myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Windsurfing Videos Buy and Sell Services
 
Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Top 10 forum contributors
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
pueno



Joined: 03 Mar 2007
Posts: 2342

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

westender wrote:
This is The Internets.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internets

Frivolous comments or opinions without proper and well documented facts, BY EXPERTS, will not be tolerated.

Do you accept Facts by Fox™, professor?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
isobars



Joined: 12 Dec 1999
Posts: 13265

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thombiz wrote:
Best to move on and find something positive to be a part of instead of this twisted vision of self importance. He can't help himself, it's in the DNA. Even this single post is too much feeding of his ego and for no other reason is a waste of everybody's time. Best to just ignore him. Bob T.

Bauer said you seemed like a nice guy in person.
What happened on your way to the forum?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
swchandler



Joined: 08 Nov 1993
Posts: 5433

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps, isobars is forgetting the not too distant past where he played a big part affecting thombiz's take on him. Sadly, he wasn't the first, and he won't be the last to come to the same type of conclusion.


Moving back to topic, I'm solidly with U2U2U2 about thombiz. When it comes down to making things and sharing it in fine detail, he's topflight. Few offer that kind of contribution here, and I appreciate it. Similarly, I've always found interest in U2U2U2 commitment to mult-fin concepts. Also, in all the multi-fin modifications that he has done and presented, he always adds an artistic statement with his graphics.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
thombiz



Joined: 25 Jun 2007
Posts: 540
Location: Corpus Christi

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Bauer said you seemed like a nice guy in person.
What happened on your way to the forum?


Some people just rub me the wrong way! I don't like graffitti taggers. I don't like people who ask questions incessantly. I don't like whiners and complainers. I don't like people who constantly make everything about themselves and their dilemma. I don't like people who have to have the last word no matter what. I say it's blue-green, you say it's aqua, I say it's teal, you say it's blue green. Who gives a shit. I don't like you. If we can avoid each other the rest of the world is a happier place.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DanWeiss



Joined: 24 Jun 2008
Posts: 1887
Location: Connecticut, USA

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

damel wrote:
Please keep it positive

Mr. Mike wrote: "To bring this unrealistic lovefest back to reality ... several of those already nominated wage baseless personal attacks, claim that only their WSing technique and equipment are acceptable and tell those with other opinions to Shut Up, hijack threads very often, troll, lie, and/or commit several other egregious behaviors. Exempting them from full appraisal gives them credence they may not deserve, to the detriment of observers’ learning opportunities. Maybe unintentionally, you’re implying their occasional civility transcends their misbehavior and renders their opinions correct regardless of facts and opinions offered by others. Regarding those behaviors as acceptable, especially in light of the list I posted in the etiquette thread, will only drive the forum further into the toilet."

Another thread, not about him, turned into one about him, by him. Sigh. . .

_________________
Support Your Sport. Join US Windsurfing!
617.259.0411
www.USWindsurfing.org

www.konaone.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
isobars



Joined: 12 Dec 1999
Posts: 13265

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thombiz wrote:
I don't like people who constantly make everything about themselves ... last words ... I don't like you. If we can avoid each other ...

Easy from this end, nobody makes you look at my posts, and if you pay attention you'll notice that it's almost always personal snipers like you've become, not I, who turn threads towards me.

But why your stream of baseless personal attacks? Do you really want lurkers and the other decent people here to associate you with the attack dog mentality so prominent here? Are you incapable of concentrating on the intended message rather than obsessing about the messenger? If you don't like incessant questions, why do you stab yourself in the eyes by participating in a forum so heavily oriented to answering questions? And if you hate seeing discussions of complex multifaceted issues, why are you involved in such a complex sport and a forum on same with so many facets?

Your honesty is a good trait, IMO, but why offset it with personal character assassinations? Letting your dislike of my stubborn behavior excuse or prompt your even worse behavior doesn't say much about the thickness of your "nice guy" veneer.

You ask, "Who gives a shit" [about nuances]? For starters, the OP who asked the question about them and the observer trying to learn about them, that's who. Nobody's going to learn squat about gear or technique if all you want them to see is one side of any gear or technique issue, and if you don't want to see any more discussions about footstraps and big boards, persuade John not to keep bringing those issues up by saying they're the only way to windsurf.

Should we stop discussing certain details or topics just because you don't want to read about them? The 40%-60% of threads that don't interest me I just ignore, and I don't attack people personally without proof, cause, and relevant purpose. Is that too much to ask of others such as yourself?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
damel



Joined: 15 Jul 2007
Posts: 216

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Top 10 forum contributors Reply with quote

Here is the original post:

damel wrote:
This is a great forum that has helped all of us improve our windsurfing experience. The winter off season seems to be making us all go crazy resulting in some negative and unproductive post. Please add your own list of posters you feel deserve to make a top 10 list and feel free to elaborate.

.....

There are many more I could add but would like to hear what other people have to say. Please keep it positive there are plenty of post out there right now where you can be negative. Lets try to get back on track.


What the hell happened people. Take a look at the ikitesurf forum there is far less of this bs going around. I am done with this forum there is way to much useless text from personal arguments, rants and what the hell do US politics have to do with getting into the straps. Signing off- damel

_________________
_____/)_____
http://east-of-maui.blogspot.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
windoggie



Joined: 22 Feb 2002
Posts: 2200

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its really just one guy. I admit to biting some of his lures sometimes when they float by because its hard not to. And it is kind of entertaining...but it gets to be a bit predictable and not too friendly. I prefer friendly.
_________________
/w\
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
swchandler



Joined: 08 Nov 1993
Posts: 5433

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right windoggie, it's really only one guy mucking up the works. Hopefully damel will continue to participate and not let this difficult character spoil things for him here.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wooot



Joined: 05 Oct 2002
Posts: 199

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike,

Please no longer state that I said I called you a liar. I NEVER said that.

You call for me to back up my statements with facts... (facts are simple facts are straight, facts help twist the truth around.. David Byrne, talking Heads, remain in Silence album).. sorry I wander.
Dude... I don't want a war.

I had been warned to just let it go. In my mistaken optimism I truly thought tht maybe if I confronted you here (I have also been warned to not do as I am doing now) it might help your "internet situation"... I really, really intended no harm and did not know it was quite like it really is, I was hoping and thinking MAYBE I could Affect a possitive shift, because it was someone you knew, so maybe you could pin a face on the poster.... boy was I wrong.

I knew I was taking a big risk, but I'm a cocky bastard.... just like you.

My biggest regret is that I brought strife on my other sialing "compadres" and brought this hole friggin mess up... where??? an internet forum. I look to these places for fun, and maybe a little info. The forum is not my life.
Funny thing is, and it really is funny when you think about this, is... generally I never read your posts caus' I don't want to connect the internet posts from the Isobars that I consider (or did consider) my friend, with you Mike..... however
I accidentally read a post from a guy who was asking about sailing in the Pugit Sound... your response was.. (basically, paraphrasing)... "dude, Seattle and the Pugit sound sucks.. bite the bullett and drive to the Gorge where the real sailing is. Why would you comment on sailing in the Sound ??? I just don't get it. Respond to posts that you have direct input on.. NOT damn near ALL of them. If I lived in Seattle I might want catch a sesh without driving 3 1/2 hours... I clearly just dont get your drift on nearly anything, though others may.

So... this is my final response to you in any way, be it on this forum or in person EVER at Rosey, or anywhree else. PLEASE, PLEASE don't make the other Rosey regulars suffer for my mistake of assuming some hope in this situation (you all know who you are)... see you shorty... I really miss you dudes.

Lets just call it a truce... I never speak to you EVER again or acknowledge you exist in ANY way, and Vise versa.... Deal??

Have a nice life Mike.

Thanks again to all my friends and I am TRULY sorry for all the turmoil,
Marty


Last edited by wooot on Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

myiW | Weather | Community | Membership | Support | Log in
like us on facebook
© Copyright 1999-2007 WeatherFlow, Inc Contact Us Ad Marketplace

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group