myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Separation of church and state
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mat-ty

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's why Rubio will be VP. I will take a white shoe hedge fund manager any day over a capitalist hating, social dividing, foreign raised, incompetent fool.
Do you really think boggs obama is better for the future of this country? I know you’re a smart guy, and deep down you have to realize that obamas way will eventually come back to haunt the future of this country.
We are on an unsustainable path, with no REAL plan to lower our debt, do you really support that? Mitt may be a little stiff, but he is a smart SOB, and I truly believe he has the ability to get us heading in the right direction. Yes it will take sacrifice from all, and will not be easy, but borrowing ourselves out of these tough times is a dangerous house of cards that will eventually come tumbling down .
boggsman1

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by boggsman1 on Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
swchandler

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty, you seem to be enthralled by Marco Rubio. What has he done to win your strong support?

Wasn't he just elected to the Senate in 2010? In my view, I'd say he's rather short on experience. Tell us about his accomplishments to date and why he is so worthy.
mat-ty

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hispanic vote, I am thinking ticket here. Is he ready to be president , no.
But I think we are safe that Mitt will live five more years.

My biggest beef with obama is his expansion of goverment, I just think to many people on the goverment payroll, and unions gaining more power is a dangerous direction.
mac

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know who turned over the rock that matty had been hiding under, but the results are ugly, if predictable. Amid all the spewed hate, matty claims:

Quote:
I have no problem with obama the man, I am sure he is an ok guy, probably be a nice neighbor. My hatred is for obama the president, I have no interest in his plans to fundamentally change America, his vision of this country is vastly different from mine , and ultimately will turn America into cesspool of lazy government dependent zombies.

Maybe someone here believes that first statement, but I don’t even think matty believes it. Comments like “moron Obama”, and claims that he is incompetent come out of the blue, with no more correct path outlined. But when you don't have an argument, and you are consumed with hate, name calling is what you do. From what I have seen Obama is 100 times more able than Bush. Take Iran and Iraq as just one example. Most people paying attention to foreign policy in 2001 knew that Iran was a much greater threat than Iraq. Yet Bush got us bogged down in 2 unsuccessful war efforts, in some part because his crew didn’t know the difference between Sunnis and Shiites, and we exhausted much of our capital, credibility, and certainly the public’s stomach for war, on what look to be stalemates. Demonstrating that a relatively small country can bog the United States down in the desert and high desert in an environment where we understand neither the culture nor the language.

Matty’s claims about Iraq,are particularly inept, and show him to be an uninformed chicken hawk in the Dick Cheney camp. He might actually try reading something with some analysis. Seymour Hersh has been reporting on the Middle East in the New Yorker for decades. You might take a look at the comments from the top military brass in this article: http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2008/07/07/080707fa_fact_hersh. Cheney pushed for the use of nuclear weapons in Iraq, and even the thoroughly mediocre Bush knew better than that. Iran has been dug into the mountains with their weapons work since the middle of the Bush presidency, or longer, and most of the top military guys knew it couldn’t be taken out even with tactical nuclear weapons. But I suppose matty would be proud of the blowback in our cities if we tried. Again, most foreign policy analysis that is not partisan gives Obama high marks for organizing what is now a very effective (but inhumane) set of economic sanctions. Resistance to the United States has become a touchstone for supporting the existing government.

And then there are matty’s claims that Obama should fix the debt. While he panders to the Republican politicians that created 2/3 of the debt, the structural deficit represented by the Bush tax cuts, and who are calling for still more tax cuts. It is the Republicans that refused to come to the table on the debt.

So keep muttering bigoted and uninformed comments about Obama, and keep claiming that you hold no racial animus. I can easily see how a man so much more talented than you makes you so resentful.
swchandler

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac, for some reason your link to the New Yorker article isn't working. It goes to the the New Yorker website, but it can't make the connection to the article. Maybe part of the address is incorrect or incomplete.
mogunn

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remove the period at the end of the link and you'll get there.
swchandler

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks mo! I appreciate it.
mat-ty

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac , I hope you have an electric pump for that blow up obama doll you like to cuddle at night. But then again you are a major blow hard. Good lord are you still blaming bush you blind fool. Three plus years later , control of house and senate for first two years , five trillion dollars, and jack shit to show for it, and you still defend him.

I feel very confident in the sources I base my opinions on.
pueno

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
...the moron obama...

Bin Laden is dead and GM is alive.

Dubya didn't care one way or the other about Bin Laden, and Willard argued to let GM die.

Very patriotic, right?

Romney was no doubt plotting to have Bain Capital manage GM's bankruptcy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 3 of 15

Jump to: