myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
The real racist
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mat-ty

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:05 pm    Post subject: The real racist Reply with quote

Once again racist eric holder proves he has an axe to grind. But then again his buddy obama was marching with those guys only a few years ago. Pretty freakin sad.

http://dailycaller.com/2012/04/09/zimmerman-family-challenges-holder-on-new-black-panthers-says-no-arrests-based-solely-on-your-race/
DanWeiss

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:39 pm    Post subject: Re: The real racist Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
Once again racist eric holder proves he has an axe to grind. But then again his buddy obama was marching with those guys only a few years ago. Pretty freakin sad.

http://dailycaller.com/2012/04/09/zimmerman-family-challenges-holder-on-new-black-panthers-says-no-arrests-based-solely-on-your-race/

Eh, one difference is that the NBPP hasn't shot anyone after being told by government agents to back off and not pursue the person eventually shot.

Not so with Mr. Zimmerman.
"911, what is your emergency?"
"Tracking a suspicious dude."
"OK, thanks for your call. We're sending the police."
"Oh, I'm tracking him."
"Don't do that!"

Bang! Dead boy.

The problem with the so-called Stand your Ground laws is that most ignore the conflict they create with hundreds of years of existing jurisprudence regarding self defense. The traditional demand to retreat if reasonable when under a perceived or actual threat of grave bodily harm has been set on its ear in these states, yet no account has been taken for the party harmed during an exercise of this new self defense agenda.

Each person in such a conflict may act under the identical legal rubric, thus Martin held the same right to ultimate self defense as did his shooter. Zimmerman's subsequent assertion that Martin was beating him to death is countered step by step with an assertion that an armed Zimmerman was pursuing Martin, despite being told expressly not to pursue by law enforcement as well as any facts that may suggest Zimmerman's gun was apparent prior to Martin's alleged attack on Zimmerman.

Matt, you are politicizing this tragedy. Shame on you.

isobars

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holder's (lack of) actions and his public comments on the Philadelphia Black Panthers voter intimidation proved beyond any doubt that Holder is conducting the DOJ in a racist manner. His anti-voter ID rants and Fast & Furious position sealed his racism under layers of concrete. Neither God not the ghost of MLK, Jr could clear him now. "Voter intimidation and conspiracy to commit murder laws apply only to white on black crimes " ... REALLY, Eric? We may as well have Al Sharpton in the job.

Even worse in the sense that it actually surprises me and seals his unprofessionalism in concrete, was Dan's response, which I checked in the hopes I might learn more about the legal nuances of Holder's positions. Dan -- a LAWYER -- has convicted Zimmerman BASED ON THE MEDIA, in particular a network that publicly admitted doctoring the 911 tapes and claims to have fired the man responsible. That is absolutely the last faith I put in his legal opinions. Dan, this isn't rhetoric, or an attack, or a diversion; it's just the honest, eye-opening sound of my jaw hitting the floor. No wonder I have yet to lose any of my numerous professional jousts with lawyers, even those of VISA.

It's just Poinster now.
NickB

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
"Voter intimidation and conspiracy to commit murder laws apply only to white on black crimes " ... REALLY, Eric? We may as well have Al Sharpton in the job.

Did holder really say that? or did Iso just make up an official-looking quote (with double-quotes, italic characters and all) and spin the truth again?

isobars wrote:

Dan -- a LAWYER -- has convicted Zimmerman BASED ON THE MEDIA,

Dan, did you really convict Zimmerman?
pueno

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:

Dan -- a LAWYER -- has convicted Zimmerman BASED ON THE MEDIA,

And we all know you can't trust the media.

Unless the name starts with "F," of course -- I just can't discern whether it's "Fick's News" or "Fox News."
swchandler

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The way that I look at it, Zimmerman shot and killed an unarmed man. He'll have to answer for that. Time will reveal his fate, probably in a court of law. The media's connection with everything, seems to be more about entertainment and the ratings.
DanWeiss

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It must be true that Fick doesn't read my posts, because he got NOTHING right! (What's new?)

Mr. Ficktion, the 911 tapes are released, whether by operation of law or a leak. Are you debating that Zimmerman was told to back off? Seriously?

What network did I base my "conviction" of Zimmerman? I didn't realize that a trial has started. Where's my tie?

Tilting at windmills is a known cause of neck strain and will make it difficult to do anything but stare into a mirror -as you've already discovered.

techno900

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan said:

Code:
after being told by government agents

Quote:
despite being told expressly not to pursue by law enforcement

I have also heard the media state that the "police" told Zimmerman to back off.

It was the 911 operator, not a police officer, not law enforcement, but I suppose the operator could be called a government agent. Using what may appear to be a more authoritarian slant on the the operator's request is one way some try to inflame or turn the issue to their point of view. It's also possible the Zimmerman did back off (as has been reported) and Martin became the aggressor. WE DON'T KNOW.

Actually, your point about:
Quote:
Each person in such a conflict may act under the identical legal rubric, thus Martin held the same right to ultimate self defense as did his shooter.

is valid and neither Zimmerman or Martin likely knew who the other guy was or what his intentions were. The real issue is with the Florida law that is responsible for creating this problem.

I am from Texas and we have similar laws that I like, but it is specific to one's home, property and car, not wandering the street where it may be impossible to determine who was or wasn't the aggressor.

I also find it quite discouraging that Holder or anyone else in a position of authority hasn't said one word about the threats and bounty on Zimmerman. Don't liberals see this as a frightening issue? What do you think will happen if Zimmerman isn't charged? What do you think will happen if he is charged and found innocent? What do you think will happen if he is found guilty, but gets a light sentence? The crap has yet to hit the fan and no one is trying to defuse the crisis, but they are working hard at inflaming it.
isobars

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
I have also heard the media state that the "police" told Zimmerman to back off.

It was the 911 operator

WE DON'T KNOW.

EXACTLY. That's why, so far, the whole thing boils down to three issues we DO know:
1. Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson are two of the biggest race-baiting pimps on the planet. Their racist BS has ruined several lives in this case alone.
2. A kid died. Whether that's a tragedy or justice is still unknown.
3. The vast majority of the media played a HUGE part in this case's biggest tragedy -- the race-mongering uproar -- by both feeding the frenzy and, in MANY cases, declaring Zimmerman guilty. Neither those networks nor those newsmen should ever again be regarded as legitimate sources of news.

Not even the 911 operator, let alone police, told Zimmerman to back off or not to follow Martin. At the most, the 911 dispatcher said, "We don't need you to do that [follow him]". Hell, they don't need me to windsurf, either.

What we DO know is the 911 transcripts, NBC seriously doctored them, eyewitnesses saw the two fighting, Zimmerman displayed clear forensic evidence of having been on his back on the grass and the concrete, Martin got shot, Zimmerman is now acting foolish, and journalism is apparently confined to the only network or networks that prohibited the speculation and stuck to the known facts.
mat-ty

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan
I am not sure what happened and either are you. I agree Zimmermann has a lot of explaining to do. And this is exactly why I would never want to own a gun.
The other crime here is the way this has played out in the press. As a lawyer I can only believe you believe in due process. He has been convicted by the press, by US Congressmen and others. The new black panthers have put a bounty on his head, is that not a crime Dan? Spike lee tweets his address only to terrorize an innocent elderly couple, NBC doctors the tapes to make him sound like a racist, are you really going to defend this Dan.
Eric Holders inaction is not only irresponsible but are downright dangerous. And you want to accuse me of race baiting.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 1 of 16

Jump to: