myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Season Greetings
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mac

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:30 pm    Post subject: Season Greetings Reply with quote

Seasons Greetings with a series of gift wishes. Some tongue in cheek, but ending a bit more seriously

For windoggie: More Finnish poetry, and opportunity to use it.

For Mo: A new source of humor, and opportunity to use it (see below).

For KC: Great students, backed by enthusiastic parents.

For jpbassking: Plenty to laugh about as the Republicans continue to play with reality from a distance.

For Pueno: A wish that politics would turn to serious issues, even at the expense of great humor.

For Stevenbard: The code to unlock the spelling check, thesaurus, and sites other than Faux news as he trolls for John Birch tidbits.

For mrgybe: For the area under his Christmas tree to be free of lead paint from Chinese manufacturers, toxic and oil spills, despite the efforts of the secret Cheney task force on energy to eliminate all regulation of energy and safety (the terrible nanny state) down to the level of toy trains and boats.

For Isobars: I’ve asked Santa Claus to look deeply into his workshop to see if they have the necessary gifts to help his heart grow three times as large. The bad news is that such an effort will leave nothing for matty or yee haw, and they will have to wait for another Christmas to get the gift of empathy. I’ve also asked the Disney folks to search for a magic mirror that would allow Mike to see himself as others do, realize it is his manner of typing, not the message, that gives offense. My hope is that Mike could see that the efforts of most of the struggling poor, and particularly their children, are not intended to diminish him. They’re not sure they have the magic, but they offered to try.

Finally, on a more serious note, I ask all of those on the forum to realize that they are, in the larger world, the 1%. There are more than 1 billion people living in poverty in the world, and a startling number in America who aren’t completely sure where their next meal is coming from. I ask you all to open your hearts to helping those who are less fortunate than you, not merely during the Christmas season, but throughout the year. If you can’t bring yourself to see the government as a source of help to the poor, make that effort on your own or through your church. Give your time to help a child learn to read, or subtract. Realize that the vast majority of the poor aren’t trying to “get over” on the haves, but are struggling to find a path in the world. Do your part to help them find that path. Merry Christmas.
jp5

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some very good points Mac, thanks. A very Merry Christmas to you and yours.
mogunn

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jpbassking wrote:
Some very good points Mac, thanks. A very Merry Christmas to you and yours.

x2
Merry Christmas!

DanWeiss

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like!
windoggi

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woof!
keycocker

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mac for both me and my students
keycocker

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mac for both me and my students
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's not forget the reason for the season. Merry Christmas...
mac

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like all intolerant people, you forgot most of the world's religions. I celebrate Christmas, but not everyone does. I guess you haven't gotten the code yet...
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The three great world religions spring from the same Old Testament. Jesus was a Jew, and revered in Islam, so no I didn't. Islam has simply reinterpreted their own roots. I have always believed that they are Jews but don't know it, as are Christians.

Merry Christmas to all races and religions.

BTW, there is mention of Christ in the Hindu religion. (although not by name, he was mentioned as a great man from Bethlehem at the time by Hindu scholars) "While reciting the Shlokas about a legend “Prajapati” (the lord of the people) which is mentioned in the Vedas. This historic figure was supposed to take the sins of the world and die for it. He was to die for the sins of the world and resurrect."

So it seems there is something for everyone in Christmas....even dirty little men who so easily criticize with impunity, but bear no fault of their own.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: