myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
I think the time has come
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
windoggi

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:14 pm    Post subject: I think the time has come Reply with quote

It worked once....
mogunn

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could work again.
Bet a lot of folks would sign up ...

mat-ty

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought for a second, you were coming out of the closet.
windoggi

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
I thought for a second, you were coming out of the closet.

Like you, I'm staying in. It's much easier in this bigoted world.

mat-ty

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You like most libs, seem to be consumed with racism and bigotry. Gays have not only been excepted in our society, they have been celebrated, just put on your TV for proof of that. You can not make people like each other, its human nature, it has been going on since the beginning of mankind. Look no further than your own ignorance and dislike of conservatives to prove my point!
pueno

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
You like most libs, seem to be consumed with racism and bigotry. Gays have not only been excepted in our society, they have been celebrated, just put on your TV for proof of that. You can not make people like each other, its human nature, it has been going on since the beginning of mankind. Look no further than your own ignorance and dislike of conservatives to prove my point!

I think you mean "ACCEPTED," not "excepted."

In this context, "excepted" would mean excluded -- which doesn't seem to be the point of your message.

Please note that it took great will power to ignore your "ignorance" comment.

Anyway, speaking of conservatives and people disliking each other...... what's the deal with gays and Michele & Marcus Bachmann these days? The have certainly "excepted" gays! And they take government money to do it!
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a substatially growing field of candidates. The 2 Amway girls Palin and bachman will be history soon. I wouldn't mind Margarete Thatcher as prez though. Rick Perry will be our nominee.

PREDICTION: HILLARY WILL SOON ANNOUNCE HER CANDIDACY FOR PREZ, AND WILL WIN THE NOMINATION. (Because she read the Prince by Machiaveli, and Bill wants back in the white house)

It will be Hillary vs. Perry in a close race!
windoggi

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK girls...now, back to my point.
isobars

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or Hillary vs Ryan.
mogunn

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

windoggie wrote:
OK girls...now, back to my point.

Saw an interview with Fareed Zakaria on a similar jobs program.
The gist of it ...
Quote:
If we’re going to solve this problem, it will take a determination to make jobs Job One. Everything we do as a country should be geared toward the central task of boosting employment. Some of this will involve government spending. An infrastructure bank that uses current low interest rates, includes the private sector and chooses projects based on merit rather than patronage is one of the best ideas to come out of Washington in years. Obama should take his proposals to the country and press for a project to rebuild America.

But there are many cost-free policies that could boost jobs. Tourism is one of the largest growth industries in America, and yet because of exaggerated fears of terrorism, bureaucracy and politics, we have lost market share in global tourism over the past decade. We should make it much easier for tourists to get visas and work hard to make them feel welcome. They are, in the words of Starwood Hotels CEO Frits van Paasschen, a walking stimulus program.
The key is to subordinate politics to a national goal of job creation. Right now, a smart program to rationalize the patent process, which could unleash thousands of start-ups, is languishing in Congress not because of some principled opposition but because of turf battles between congressional committees. We can’t keep doing this.

Since 9/11 we've shut our borders due to the politics of fear. It's time to get real and attack the true enemy ... joblessness.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: