myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Anyone thinking about Monday?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ron.c

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kinda wasted a good opportunity today with an hour or 2 to spare at lunch time - Should have rigged a 6.0 at Skaket. Had some very good 5.0 action but too much slogging during low periods.

Real Surf Story

Last night I got off the couch at 5 from an insulin induced stupor as result of trying to get my $18 worth out of a crappy feed line / buffet from some mid Cape restaurant.

Further man-up motivation was needed by then standing in line at the minimart waiting to buy 2 gallons of cheap milk while some fat old hag pondered how many different scratch cards to go with her chips and candy.

Then, more motivation came while mounting my bike, with the milk, and watching some poor slob beg the liquor store attendant to reopen just past 5 so he could get a fix for the night.

I sped home, jumped in my 6mil, threw the board (SUP) in the back of old blue and headed off for Nauset’s North Shore for an easy knee high of clean surf as forecasted by Morebeachdotcom. The first view was solid breaker action on the second bar(s) out; and low tide still had almost 2 hours to go. (A little bigger than easy knee high). Then a steep Pipeline-like pitch of waist+ shore break added a little bit more to the mix. Then the sets had waves coming in one after another (A little more that I wanted). Gray, 45F and completely on my own, why I went for it, I have no idea. Waves 1-4 were decent waist plus with plenty of power. Wave 5 was close to chest high, in my mind, with a great swell ride. As #5 progressed, I didn’t have enough paddle power to get away from near simultaneous steep close out; so an F-18 style pilot ejection was initiated.

In spite of being dragged to church on the holy day, I still said WTF enough of TS.

RC
outcast

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I left the Factory about an hour after JE....

Must be nice to just take the afternoon off and go sailing when you are a Factory owner

sailingjoe

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:37 am    Post subject: Monday Reply with quote

The water was cold yesterday. I was out all day pretty much down at Wacko Bay (Retirement does have it's benefits.), but I really didn't spend a lot of time in the water. My right leg cramped up a bit and gave me fits last night. It wasn't that I didn't have a good wetsuit and equipment, it's just that I'm aging. It's too bad since the winds were excellent. Two kite docs were there in very fancy dry suits. They spent a lot of time on the water. It was a great day for the sun, too. If you were held captive in some clinic all winter, you would certainly have enjoyed it. I saw a nesting pair of swans fly against the gale which was rather impressive. When it comes to equipment, well, as usual I shoulda, coulda, woulda and learned a lot. Launching kites was an experience, too. Everything goes well with Marshall who is careful in his prep. Rob R., however, can offer more than excitement. In prep, I told him that I wouldn't mind seeing a kiting yard sale, then I nearly effected one. The meter readings from the public site weren't exactly like those I took at Callie's beach, but they were close. So, to answer the thread's subject, I'm still thinking about Monday and will probably thinking about it all week.
wavedawg

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Action at De Action, will settle for Hardings - woof!
WaterKook

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Would you look at that!" blowing 22 in Chatham now gusting to 26. And it is only forecasted to get windier later. Very Happy
outcast

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could be talked into CG (Later) if the factory is closed, the wind clocks, and i don't have to go to a "Yoga party" (tfs....i don't have any idea what that would be like but it would earn alot of marital coupons and is apparently tonite.....all the best parties are on Tuesdays anyway?!)
sailingjoe

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's easy to imagine a yoga party, but an insulin induced stupor? Are you diabetic, Ron?
ron.c

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yoga parties? Failed at those (friends thought it would make me a better person) along with meditation classes (in Santa Cruz no less), dance lessons (insisted upon by wife so I wouldn't look like a jack a$$ at the wedding), cooking (my wife said that she would not marry me, unless I did 50% of the cooking - ooh big threat)

Maybe she'll give me credit for trying to learn paddle surfing??

Diabetic no, but it sure felt like it after what Cl@ncy's sold me on Sunday.

Did I mention that I also survived a laser-light stink eye assault from Reverend Wes for being a less than faithful believer. He laughs when ever my a$$ gets hauled into his place of worship.

Aside from those faults and a few more, Gerda will vouch for me that I’m not a total "Richard Cranium"

too stiff to sail today, RC
WaterKook

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is good stuff Ron!!! Funny sh!t!!! Thanks for the laughs Laughing
sailingjoe

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

evans wrote:
That is good stuff Ron!!! Funny sh!t!!! Thanks for the laughs :lol:
I agree, but don't know any Richard Craniums. Is he a poor relation of BeetleJuice? As to Yoga and stretching, I did it religiously when a ski professional because one time I pulled a hamstring in the Rockies somewhere. It worked i.e. I never pulled another hamstring. However, now I only do it either before Ice Skating or Alpine Skiing which isn't all that often. It had a lot to do with wearing heavy boots, too. Nevertheless, the half hour of stretching I did in a racketball court, I did alone. Parties suck, plain and simple.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: