myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
whats a few trillion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swchandler

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, I had no problem opening up the link that florian provided, or opening the pdf of the transcript of Miss Fluke's testimony. I have to question why isobars can't. If the truth were told, isobars probably has deliberately avoided finding out what really happened. Instead, he purposely dwells on the false statements and lies that abound on the "news" sources he prefers, and by buying to that despicable commentary, he becomes a willing shill and conduit for liars.

One thing that has continually been misrepresented by the right is that Miss Fluke never mentioned that she expected free contraception. She simply stressed that contraception should be covered in the insurance policy that the university provides. In my view, that would be just like other drugs covered by an insurance policy.
isobars

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coboardhead wrote:
Ummm...I didn't write that. Now, Don Q is tilting at me for Feuser's comments. Again I am complimented.

You're right. Because you refuse to use the bulletin board's normal QUOTE button but instead cut and paste stuff, the resulting format is confusing. I had to Google the accusation to find its real source ... to whom my post still applies.

Interestingly, in that Google process I saw that
DanWeiss wrote:
isobars wrote:
I wonder how well the liberal media covered the fact that Clinton was impeached for perjury -- for undermining the very foundation of our entire legal system by lying under oath -- rather than for defiling OUR White House.

Another incitement (not incisive) from Mr. Ficktion. I realize you were in the admitted infancy of your political awareness at that time, but even you should know the difference between a charge and a conviction. The Senate acquitted President Clinton based on what everyone knows was a highly politicized investigation

Apparently Dan, a lawyer, does not even understand that impeachment does not imply conviction; the charge itself constitutes impeachment even if the charge is dismissed. I wonder if he knows that the same goes for a military court martial. But what I REALLY wonder is whether he, whose career is our adversarial jurisprudence system, understands that it is based on the presumption that sworn testimony is true unless explicitly disproved, and that president and lawyer Bill Clinton’s perjury -- lying under oath --before a grand jury undermines that system. Thus while politics may have helped initiate his impeachment, his own party, if it had a conscience, shouldn’t have needed the GOP to push the issue.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
you guys can all rejoice...Jeffrey Toobin is reporting that the Supremes have a BIG problem with the mandate.

Boggs, What a disappointment. You weren't looking forward to waiting in long lines to have your prostate checked? Sad

As a conservative I'd support 100 large free clinincs spread accross our country for those without insurance. Perhaps bi-weekly bus service for those out of area, or free public bus service to the clinics. That and food stamps would be all they'd get unless they were working or profoundly disabled. 100 mega clinics/hospitals would be able to cover the vast majority of people who aren't covered. They could use last years mri machines and surplus diagnostic tools.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But at whittle white why won't hurt anyone wiwl it?

Although my Dad used to say the best president would be one who chased women, drank, and cursed. Ahh, where is Kennedy when you need him?

What we want Santorum? He probably wets his bed when it thunders outside.
swchandler

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shame on you coboardhead for trying to confuse poor isobars. If you did things the way you're supposed to, he wouldn't have been led astray and made to look stupid. That's probably why he didn't offer a simple apology.
coboardhead

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler

That dang quote button doesn't work from my smart phone...but I'm not wrong...I never am...it was my phone's fault. Or Obama's.
mogunn

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poor Mikey ... always the victim. Crying or Very sad
swchandler

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our conundrum here is that isobars is never wrong. Inherently, that means that everyone else must be wrong.

That's more than a little bit off the top, but that's his reality. It's that "all about me thing". Nothing else matters.
mogunn

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:
It's that "all about me thing". Nothing else matters.
It's a personality disorder called narcissism.
coboardhead

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I appear to be the one feeding this troll right now...I believe I will take a break. Got a couple weeks on the water coming up anyway...later.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 16 of 18

Jump to: