myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Has America reached an "Oh Sh!t" moment?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 21, 22, 23  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pure capitalism is the best sanitizer of racism. If a guy is a better worker, you should hire him, because someone else will if you don't. You will lose money, if you don't rent or sell to the most qualified person.

It said only 35-40 people showed up to church for the vote. I assume they all didn't vote for the ban, and I also know that this kind of thing is very rare any more.

The good news is that that church will soon be out of business or the pastor fired. Lets watch and see. The free market will put them out of business soon. I'm sure they just lost a lot of members with that move. GOOD!
swchandler

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if you've been to Alabama, but I would tend to doubt it. It's a different world.

You think that you know Christians, and that capitalism actually applies in their realm? Dream on.

Moreover, if anyone shows up for a job, how in the hell can you judge what they can really do, or what they've really done, race aside?
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've spent time in Alabama, and played softball on a multi racial team there when I was younger. Even in the 80's there was harmony. I used to travel there for work when I was younger.

The pastor was fired today BTW and the church members admonished. There are 2.3 billion Christians in the world. It is not surprising that a few million are knuckleheads.

Anything to hate Christians and drum up racial stereotypes huh? Well, the libs did a good job on Cain. You somehow think people of color are incapable of turning around and finding a better church, a better realtor, a better school? That is racist. You forget that Nixon desegregated more schools than any president before or after.....and this while the dems were still wearing white hoods.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
I've spent time in Alabama, and played softball on a multi racial team there when I was younger. Even in the 80's there was harmony. I used to travel there for work when I was younger.

The pastor was fired today BTW and the church members admonished. There are 2.3 billion Christians in the world. It is not surprising that a few million are knuckleheads.

Anything to hate Christians and drum up racial stereotypes huh? Well, the libs did a good job on Cain. You somehow think people of color are incapable of turning around and finding a better church, a better realtor, a better school? That is racist. You forget that Nixon desegregated more schools than any president before or after.....and this while the dems were still wearing white hoods.

You think the "libs did a good job on Cain" HA. As Michael Steele put it, the power brokers of the Republican party manufactured the hit job, and Cain blinked. You can blame everything in the world on liberals if you choose, I doubt it will solve anything.
mac

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bard, mrgybe--you have to be able to figure out a way to blame this on Obama, rather than saying it didn't happen or only exists in our minds!
capetonian

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always figured Carter for the worst president in recent history, but if he was anti regulation he goes up a notch in my books:
http://www.slate.com/articles/business/moneybox/2011/12/blame_jimmy_carter_for_all_the_airline_bankruptcies_or_better_yet_thank_him_.html

In 1977, Carter appointed Cornell University economist Alfred Kahn to run CAB, one front in an underrated multipronged Carter-era assault on cartelization that included the legalization of home-brew beer as well as more consequential deregulation of the interstate trucking and natural gas industries. Kahn was an aviation outsider, an expert in overregulation rather than the details of air travel. His mandate was to get the federal government out of the business of setting airfares. A year earlier, Sen. Ted Kennedy, with future Supreme Court Justice Stephen Breyer as his lead adviser, had begun to lay the groundwork for the change with a series of legislative hearings on the high cost of air travel. One point of note was that federal regulation applied only to interstate travel. Flights inside a single state—common in Texas and California—were unregulated and much cheaper. A flight from Los Angeles to San Francisco, for example, cost about half a flight from Boston to Texas. With the CAB headed by a man who wanted to shut the agency down, Kennedy delivered legislation to do just that. Carter signed the Airline Deregulation Act into law in 1978 and the federal regulatory apparatus wound down over the next six years.

Looking back on the legacy of deregulation in January of this year, Breyer observed that “airline revenue per passenger mile has declined from an inflation-adjusted 33.3 cents in 1974, to 13 cents in the first half of 2010.” This steep reduction in fares has been a triumph for passengers, especially tourists and families. A cross-country flight to join in a family holiday celebration is now easily within the middle class’s grasp. The story of airline deregulation is, in many ways, a cheering antidote to ideological bickering and cynicism about the political process.
keycocker

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Well, the libs did a good job on Cain."
Mr. Cain disagees and is not shy to say so. He says he was screwed by the GOP power brokers.
Blaming libs on autopilot doesn't help much...
mac

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cap--you are right about trucking and airlines--deregulation (of fares, not of safety) was a big plus for consumers. But the problem with doctrinaire libertarianism is it celebrates the wins but pretends the losses didn't occur. such as the milking of California by Enron--before Enron imploded, and the milking of everyone in the sub-prime fiasco before everybody imploded. You need to learn both lessons.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

keycocker wrote:
"Well, the libs did a good job on Cain."
Mr. Cain disagees and is not shy to say so. He says he was screwed by the GOP power brokers.
Blaming libs on autopilot doesn't help much...

KC, I basically said the exact same thing two posts above....Im suing you for plagiarism!!!!!
keycocker

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am agreeing with you.The aptness of your posts is legendary.I guess I better start reading them...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 22 of 23

Jump to: