myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Islam and Al Queda
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
boggsman1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Osama -dead
Gaddafi-dead
Mubarak-OUT
Iraq-done in 60 days.
If Bush were Prez, they would be carving his portrait on Mount Rushmore. But he's not, Obama is , and FauxNews is making light of these accomplishments. Carry on....
mac

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bard--you have yet to get the facts straight. You belong on the wrong wing.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
They are better people than the rable rousers.

Can we deport the rioting punks at ows?

sure, can we deport the 300 pound tea partiers who tax our healthcare system?"more Zoloft please!, coming right up......"
swchandler

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"IMO, they are infinitely more respectable human beings than the rabble-rousing, jobless-by-choice, anarchist, Marxist elements of the "Occupados" we see in the news. Hell, they're much better neighbors than many of the spoiled, inconsiderate middle class park users "with which up we put"."

I think that this guy has got issues. Why whine so negatively about folks you know really nothing about? Are the issues in the Occupy Wall Street protest unreal or untoward? No, not really. I think most informed folks understand the income disparity that has been growing for some time now, and understand the unfairness so apparent today.

One can ask the same question about the Tea Partiers. Predictably, isobars doesn't have such a burr up his butt about the Tea Partiers protesting. Of course, he doesn't have any problem with CEOs making millions in compensation, but he can't stand the fact that folks in the construction business might be able to warrant six figure incomes for their abilities and efforts.

What's so wrong with this guy and his outlook?
pueno

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:

What's so wrong with this guy and his outlook?

Look on the bright side.

He's a great source of amusement and entertainment. And Mo has endless fodder for her cartoon series. She does with Mr. Fick just what Tina Fey said about Sarah Palin: "Material that writes itself."
capetonian

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.cnn.com/2011/11/05/world/africa/nigeria-attacks/index.html?eref=mrss_igoogle_cnn

"Loosely translated, the group's name means "Western education is sinful." It wants to establish a state based on Sharia, or Islamic law, in northern Nigeria."

I want to be open minded and accepting of all. I am aware that a lack of education often causes behavior that seems inexplicable to me. I am also aware that past atrocities have been committed by madmen claiming to represent Jesus. And I am aware that most Muslims are peace loving and don't support extremists. But Sharia law is just too barbaric and I struggle to imagine any intelligent and well educated person wanting Sharia law.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paraphrasing...was it LeBon who said, it isn't the mob (murderers) that are the problem, but general apathy by the masses?

Today in Iran, a Christian man was condemned to death because he converted from Islam to Christianity. Where are the demonstrations by muslims? Any muslims, anywhere, even America?

There were thousands of Christians who demonstrated against the execution of Troy Davis last month....and he might have actually been guilty. (I for one sent the gov of Georgia an email asking for commutation)
GURGLETROUSERS

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed Steven, but I don't think the intelligent Westerm masses are apathetic, so much as unwilling to accept the true nature of the Islamic faith. They think it can be reasoned with.

Sharia Law, as imposed in Islamic states, takes no prisoners. It allows no escape from its clutches for moderate Muslims forced to follow its edicts. It's not like Chritianity , which we are at liberty to take or leave.

Capetonian states that Sharia Law is barbaric, and he struggles to imagine any intelligent and well educated person wanting it. But isn't that precisely why it is enforced in Islamic countries? The penalty for dissent, or attempted dessertion of the faith is death.

My Muslim friend is fortunate to live in our free country, as is his daughter who wishes to marry a non believer. However, I suspect his troubles are not over. His wife (a strict Muslim) and her relatives in London are set against this marriage. I sometimes get that sudden uneasy feeling when talking to her in their home. Sad, but true!
isobars

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
Osama -dead
Gaddafi-dead
Mubarak-OUT
If Bush were Prez, they would be carving his portrait on Mount Rushmore. But he's not, Obama is , and FauxNews is making light of these accomplishments. Carry on....

Goddam liar. Every single Fox News host, from Hannity to O-Reilly to all the blonde attorneys on the network, have praised Obama highly and often and without reservation for those results. You GD lefties just make this shit up and throw it out there without even a pretense of support.

DAMMIT but I gotta get my Mac out of the repair shop. I don't have my killfile filter on this PC. But don't get your hopes up, guys ... my eyeball filter still works 99% of the time.

as for the TRULY stupid part boggsman1 wrote:

Iraq-done in 60 days ...

How in the hell is it an ACCOMPLISHMENT to announce to the enemy that you're tucking your tail and retreating on a given date? Every one of the dozens of military strategists I've seen and heard interviewed in the print and broadcast media considers this a giant blunder. To top it off, the administration is lying to us about it, saying it was necessary because Iraq had denied our soldiers immunity from local law. That's pure BS. It's a standard ploy Iraq has always thrown out there when troop levels are changed, and they've always withdrawn the threat when asked, even when it was Bush and the troop changes ran in the scores of thousands.
Obama never asked Iraq to withdraw the threat, because he doesn't give a crap about listening to his generals; he just wants to look good after realizing Bush was right about GITMO, drones, interrogations, special forces operations, the Patriot Act, and beaucoup other "war stuff". You DO realize, don't you, that almost all of our military casualties in the past year or two have been at the direct hand of Iran money, insurgents, and weapons.

C'Mon, computer shop, fix my damned Mac. I'm already sick of uninformed, often outright lying, children.
swchandler

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You got to love it, isobars is unexpectedly stripped of his fantasy world. He's got to be jones'n big time.

Seemingly, the real world is a bit too much for his liking.

What a lightweight.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: