myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Anyone been to Naxos in Greece?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Europe, Caribbean & S. America, Australia & NZ, Africa, Asia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
roverdude

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:42 pm    Post subject: Anyone been to Naxos in Greece? Reply with quote

Heading there for a few days in early July. Vacation isn't for windsurfing, but if I can get a few days of sailing in I'll be happy.

Has anyone been there? Any tips/issues I should know about? Any recommendations for who I should rent gear from?

Thanks in advance for your help! Very Happy
madmax7

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:48 am    Post subject: Naxos Reply with quote

I was there 2 summers ago, there's rental shops with decent equipment. It's a great island, walk the beach about a mile downwind from town (i think it was downwind) following the bars and you will come to the rental shop.

enjoy, Max
roverdude

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Figure I'd post a report in case anyone searches for Naxos windsurfing in the future.

I rented with http://www.flisvos-sportclub.com/index.php. They're the first windsurfing shop on the southern walk along the beach from the town. Majority of the staff was german and spoke good english. I bought a 5 hour rental card, which suited me well for the two days I sailed. Cost 80 euro.

The boards are RRD and sails are Naish, both looked relatively new and in good shape. They have different levels of rentals, pro and fun, the fun line suited me just fine. Only minor issue was that people can reserve boards, so on one or two occasions I couldn't sail the exact volume I wanted, but I always found a board I was comfortable with.

The lagoon is pretty shallow, wind was onshore (though cross from where the shop is), and conditions were nice. I didn't venture off-shore past the reef, but lots of folks did and they looked like they were having fun.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Europe, Caribbean & S. America, Australia & NZ, Africa, Asia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: