myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Real Wind Sailboards

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kmf

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:49 pm    Post subject: Real Wind Sailboards Reply with quote

I see that the Real Wind Sailboard Store in Hood River has been vacated. Does anyone know what is happening to the Real Wind brand?

KMF
eflatminor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read a while back that just the retail shop was closing:

http://hoodriverbizbuzz.com/?p=2386
jimoakes

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just talked to Ford. The http://hoodriverbizbuzz.com/?p=2386 article is correct. He will have the shop in the walk-out basement of the building they've always been in. The door faces the parking area on the east face of the building.

Ford's a great guy and he's easy to deal with. His number is in the bizbuzz story if you want to give Realwind for Christmas.

Mike will still have demo gear at the Hatchery as usual. Demo's may expand to Rowena and other spots.
laci

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard that they have not manufactured any new boards for a while; they are selling existing inventory. I'm not sure what that signifies for the future of the brand, but it doesn't sound encouraging.
rhuntington

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to clear the air for every one who is concerned about Real Wind.Yes we have moved downstairs and yes we are still manufacturing boards, sails, and fins. Our business model has always been focused on creating a new shape and new graphics and sticking w/ that design for up to 5years. We do not feel like we need to " keep up w/ the jones's". Real Wind boards speak for themselves and everyone who rides them will agree. Our current "Fish" design and new graphics were developed in 2010 and we will continue to order these for the next few seasons. this also holds true for our sails, we order a certain amount of material and we don't change it until it runs out. So w/ that said one should not speak their mind unless they know the facts.
I look forward to the 2012 season and truly value all of our loyal customers and future ones as well. If there are any questions please call me@ (541)806-0028. Ford Huntington (owner)
laci

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for clearing up the questions. You are right, the gear speaks for itself. Best of luck.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: