myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
The Fickster (Isobars in action) vid!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swchandler

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad it wasn't a problem with my computer. Too bad the video photographer couldn't let things play out, but I can understand how a bent isobars might be considered a loose cannon just waiting to go off. Predictably, it didn't take isobars too long to throw the rag over things, given a fear of being revealed for what he is. Also, isobars has a penchant for censorship, so there's no real surprise there.
PeconicPuffin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given the music that was used, it's completely understandable you took it down. What's funny amongst friends can seem mean when shared with a broader audience.

Marty/Wooot, do you think you could repost the video without the music you used at the end? Isobars talks a lot about technique in this forum, and I think it would be instructive for readers to match up his sailing with his descriptions.

wooot wrote:
The vid maker did not want to cause any conflict, as we sail with Mike.

In retrospect maybe I shouldn't have pointed this part of the vid out.

I know its hard for "M.F." to take things in a "lighter vein".... might not have gone over well.

Marty

NickB

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PeconicPuffin wrote:
NickB wrote:
it's basically a stormtrooper performing an intentional back plant to stop (which in itself doesn't sound stupid to avoid stepping down hard into a rock and twist your ankle).

You saw the video...you thought that was a good way to avoid injury?

I can't judge if it's a "good" way, but it did look intentional and not really dangerous for the feet. And with this kind of protections, I don't know what could actually cause an injury, even Oakland riot cops are not that covered!
westender

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw nothing in poor taste including his theme song. What's the worst that could happen? No more free advice? Mike goes Postal?

If you're going to put yourself out there, better be ready for the ball busting.
wooot

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didnt'make the vid. The Guy who did posted the block on it and I fully respect his wishes. I just caught the Iso part "after the credits" as was stated earlier. Shoulda' thought about the great community that is "Rosey"... as low key as it gets in the Gorge.... been sailin' w/ these guys for about 25 yrs. I suppose.

"Isobars"... "the poster" has ripped me, among many others, for no apparent reason on these forums. Computer keyboard does funny things to peeps (Mike).... he just got the best of me.
Actually ,..... on the beach, he's not like he is here, He's pretty cool.
I personally just need to separate the the Internet "Isobars" from the real "Mike".To be Honest, I don't read the "Iso" posts anymore for this specific reason..... unless it's an accident.

I talk to him every time we are there together. If I was in jamb on the water, he would help me for sure, and vise versa.

Peace to the "Rosey Crew"!... sorry for stirrin' this up.
wooot/ Marty/Windpig
U2U2U2

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi Marty

Sure would like to see you this year.. will try to get to Rosey again

Do be to hard on yourself.

http://www.k4fins.com/fins.html
http://4boards.co.uk/
wooot

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

U2... I am there!!!

Can't wait. achilles prob summer before last.

Weirdest thing ever last year that confounded many docs but has healed (or stopped) on it own...

Good things come to those who wait.

M
rlemmens

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally a topic isobars doesn't have an opinion on. This does make it more boring. What would the forums be like without an antagonist? Although I don't really agree with your(isobars) opinions some of the time (most of the time) you are giving your honest input, which is commendable. It may help a lot of people and gives them opinions to examine for themselves.
isobars

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wooot wrote:
"Isobars"... "the poster" has ripped me, among many others, for no apparent reason on these forums.

Marty, what's wrong with you lately? You know that's a proven lie, yet you've stated it 2 or 3 times now to varying degrees without being able to back it up. Do you really want to look like the gang bangers here whose stock in trade is exactly that?
isobars

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rlemmens wrote:
Finally a topic isobars doesn't have an opinion on. This does make it more boring. What would the forums be like without an antagonist? Although I don't really agree with your(isobars) opinions some of the time (most of the time) you are giving your honest input, which is commendable. It may help a lot of people and gives them opinions to examine for themselves.

That's all I'm trying to do.

I have no opinion on the video because I can't see it. I hear through the grapevine that it's a shot of my usual dismount taken when I was way underpowered. It serves two purposes: it's a blast WFO at absolute maximum overpowered broad reach speed and it avoids -- I hope to hell -- the two or three serious dangers on the bottom right where everyone steps off their boards.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 2 of 10

Jump to: