myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
WINDSURFING magazine to suspend publication
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swchandler

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget to let us know how your court case goes.
paulf.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just got another issue of trans world surf in replacement. did you all know that there are no women who surf, they just model clothes and bikinis. and the print is still too small.
letushka

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

new generation doesn't reads magazines nowadays. I never bought a single windsurfing magazine. Smile it wasn't selling because they didn't have pictures of cute semi-naked girls there..

I bought a super cool kite though for low wind. Will I ever be buying kiteboarding magazine, nope.
GURGLETROUSERS

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote; 'New generation don't read magazines nowadays.'

You sure of that letushka? Newsagents over here have whole walls full of magazines which cater for every sport and activity under the sun. There are multiple publications for surfing, motor cycling, photography, road cycling, mountain biking, kayaking, cars, (fill a whole shelf alone), computers, (fill TWO whole shelves), and on and on and on!

You may well be right that the new generation don't BUY them nowadays. They simply stand there all day reading them, preventing those of us who are prepared to PAY for them, from getting anywhere near!

No wonder they are steadily going under.
RickCronk

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
What I'd most like to know is how anyone got refunds or other (useful) magazines out of them after their collapse.

I didn't expect a refund, so didn't ask. However, Jane Powell at WindSurf@emailcustomerservice.com transferred the remainder of my subscription to my skater nephew for Transworldskate Magazine. Wink
wseibert

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got my refund from Bonnier. I requested it on their website. Now I'm gonna take my $11.98 and buy 3/4 of an issue of The Surfers Journal. Trans World Surf sucks completely.

Will
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kind of a bummer, but stopped reading years ago. The magazines all just seem to be redundant. I feel bad for Josh its never nice to find out your job has been eliminated.

I had the pleasure of being one of the board testers in Hatteras for the 100 L plus equipment. It was a blast to be part of and a great bunch of people to do it with. Unfortunately that opportunity is no longer available due to the closure of the magazine.

Last edited by KGB-NP on Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:22 am; edited 2 times in total
windward1

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:12 am    Post subject: Print Magazines are dead men walking. Reply with quote

Newsweek magazine sold for one dollar. Now no longer going to publish in print. On line only.

It is not just our sport. It is not just our magazine. The internet changes things.
johnson_brian_j

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PeconicPuffin wrote:
If you want a print magazine in the U.S. (I do) support Windsport. The editor (Pete Dekay) is a great guy. That's the print choice we have, aside from regionals (go NEWJ!)

I subscribed to Windsport based on this and other recommendations on this forum. They sent me one issue back in May, and I have gotten nothing since. I sent them an email through their web site, and they did not reply. Checking again just now, I see their web site apparently no longer has a link to subscription-management or contact information.
sailingjoe

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone gone to www.the-house.com recently? Here's a windsurfing shop that expanded into web sales. Try and find windsurfing product on the main page.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 15 of 16

Jump to: