myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
The Fickster (Isobars in action) vid!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swchandler

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"You know that's a proven lie, yet you've stated it 2 or 3 times now to varying degrees without being able to back it up. Do you really want to look like the gang bangers here whose stock in trade is exactly that?"

As I vaguely recollect, wooot was "ripped" by isobars in the past. In my view, it's just another scenario where isobars attempts to weasel out of the corner he's in. That's his "stock in trade".
PeconicPuffin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
I have no opinion on the video because I can't see it.

I'm sure if you ask you can get it reposted. I for one would like to read your explanation and analysis of your sailing.

isobars

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what its source told me, it's simply a shot of my usual beach approach and dismount, way underpowered. After having done it a few thousand times, I don't need no steekin' picture to have an idea what it looks like. Ya bear off, sheet in, close the gap, get yer weight way back, look for an overpowering gust for all the speed you can possibly muster, UNFREAKINGHOOK!, take both hands off the boom as you lean back while stretched out to full length, and "slide into third" as your lee hand grabs the boom near the mast so the clew doesn't snag the water. It beats the heck out of stepping on the "Rebar Root" at Roosevelt or folding one's knee forward 45 degrees by stepping into a hole at Rowena, as I've seen with the usual booorrrinngg dismount. The few times I don't do that, I just wheelie as high as I can from good (not absolute max) speed to a full stop ... then lie down. That "Rebar Root" is freaking dangerous and it's right in the dismount zone. I pucker every time I see anyone step, let alone jump, off there.

Sorry if I get bored sailing by the textbooks.

NOT!
wooot

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike,

You're not see'n the big picture here.
Your kinda like Bruce Willis in the Sixth Sense... you only see what you wanna see.
you can slam me all you wan't with your little "quote" thingies... don't really give a crap. They are always taken out of context and trimmed to support whatever your point is anyway.
Funny thing is, you don,t ever do that with the good things people ( like me) say about you as a PERSON.

Dude! LOOK AROUND! All this "huhub" over such a meaningless little thing.
Why do you think that is??
Do you REALLY think people hate you for rour sheer intillect and brilliance??... or could it be something else... LOOK INWARD my friend.
You seem to think that everone is "out to get you". That it's "you against the horde" all shrouded in the guise of "helping others" in the face of the fire of all the mindless throngs of the un-informed bastards who want to destroy you.

As I said eirlier, maybe (obviously) it was a mistake to point out this part of "the vid in question" as you might have a hard time "dealing w/ things in a lighter vein" also known as laughing a bit at your (our) selves... this is foreign to you I now know.

One or the really, really ,sad (and ironic) things is.... I just can't help but feel your driving away people who might wanna' start sailing... which exactly tho opposite of what you claim to intend. IF you came to these forums as a newby, and read all this whinning crap would you REALLY wan't to tke this sport up?? Be HAPPY dude!... you can attract more bees with honey than vinegar!

You seem to think I am "attacking you". Quite the contrary , my friend.
Me... I don't really give a SH%$&T after all I wnt through last year, I say what I think... I am trying to help you, don't you see?. I'm the only one of your "sailing buds" willing to speak out. Do you honestly think I am really all alone on this??

I keep thinking one those "intervention" things like you see on cable might be in order... Funny thing is, the way it's looking these days, Myself and Sue might be the only ones to show up.

God help you, my friend.... get a sense of humor and respect for others.... before it's to late.

With all sincerity, Marty
PeconicPuffin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
From what its source told me, it's simply a shot of my usual beach approach and dismount, way underpowered. (SNIP/see isobars post above)

Sorry if I get bored sailing by the textbooks.

NOT!

Iso...so you'd have no problem with the video being reposted? Others could check out your technique. Think of how instructive it would be.

Wooot...please please please try to get the video reposted, thank you.

isobars

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PeconicPuffin wrote:
Iso...so you'd have no problem with the video being reposted? Others could check out your technique. Think of how instructive it would be.

Couldn't care less ... and I can imagine the crash sound effects the video maker might have put it to. My only regret may be that it wasn't a good slide ... maybe even lame. That's the breaks; I can't control the wind those last 20 yards, and anyone not willing to flub in public has no business in this sport.

As for instructive ... I described it in sufficient detail yesterday that any decent sailor can do it the first try. It's virtually a 100% move, just a matter of degree depending on a good gust. The REAL question is ... does anybody WANT to do it?
robgray

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't believe I missed this
isobars

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wooot/Marty, your “You can slam me all you wan't with your little "quote" thingies... They are always taken out of context and trimmed to support whatever your point is anyway” was already addressed last year. It's called "snipping", not “slamming”, and its purpose is to condense and organize referenced posts for brevity and clarity so people don’t have to wade through or scroll past the old stuff to get to the new stuff and can associate direct responses with specific comments. People whine no matter which technique a poster uses, so it’s the poster’s call. More importantly, I asked you last time (and the offer stands): “If I distorted even one nuance of your post, please explain and I will correct it. It was not intentional”. Yet rather than respond, you simply repeated the empty accusation.

“Good things people ( like you) say about me as a PERSON“ seldom need a response. Do you want my posts LONGER? Besides, I don’t believe in the sincerity of a post full of attacks just because it ends in “Love Ya”. A $#!+ and honey sandwich smells more like $#!+ than honey.

The only hubbub I saw here was your post. Your calling your vile, koolaid-drinking, unsupportable, actionable lie -- “Isobars has ripped me, among many others, for no apparent reason on these forums” -- “meaningless” says volumes about you and nothing about me. I neither can nor want to get in people’s heads and figure out why they wage their endless baseless personal attacks. I assume it’s just like it is in the current GOP primaries and as somebody said here about me just days ago: something like “the biggest target attracts the most attention”.

Anyone who hates me has such a vastly different value system than mine that I consider any ill will from them a compliment. At my Air Force retirement ceremony, my commander said, “Mike and I were at loggerheads over several issues … thank God”, then went on to explain how my approach and stubbornness had saved some hundred-million-dollar programs and a Cold War hero’s career. That beats being “cool” or attracting bees ALL to hell.

“Everyone” out to get me? No; a specific subset irrefutably and boringly demonstrated by > 1,000 baseless personal attacks. Consider these quotes and paraphrases and make the call yourself:
• “STFU and sail what and how I tell you to”
• “Get sick and die” (to a double cancer survivor!)
• “Liar. Liar. Liar. Liar. Liar. Liar. Liar. Liar. Liar. Liar. Liar” … with zero proof.
• And literally > a thousand more.
Several lurkers have walked up to me, complimented me for putting up with it, and thanked me for my advice. That trumps both the mindless (and usually anonymous) shitslingers and the shit they sling, and strengthens my resolve not to hide or lower my values to those of the shitslingers.

Your “laughing a bit at your (our) selves is foreign to you” is just another unfounded negative personal attacks which contradicts archival and real life evidence. Change my behavior to suit you? Not in this lifetime. If I were worried that anyone might laugh at my dismount, I wouldn’t do it every chance I get regardless of how many people are or are not watching. You say you sail for fun; do you think you honestly have a patent on that? You must be kidding. Try telling that to the Big Guy, as others have done.

“I’m” driving away people who might wanna' start sailing? If “I” came to these forums as a newby, and read all this whinning crap would I REALLY wan't to tke this sport up??”
Hell, no. If I came here and saw 20 guys doing their damnedest to suppress and undermine a person who’s trying to offer useful technique and equipment advice I want to see and consider, I’d ask myself “WTF is wrong with these people … do they think there’s only one way to have fun?” Then I’d do one of two things: plow through the pony crap in search of ponies or leave the forum. That’s why I raise so much hell about it and keep pointing out that if more people had the spine to face up to these personal attack dogs, the dogs with any vestigial conscience would back off and behave like decent human beings, as some have proven capable of when not succumbing to the stupid WAZZUUUPPPPP! mentality.

As for your, “You seem to think I am attacking you. Quite the contrary, my friend”
Seriously? Quoting you:
• "Isobars... has ripped me, among many others, for no apparent reason on these forums”
• “Don't take bits and peices out of context and number and "clip it" to fit your needs”
• “You, my friend may be a lost cause”
• “You just don't "get it", do you?”
• “So very sad”
• “3 pages of drivel” from this “self-appointed expert” (your expert assessment of my recitations of the published works of many world champion athletes, windsurfers, trainers, team physicians, and coaches)
• “Ignore much of … the drivel from SOME of the frequent posters”
• “No wonder this forum is dead”
• Your rabid endorsement of another’s “I thought he was just a huge wind!”
• “Your [sic] nothing but a hollow "know it all”“.

After your comments above and only slightly mitigated comments from you in person, I wouldn’t expect much good would come of your intervention for my benefit. I prefer truth, objectivity, and people willing to both give and take criticism. As an architect, you might follow the words of Frank Lloyd Wright: “People who live in glass houses shouldn’t hold interventions”.

Of course you’re not the only one, sailing bud or otherwise, sharing your opinions; thus the koolaid reference above. However, I don’t CARE about the opinions of people whose focus is on false personal attacks or on telling people how they have to buy, rig, sail, think, or write. Go find a weaker person to subdue. Sorry, but I’m just not that shallow or cowardly, and my life doesn’t revolve around appearances or acceptance, especially by people I don’t respect.

“get a sense of humor and respect for others”?
When have I shown a lack of a sense of humor? In this case I still haven’t even SEEN the video, I thought the first few dozen of Mo’s denigrating cartoons were funny, and I often acknowledge good Iso-zingers here. I used to assume the best in people and felt and showed respect for anyone who had not betrayed it too often. Wardog and a few of his sucklings, some of whom are still here, changed that with their incessant charges of “You lying racist”, “Fickshun”, etc. so now I assume nothing and give people much less rope to prove they’re jerks. Why is it OK for others, but not for me, to express technique and gear and conditioning opinions? Why should I accept theirs while they call mine (and those of world renown athletes, windsurfers, trainers, team physicians, and coaches) drivel … just to attract bees?

You keep saying “my friend”.
If this is friendship, I’m glad you’re not an enemy. And while I realize you’re trying to help me, let me assure you: piling on the baseless ad hominem and telling me how to live my life is part of the problem, not part of the solution.

wooot wrote:
you can slam me all you wan't with your little "quote" thingies... don't really give a crap. They are always taken out of context and trimmed to support whatever your point is anyway.
Funny thing is, you don,t ever do that with the good things people ( like me) say about you as a PERSON.
Dude! LOOK AROUND! All this "huhub" over such a meaningless little thing.
Why do you think that is??
Do you REALLY think people hate you for rour sheer intillect and brilliance??... or could it be something else... LOOK INWARD my friend.
You seem to think that everone is "out to get you". That it's "you against the horde" all shrouded in the guise of "helping others" in the face of the fire of all the mindless throngs of the un-informed bastards who want to destroy you.
As I said eirlier, maybe (obviously) it was a mistake to point out this part of "the vid in question" as you might have a hard time "dealing w/ things in a lighter vein" also known as laughing a bit at your (our) selves... this is foreign to you I now know.
One or the really, really ,sad (and ironic) things is.... I just can't help but feel your driving away people who might wanna' start sailing... which exactly tho opposite of what you claim to intend. IF you came to these forums as a newby, and read all this whinning crap would you REALLY wan't to tke this sport up?? Be HAPPY dude!... you can attract more bees with honey than vinegar!
You seem to think I am "attacking you". Quite the contrary , my friend.
Me... I don't really give a SH%$&T after all I wnt through last year, I say what I think... I am trying to help you, don't you see?. I'm the only one of your "sailing buds" willing to speak out. Do you honestly think I am really all alone on this??
I keep thinking one those "intervention" things like you see on cable might be in order... Funny thing is, the way it's looking these days, Myself and Sue might be the only ones to show up.

God help you, my friend.... get a sense of humor and respect for others.... before it's to late.

With all sincerity, Marty
bkiggins

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like it's time for some folks to fill out the paperwork. Laughing

butt-hurt.jpg
 Description:
Complaint Form
 Filesize:  411.65 KB
 Viewed:  15474 Time(s)

butt-hurt.jpg

U2U2U2

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike

are you taking your medication ? seriously

you need some help, you are over the edge

Thats as kind as I can be

http://www.k4fins.com/fins.html
http://4boards.co.uk/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 3 of 10

Jump to: