myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
common sense prevails
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GURGLETROUSERS

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not as simple as all that Mr G as I'm sure you well know.

Yes, as todays paper says, 'Years of liberal dogma have spawned a generation of amoral, uneducated, unparented, welfare dependent, brutalised youngsters.' but it won't have escaped anybodies notice that the riots were instigated by the ethnic West Indian community with their gangland drug turf war stabbing and shooting culture, and taken up in other cities by our own copy cat morons for a good laugh, and to fill their empty meaningless hopeless lives.

Multiculturalism has been thrust down our throats by our progressive liberal ruling metropolitan elite, and we have been forced to be non judgmental of alien lifestyles, and told to worship at the shrine of diversity, and moral relitivism. Any hint of criticism would see us pilloried as racist bigoted little Englanders!

Well I can assure you that we 'little Englanders' (the vast majority of our country who live outside of the cities) ARE England! we worship Magna Carta and our thousand year history of heroes such as Drake, Nelson, Churchill, and hundreds of others, and we are seething with rage, at having our country taken from us!

But are not others culpable. To mention but two groups, shouldn't most of our politicians be behind bars for thievery from the tax payers with their falsified expenses? Shouldn't the sheer greed of the banking community who almost brought the country to its knees, and are STILL awarding themselves eye watering millions in bonus payments, also be held to account?

Are both of those groups not responsible for fanning the flames of resentment among the havenots? They steal (but they call it legal) so why shouldn't the rest?
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It might be interesting if the president gave a speech and said:

To anyone who is here illegally, we need you to register immediately. If you are a deadbeat who didn't pay your rent, if you commited fraud or any crime, you will spend time in jail and then be returned with your entire family to your homeland. You will be considered a felon if you don't register.

The rest of you who can prove that you've been working, have an advanced education, own a house, a car, or have some assets, you are welcome to apply to stay for an extended period while we make sure you are the kind of people we want here. Eventually we might let you stay if you register now. If you refuse to register, you have no hope in staying.

Everyone who is here for over 1 year must register, or be considered a felon. If you've been here less that 5 years, you are a felon if you don't leave. Over 5 years register.

Bring our military home to protect the borders.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with all the rightys. I think we should kick'm all out tomorrow, eliminate Social Security, and Medicare, and stop making big earners like myself pay for all the losers out there! Phew , that felt good....am I a Repub now?
jp5

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
I agree with all the rightys. I think we should kick'm all out tomorrow, eliminate Social Security, and Medicare, and stop making big earners like myself pay for all the losers out there! Phew , that felt good....am I a Repub now?

Congrats boggsman, you're in!
coboardhead

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boggsman

Not quite. Will you deny global warming and evolution?
swchandler

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, and let's not forget, ending all government regulation. Also, you've got to sign a lifetime pledge too! No excuses.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gurgle, I agree with you that spineless, corrupt politicians must share the blame. It is they to whom I am referring, in part, when I point the finger at "progressives". It is they who have passed legislation that render teachers, policemen and other authority figures powerless.......and it is they who have enabled generations to live comfortably without working a day. Their far sighted policies actually provide a financial incentive for single parent families with the consequent dysfunctional offspring. This is all under the guise of compassion, when, in fact, it simply condemns the recipients to a cycle of poverty and worthlessness. As for cheating on their expenses.........they should be jailed, and I gather some are.........the more the better.

The resentment against bankers paying themselves outrageous bonuses is also felt here.........with justification. It was taxpayer money and continuing central bank action which has enabled many of them to return to profitability, a profitability into which they now have their snouts deeply buried. However, that resentment goes deeper........it is a resentment against the "rich". How many times do our politicians, particularly on the left, refer to the "rich".........and accuse them of not paying their fair share. It leaves many feeling that they are being cheated by the "rich"..........some will attempt to redress the perceived inequity by taking from the rich, or destroying what they have. After all, they are entitled to some of the pie, even if they have done nothing to earn it. One difference in this country, however, is that the "rich" and the "poor" are more widely separated by geography. The two communities are in frequently in much closer proximity in Europe so the likelihood of conflict increases.

The greatness of this country used to be in the eyes of so many people, who, when seeing someone with a large house or expensive car, would say, "I'm going to work hard until one day I can afford those things". It was that drive to succeed that propelled this country forward. That attitude is disappearing.........now many people believe that they are entitled to those things just because they breathe and without any effort, risk or personal responsibility. If they haven't succeeded, it must be the fault of someone else. Many of our politicians do nothing to disabuse them of that feeling of entitlement.
mac

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In keeping with the high minded discussion here where those who don't take responsibility for the clarity of their communication blame everything that goes wrong on those who don't take responsibility, I will add one thing. I too support the right to arm bears.
GURGLETROUSERS

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your reply Mr G. Sorry I'm angry but those of us who are patriotic (as you are to your country) really do fear for the future of our England.

As an experienced teacher who often had to try and influence 'no hopers' from anti social and amoral backgrounds (I ran a Youth Club and spent time with them) I know how soul destroying their start in life can be. The reality for them is that it takes far more effort and strength of character to succeed and beat the odds of their upbringing, than it does for ordinary people from stable and loving family backgrounds. Some 'make it', but too many simply fail.

What concers us both is the future of society. The young ARE the future, even those amoral morons who have absolutely no moral comp[ass to guide them. For that reason responsible adults must lead by example, and that's why I'm fearful. There's precious little example in our greedy selfish everyone for himself and bugger the rest society nowadays.

In a way, it's timely that we've had this rioting shot across our bows because our leaders and shapers have now to take it seriously, and address the way we seem hell bent on heading. I'm sure we can both agree on that.
mat-ty

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchadler,, if we just enforced the laws we have , that would be a good start. I have always believed if we made it a serious crime to hire illegal's, we would not even need a fence . If you cut off their motivation to come they will stay home. I have owned several businesses , and have never hired illegal's. letting them take jobs , that lazy Americans should be doing, creating sanctuary cities, and jumping on our entitlement programs, is insanity and down right moronic.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9

Jump to: