myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Why we need politicians that can think
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
boggsman1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
If mac is so upset about the housing/banking collapse, he has only his own party to blame. George Bush repeatedly and with increasing alarm urged the Congress to generate tougher regulations on lending -- it's all in the public record -- but the Democrat-controlled Congress adamantly refused. He can thank his sick friend Nancy Pelosi for her major part in that fiasco.

this commentary couldnt be more wrong. bush-tougher regulation on lending-are you kidding me-and blame the minority party-yeah thats it!
pueno

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
isobars wrote:
If mac is so upset about the housing/banking collapse, he has only his own party to blame. George Bush repeatedly and with increasing alarm urged the Congress to generate tougher regulations on lending -- it's all in the public record -- but the Democrat-controlled Congress adamantly refused. He can thank his sick friend Nancy Pelosi for her major part in that fiasco.

this commentary couldnt be more wrong. bush-tougher regulation on lending-are you kidding me-and blame the minority party-yeah thats it!

Relax. Mr. Fick-shun lives in his own little make-believe fantasy world.

He probably supplements his government disability payments by writing fick-shun for the far right wing-nut frootloops. Hell, he might be on retainer from Faux News.
mac

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the link for Bard's original claim: http://www.wpsdlocal6.com/news/local/City-searches-for-sewer-solutions-127802158.html?m=y

Spin put out by Rand Paul and swallowed whole--without treatment--by scofflaw Bard. Better be careful about what rivers of filth you drink from.

Now to some facts about the Clean Water Act. The Clean Water Act was passed in 1972, and provided Federal funding for treating upgrades to sewage treatment systems. I know, I worked on it. Gave money to deserving communities--to create jobs--to clean up the environment. The communities in turn agreed to maintain their sewage treatment systems and establish sinking funds for replacing equipment as it aged. This community clearly didn't do so, and probably responded only to enforcement action by the State of Kentucky or EPA. Caught in their own malfeasance, they looked to gullible haters to blame someone else. They found one in Bard. Talk about a sense of entitlement! Bard and his family think they should only obey laws they agree with.

Like I say, what a chump, but all the signs of having been caught trying to get away with ignoring environmental laws.

Bard--none of your stories has ever checked out. Do you wonder why you have credibility problems?
mac

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For a little more debunking of bard's crazy claim, and more on how the Republican party, once the party of the environment, has become the party of polluters, see : http://www.kentucky.com/2011/06/26/1789069/activists-call-for-stronger-enforcement.html
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad fact Mac, even at the end of ww2, 20% of Germans still agreed with Hitler. Obama's numbers have dropped to 38-40%. This govt instead of cleaning the environment, is focused on paperwork.

The Republicans are still pro environment. But without a strong vibrant economy, more cities and companies will be pouring shit down our waterways.
pueno

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:

The Republicans are still pro environment.

Do you have a monopoly on some experimental new hallucinogen that you're using?

Republicans are pro environment only to the extent that they can rape, pillage, and plunder it to benefit their bank accounts.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pueno wrote:
stevenbard wrote:

Republicans are pro environment only to the extent that they can rape, pillage, and plunder it to benefit their bank accounts.

Clearly you've been using it for years.
swchandler

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Yes, my brothere was arrested because one of his employees inadvertantly drove accross a dry creek bed on his own property. It cost him hundreds of thousands of dollars to defend himself. He won, but this is the terrorism of our govt.

A black business partner of mine was sued by HUD for discrimination against blacks. When he showed up to court and explained to them that he was black, they continued the suit. Thousands of dollars later, he also won. This is also the terrorism of our govt."

Bard, why do I have a problem believing these anecdotal tidbits, particularly the one about your brother being arrested because one of his employees drove across a dry creek bed? The idea that he was arrested and spent hundreds of thousands of dollars in litigation costs on something like this is truly far fetched, to say the least. Certainly, if in fact your brother really did spend so much money, there has to be far more to the situation.

And, that gets me back to your past commentaries about rolling back regulations. So much of what you've offered lacks any kind of credible detail to be taken seriously by thoughtful folks. You simply present questionable Republican talking points that we should just believe based on nothing specific or concrete. You know, that doesn't work for me. The real story about anything is always in the facts and details. You might have some traction here if you embrace that, and ultimately present a good solid case for what you want to convince us about.
pueno

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
pueno wrote:
stevenbard wrote:

Clearly you've been using it for years.

Typical republican -- sidestepped the issue.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a member of Tea Party Maui, and they are the most pro environmental group around. They are paddlers, surfers and fishermen who worship the ocean. The last rally I was at all the kids were paddling and swimming. You would have thought it was a "love in", except for one thing. Most are small business owners tired of being pushed around by the govt.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: