myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Insanity
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swchandler

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's interesting how isobars presents himself as a soldier that faced fierce combat with the enemy in their service to our country.

Was his disability the result of injury sustained during war and combat duty? I think that we all know the truth about him.
capetonian

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
capetonian wrote:
If, as some on this forum purport, you do recieve disability, then you are a professional slacker who is gaming the system.

You just shit in the face of every soldier throughout history. You are not worthy of their sacrifices.

Isobars, if you can windsurf as hard as you say you do you are not disabled. Period. No arguing. You are a slacker who is taking money out of my pocket.
capetonian

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
capetonian wrote:
If, as some on this forum purport, you do recieve disability, then you are a professional slacker who is gaming the system.

You just shit in the face of every soldier throughout history. You are not worthy of their sacrifices.

Same on you for comparing whatever is wrong with you (carpal tunnel syndrome from sitting in front of a computer?) with the real injuries suffered by real soldiers. Did you lose a leg to a limpet mine? Did you get your arm blown off in combat?
feuser

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me jump to Isobar's defense here. No, really.

He has made a deal with US taxpayers many years ago. He kept his word, did his work protecting everyone from the Russkies (by proving the US Airforce can tear through tax money faster than the USSR and not hit any targets, either, but that's beside the point).

Now, he's retired, gets a pension and whatever modest disability etc. He doesn't need either, because he apparently was frugal and fairly modest and didn't raise kids.

Okay, sweetheart deals like his are what's driving the country towards ruin now - not welfare, not the NEA not NPR. It serves little purpose to echo his constant crowing "slackers" about others who live on the tax payer's dime.

Who's first to send back his or her social security check with a thank you note "nice of you to remember, but I've done well and don't need this"?

http://www.windsurfing.kasail.com/
mac

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coboardhead said:
Quote:
The ADA (Amer. with Disabilities Act) is an example of a poorly written law that encourages, rather than discourages, lawsuits. This law could have been written in a manner more like a building code; with well defined provisions. Instead we have courts deciding if the law has been violated, based on grievances.

I don't know if that is quite true. I've just run into a hiccup in an access project here in Berkeley where we want to put in stairs, and have a small grant, over a slope now used by windsurfers. The City's access guy wants it to be a fully accessible ramp, not a stair, with a railing. So I went through the regulations pretty carefully for content and reasoning. Part of the problem with the ADA is that it took a long time for regulations to be promulgated, and there was litigation in the interim since there weren't clear standards. My approach on these, and other issues, is to get to know the advocates and work with them.

Handicapped advocates see it as a civil rights issue; they pay taxes yet don't have access to municipal auditoriums for concerts, boat ramps to go fishing, public parks, and so forth. There are criteria for feasibility in the act and regulations, and not everything has to be accessible. I work with the advocates to talk about priorities, and with the City to try to get access improved where it most matters. By the way, the regulations were intended to provide access to piers; some paras kayak, others want to go fishing. I can get the local advocates to back the city off. It is the approach of trying to understand what the underlying conflict is, and see if there are ways to address it, rather than try to dismantle it with full funding by the Kochs. How not teabagger of me.
isobars

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

capetonian wrote:
Same on you for comparing whatever is wrong with you (carpal tunnel syndrome from sitting in front of a computer?) with the real injuries suffered by real soldiers. Did you lose a leg to a limpet mine? Did you get your arm blown off in combat? ... You are a slacker who is taking money out of my pocket

You saw my long post on this topic at http://tinyurl.com/3eeyfhr , so now you're trying to deceive readers. That disrespects everyone here. And because from that same thread you know that I, not you, pay my disability pension out of my own pocket, your "You ...are taking money out of my pocket" is a lie. Additionally, some of my VA disability benefits are for life-threatening medical problems and one is now highly likely to be terminal, so go fuck yourself.

"Conservative", my ass. Your words here portray a far left freak unworthy of your freedom to be an ungrateful ass.
capetonian

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what is this freakin disability? I don't have the time to wade through your 8,200 and counting posts to figure it out.
capetonian

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
"Conservative", my ass. Your words here portray a far left freak unworthy of your freedom to be an ungrateful ass.

Ah, so there is a new definition for conservative? Fine, go be a party of one. Don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out.
coboardhead

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote

Quote:
....Part of the problem with the ADA is that it took a long time for regulations to be promulgated, and there was litigation in the interim since there weren't clear standards.

That was what I was referring to. For many reasons, we were desperate to get this law on the books. The legislation did not include good details and standards, especially for construction. This opened the door for lawsuits. We are now remodeling buildings that were constructed since adoption of the ADA that did not meet poorly defined parameters and now represent potential lawsuits for owners.

The law was a good idea. It just wasn't developed properly prior to implementation. For years, many of us had no idea what the law required; only that we could be on the hook if it was not done properly.
capetonian

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I went and read your link. I don't remember reading your post before and fail to see an intent on my part to deceive readers, but nevertheless apologize for implying that you misappropriated government money. I presume you were referring to this post:
isobars wrote:
Here's the part that really sucks: unless his disabilities are rated at 50% or more (by extremely strict medical criteria), he pays his own VA disability pension out of his own pocket, not the taxpayers'. I.e., virtually every cent the VA sends him is deducted from his Army pension. His only break is that the VA portion is not taxed. That's just beginning to change for combat injuries, but not for any other circumstances or for any disabilities rated significantly below 50%.

Since I have never sucked on the government tit I had no idea how it works.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 8 of 11

Jump to: