myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Washington State Park pass beginning July 1?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
its4.0somewhere

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just bought mine online. 35 quid. I really don't have a problem with paying. I really appreciate the privilege and it's the least this "tourist" can do to keep these great sites open.
swchandler

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charging for access to Washington state parks is a return to an earlier policy. I can't remember the exact year, but it was pre-2004. As I recollect, they ran the pay-for-use policy for only a year or two, and then abandoned it in favor of free access. I can't remember the cost for a season pass, but the daily use rate was $5. The affected sites were the Hatchery, Dougs and Maryhill.
wmike

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:
I can't remember the cost for a season pass, but the daily use rate was $5. The affected sites were the Hatchery, Dougs and Maryhill.

Back then the season pass was $50. As in the past this pass is good for all the State Parks in Washington, but of course we are mainly interest in the gorge ones. The Seattle sailors will be able to use them in the State Parks around Puget sound also.
iacmoderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theunbob wrote:
Anyone know who's selling the Discover Pass in Bingen or WS? Or, anywhere else in the Gorge? Bridge Mart maybe?

TIA, Rob

According to the website http://www.discoverpass.wa.gov/ you can get it at Miller's Sports in White Salmon. One stop shopping now for guns, liquor, and windsurfing passes - very cool.
30knotwind

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When are the passes required? (sorry if I missed it if you posted it above).
Thx
laci

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The State of Washington was asking residents to voluntarily contribute an extra $5 every time they registered one of their cars, specifically earmarked for state park maintenance. I always added it to mine, but I knew it couldn't be enough. In these economic times, I am surprised they ever stopped charging for access. Thirty a year is more than reasonable.

By the way where is it only $30, without any other fees?
bajaguy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

30knotwind wrote:
When are the passes required? (sorry if I missed it if you posted it above).
Thx

Beginning July 1.
SHREDX

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Everybody!
I've got news... This is not a "fee" it is a [b]tax[/b] to pay for the lavish salaries, pensions, and benefits for our hard working state park employees who retire at 55 at almost full last year's overtime-inflated-salaries. We are a bunch of suckers who think that Olympia sends all that money comes back to us and the Gorge to maintain and improve access. The politicians don't have the guts to call it what it is - a [b]Tax[/b]. Just think, if you use the bathroom at Doug's 30 times it would be equal to 30 small fries at MickeyD's. Wake up and throw the bums out. Very Happy[/b]
p914

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like a VUP will be honored through April 2012 if you have a fishing or hunting license. You get the Vehicle Use Permit when you buy your license. So if you have a fishing license or hunting license you were issued a VUP that should be good to go! Idea

From the WDFW site
Note: Until the Discover Pass/Vehicle Access Pass takes effect, Vehicle Use Permits (VUPs) are required on WDFW lands. Current VUPs will be honored for the balance of the license year (through March 31, 2012).
http://wdfw.wa.gov/licensing/discoverpass/
gorgetec

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:16 pm    Post subject: More Taxes Reply with quote

While I agree that $30 is not a lot of money considering what we pay for our equipment and travel costs.... I'm sure most of you have noticed all of the new fees(read taxes) that we are being asked to pay(library tax, extra school tax, ethanol tax, national forest pass, etc.). All of this was paid for in the past from our taxes(income, property, gas, vehicle registration taxes) which the last time I looked continue to increase every year.

I sure wish I could have a automatic income increase every year! I wish I could impose a new tax every time I want to buy some new equipment.

One thing is certain... when the economy recovers(which it will), none of these taxes will be reduced or recinded.... I wonder what government workers will do with the windfall revenues they will have then? Save for a "rainy day". I doubt it.

Just some thoughts......
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: