myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
The real racist
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swchandler

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of the talk from the right is so predictable. I find it ridiculous to believe that there have been calls for Attorney General Holder to get involved in the case. I guess he's a favorite black whipping boy based on any mention of the Black Panthers. Oh, and President Obama also has to carry some of the blame too, because it's the president and he's not bringing the full brunt of the federal government to bare on this situation.

What a bunch of nonsense!

In my view, it's up to the local authorities and the local District of Attorney's office to gather the facts of the case, and if warranted, pursue the proper legal course of action in a court of law. The media trial currently being played out just shows how wrong and foolish 24 hour a day cable news really is. Entertainment of the worst sort, whether it be from the right or the left.
DanWeiss

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love spinning Mike Ficktion in circles and watching how he then responds by reminding himself that he defeated scores of attorneys with only his intellect and a can opener.

More sitting before the mirror and spinning while the world passes you by, Mike. You crack me up.

mac

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fact that there are black bigots does nothing to relieve the disgust I feel when matty makes a posting.
techno900

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler said:
Quote:
I find it ridiculous to believe that there have been calls for Attorney General Holder to get involved in the case.

Eric Holder said - "As most of you know, three weeks ago, the Department of Justice launched an investigation into this incident, which remains open at this time, and prevents me from talking in detail about this matter," he said.

It seems that Holder IS involved in the case, so one wonders if the Department of Justice is also looking into the New Black Panther's bounty threat - NOT.
mat-ty

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac hele
Once again you prove you have no interest in the obvious truth. What we have seen the last few weeks from your bff obama, holder , and the rabid race baiters is a disgrace. This thread is not about Zimmerman, its about the madness and civil disobedience you seem to support. Lets find out what happened and let the legal system run its coarse. Does that work for you , or should we drag him out of his house and throw him to the angry mobs. Your far left moonbat position on everything makes me sick.
Would you feel the same way Mac hele, if the tides were turned , and a white supremacist group was putting a bounty on a black mans head? Come on dig down into that thick scull of yours and see if you can muster up a little common sense.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you matty, lets let the legal system do its job. In the meantime, can you tell your messiah, Sean Hannity to stay the f@#$ out of the picture and put Mr. Zimmerman's life ahead of his own ratings.
mac

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The comments by matty and Isobars show, in addition to their eagerness to tag any black man standing with racism to justify their own, a dramatic ignorance of the role of the Federal government in enforcing civil rights laws. Let me explain what, and why, the Federal government has a role.

To review the past, unequal enforcement of laws in the south was not simply a lack of prosecution of lynching, or using dogs on civil rights. Instead, there was a pattern where crimes against African-Americans were not enforced with the same rigor as crimes against white folks. The passage of the Civil Rights Act in 1964-opposed by the Dixie-crats, and now opposed by the like of Rand and Ron Paul and their libertarian kin--gave the Federal government a role in looking at such potential situations, and stepping in where locals failed to protect the rights of minorities. None of us know whether that happened, but it is important to recognize that there is a role for the Federal government, established by law and upheld in court cases.

There is a deeper question in the "hold your ground" laws. Since I studied civics in high school, I've known that you have a right to protect yourself in your home with lethal force. If someone invades your home, you have a right to shoot to kill to protect yourself. But that does not extend outside your home. The hold "your ground laws" extend that concept to such a dangerous degree as to decriminalize and perhaps even encourage vigilantism. The Zimmerman case may, or may not, be such an example. In that situation, the Federal government may well have a role in challenging such laws as inherently discriminatory, whatever the facts may be in the current case. Of course these laws were passed by ultra-right politicians, drafted by ALEC and encouraged by the NRA.

Impinging on your freedom shout those libertarians who don't know history, or care little about unequal application of laws. Look up Santayana and think just a little bit. Or show that you care little for the equal application of law. Remember that the hold your ground laws apply equally to Travon Martin--if confronted by Zimmerman he also has a right to defend himself. Is eliminating police officers by cutting taxes and encouraging vigilante's the future that the libertarians see for this country? I hope not.
swchandler

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900, just for the record, some of us have a position about the federal government in our lives. In my view, I don't think that the Attorney General's office should be involved in this murder case, as I believe it is a local issue. However, that said, the issue of the "hold your ground" laws is another matter, which may warrant federal involvement. Personally, I do not feel that such laws service the public interest, as they often encourage citizens to take the law into their hands out in the streets. If Holder's involvement is associated with the law itself, I have no problem with it. In such a scenario, it's my thought that the issue should not be limited to just the Florida law, but to all other states that have similar laws on the books.

With regard to the Black Panthers, and the idea of using Holder as a whipping boy to vent your prejudices, I have to see things more in line with mac. It is pretty clear to me that you, mat-ty and isobars are all to eager to show your disdain and lack of respect for blacks in questionable ways. If the Black Panthers, or any other group represents an actual threat to society, I have no doubt that the FBI would be on it. And, if criminal activities are found to have occurred that were in violation of federal laws, I trust that the Department of Justice would prosecute to the full extent of the law.
mat-ty

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's were the problem lies mac. Holder is not any man, he is the attorney general to all, everyone's legal rights need to be represented in a court of law, not in the court of public opinion. For him to publicly take sides is a disgrace and unethical. I do not blame the regular folks for being pissed, and have not defended Zimmerman in any way.
We all know the history of this country , most have moved on , some have not, sadly you choose to live in the past.
isobars

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please don't tell me that yet another one of these guys has convicted Zimmerman. If so, no wonder they are so convinced Obama is a God; it proves they get -- and blindly accept -- media $#!+. Worse yet, their only media is far left, so they don't even hear the other side of the picture so they don't know what to verify. They probably don't even know that right wing and centrist TR and TV spill the beans on BOTH sides, not just the left. Who shot down John McCain by revealing his amnesty program, for example? Right wing Talk Radio. And they should just hear the facefull of ridicule right wing TR gives birthers!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 3 of 16

Jump to: