myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
This sucks
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
outcast

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well. the ante just got upped, and our troubles are over.

Sheriff's office called the house last nite.

Black Bear in the neighborhood....no biggies for the mainlanders, but on Cape Cod???? ....I can't see him swimming the canal, so maybe running across the bridge like Jefferson in the Dirty Dozen Laughing

Headed East last sighting A very good omen.

btbill

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmmmm, I have a sailable SUP (SeaLion) loaded in the truck, perfect waves and light SSW wind located 3 min from my house; however, a one and three year old along with busy wife have kept me off the water this memorial day weekend.

My dad used to drag race cars before my sister and I came along, but had to give it up due to lack of time to hit the tracks. Now, I am experiencing something similar with windsurfing. Its frustrating, and though I am getting some sessions in here and there, in all my 25+years of windsurfing, this year has been the year where I am racking up more "missed its!" then imaginable given my location from the water and equipment available in my truck!

Will I be able to get out after typing the post.... well earlier winds were perfect (8am this morning) along with a fun wave 3 min from my house..... now (10:00am), winds have dropped, though hopefully still Sealion friendly?...

Will I be able to go, or will I have to stay home so my wife can go out to have some time to her self.

Tough game to play when you have young kids (note, one kid was no problem, but two+ is the game changer) and live at a windsurfing destination....

Its all about earning "chips" that you will have to "cash in" to catch that great session. No longer are those fun yet "par" sessions as easy. You have to give those up to fill the "chips" bank to cash in later. For those out there single, married with no kids, or perhaps only enjoying a single little one, once two+ comes along, there will be a few years that will really hit hard, especially when living at a windsurfing destination.

Currently frustrated, but hopefully and optimistically looking forward to an upcoming good session with waves, wind, and sunny warm weather and water.
btbill

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, got a little window to go out, and its dead high tide. Completely flat with slight bumps but nothing really breaking... Now that Sucks! Sad
outcast

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3 kids...it's gets better after they go to lttle league....I just earn Coupons when I can, and my wife realizes when it's good i gotta go....I pass on some days i didn't use to. First few years are tough though.

Beryl is gonna boomerang and barrel for us anyway....good weekend setup.

DriverA

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It really, really gets better when the kids start shredding like the Purple One, but he's off to Avon and Wind-NC this Summer, so I'll have work extra hard to blow off housework for Cape sailing Very Happy
WaterKook

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we have a change a coming this ..... Very Happy
outcast

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bear came to bring Boomerang Beryl barrels

Disclaimer: Not a poem

Driver A: Does a 7 year old Baffing on your old Equipe with a 2.6 meter sail count? He gets back to where he started....the other two just fool around

feuser

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

btbill wrote:
hmmmmm, I have a sailable SUP (SeaLion) loaded in the truck, perfect waves and light SSW wind located 3 min from my house; however, a one and three year old along with busy wife have kept me off the water this memorial day weekend.
[...]
Currently frustrated, but hopefully and optimistically looking forward to an upcoming good session with waves, wind, and sunny warm weather and water.

Bill, I can sympathize.

It is unfortunately fairly impractical to put these little spoil sports back where they came from.

My advice: negotiate a way to get out before the level of frustration reaches critical levels!

http://www.windsurfing.kasail.com/
outcast

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"This Sucks"

Low pressure sucks.....Am i the only one who cares about Boomerang Beryl....?

Isn't it just a supercharged Hatteras Low headed to the Gulf Stream and timed for some weekend pump?.....It's an unusual track and I know it ain't much, but i'm a little twitchy...

Not so much fun for our OBX cousins...

Gotta finish the boat

bthiel

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Good forecast for June two here in NJ. So far, so good ths year.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: