't get disappointed. If you sailed today, it was beyond gusty, it was like some crazy person had his finger on the fan switch and loved to turn it on and off....
mchaco1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:03 pm    Post subject: Re: event site Reply with quote

johnl wrote:
mchaco1 wrote:

Dude, go about 1/4 mile west of the event site to Riverfront Park. It's free. HOWEVER there is a very small launch area. So it is a launching area, not a hang out area.

But don't get disappointed. If you sailed today, it was beyond gusty, it was like some crazy person had his finger on the fan switch and loved to turn it on and off....

I probably should have done that instead of buying the pass..oh well, anyone want to buy a pass? Only $30 Very Happy
isobars

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TBird wrote:
Your double standard is exactly my point. The next time you're blathering on about inconsiderate dog owners, consider that business owners and guests paying good money to stay in hotels probably find it rather inconsiderate that you freeload on their property, use their restroom and require them to hire a security guard. So enough with the pious preaching!

You make a valid point I hadn't thought of, even though damaged sails, kids playing in dog crap, dog bites., and pet euthanasia don't compare to a few purloined flushes.
scottwerden

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:

..She compounded all that by screaming, "ISOBARS!" -- either a slur no innocent man should have to endure or an accolade to which few can aspire.

I think she was yelling at her dog. I wonder what inspired her to name the poor pooch Isobars?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: