myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Trump
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coboardhead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the record

Yes, I don't watch TV news - way too slow!
I do not rely on ANY one individual's opinion on anything. I do discuss energy policy and laws with associates and energy executives.

I read a number of trade journals, medical economic journals, CNN web site, FOX website, and constant radio news of all variety. Real Clear Politics is a daily read.

It is true - I have a low tolerance to TR and don't stay long. If I exercise hard or drink heavily after I get exposed to short unintentional bouts of the likes of Rush or Beck, I can usually negate the effects of the brainwashing!
windoggi

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:

Now with three wars

I agree mat-ty! When Obama rushed to war after 9/11 with Afghanistan, a country that really wasn't a country, against terrorists from Saudi Arabia, that was too much! Then when Obama invaded Iraq based on lies! Then attacking Libya unilaterally, when he should have used a multinational force like, say, NATO...setting off protests against the United States' Libyan invasion across the Arab world!
Don't even get me started on golfing!!!!

coboardhead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Trump has a problem with facts:

http://www.factcheck.org/2011/04/donald-youre-fired/
isobars

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coboardhead wrote:
1. I don't watch TV news - way too slow!

2. I do not rely on ANY one individual's opinion on anything.

3. I do discuss energy policy and laws with associates and energy executives.

4. If I exercise hard or drink heavily after I get exposed to short unintentional bouts of the likes of Rush or Beck, I can usually negate the effects of the brainwashing!

1. The most useful function of TV news, for me, is its introduction of items I may not hear of otherwise. I'm aware that humans cannot multitask -- i.e. focus on two topics at once -- but its presence in my background often alerts me to subjects I can research further.

2. Nor do I ... not even close.

3. What's their opinion of the Soviet paper on the non-fossil and fully self-renewing origin of oil?

4. I just avoid both. It's simpler, and I just don't have the time to wallow in the detail of Beck's monologues. I don't know whether he's a savant or simply paranoid (and sure as hell will not base that decision on ideology or whether his tears are real.)
isobars

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by isobars on Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
isobars

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="coboardhead"]Mr. Trump has a problem with facts:

Obama doesn't have a problem with them at all. He just doesn't care WHAT he reads, to the Congress, the camera, or Town Hall meetings or what he says to interviewers or debate moderators. That's appalling, considering his responsibility to the nation and the world. His statements prove with every new appearance he does not understand the difference between campaign rhetoric, presidential statements, and outright BS.

I haven't seen any pundits ascribe any credibility to Trump as a candidate; most consider him a political joke. I believe he's sincere about it, but -- for now -- I don't think he could or should be nominated.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obama’s Trump Card
The damage the Donald can do

The boomlet for Donald Trump as a Republican nominee for president of the United States ought to be a wake-up call for Republican candidates and Republican party leaders alike.

Why has Trump surged ahead of other Republican candidates and potential candidates in the polls? It is not likely that his resurrection of the issue of Barack Obama’s birth certificate has aroused all this support.

The birth-certificate issue does more political damage to Obama’s critics than to the president himself, because it enables the media to paint those critics as kooks. Nor are Donald Trump’s political positions such as to create a stampede to his cause.

Radio-talk-show host Mark Levin has rebroadcast Trump’s varied and mutually contradictory statements on political issues and personalities over the years. It was a devastating revelation of Trump’s “versatility of convictions,” to use a phrase coined long ago by Thorstein Veblen.

So then what is Donald Trump’s appeal? And why should it concern Republican leaders in general?

Trump has what so many other Republicans are so painfully lacking: the ability and the willingness to articulate arguments clearly, forcefully, and in plain English. Too many Republicans talk like the actor of whom a critic once said, “he played the king like he was afraid that someone else was going to play the ace.”

What electrified so many Republicans about Sarah Palin in the 2008 election campaign was that her speeches offered such a contrast to the usual mealy-mouthed talk common among other Republican candidates, including Sen. John McCain. Whether you agreed or disagreed with her position on the issues, you didn’t have to wave your hand in front of her eyes to see if she was awake.

Donald Trump is dangerous in at least two senses. If, by some tragic miracle, he should become the Republicans’ candidate for president in 2012, that would be the closest thing to an iron-clad guarantee of a second term in the White House for Barack Obama.

That would be a huge setback for the Republicans — and, far more important — a historic catastrophe for this country.

What seems more likely is that Donald Trump as a candidate for the Republican nomination would use his superior articulation skills — not to mention brash irresponsibility — to trash all the other Republican candidates for that nomination, leaving them damaged goods in the eyes of the public, and therefore less able to gather the votes needed to prevent the reelection of Obama.

Why Republicans seem not to understand the crucial importance of putting the same time and attention into articulating their positions as the Democrats do is one of the enduring mysteries of American politics.

It was obvious that the Democrats coordinated their talking points and catch-phrases — “social justice,” “tax cuts for the rich,” etc. — even before the overheard and recorded statements of Sen. Chuck Schumer about Democrats’ plans to repeatedly use the word “extreme” to characterize Republicans.

But how many Republican catch phrases can you remember? Republican rhetoric tends to range from low key to no key.

Nor is there much evidence that Republicans have asked themselves how the left wing of the Democratic party gained such ascendancy in recent years, in a country where millions more people identify themselves as conservative than as liberals.

In short, there is little or no evidence that most Republicans see any need to fundamentally change their approach to the public. But if they think that they can rely on Obama’s declining popularity to win the 2012 election, they may be in for a rude shock. Worse yet, the whole future of this country and of Western civilization will be in jeopardy — in a world where the likes of Iran and North Korea become nuclear powers while we engage in empty talk at the U.N.

Barack Obama’s declining support in public-opinion polls makes some conservatives feel that his reelection hopes are doomed. But Donald Trump can be Barack Obama’s secret weapon in his fight to remain in the White House. The Donald can be his Trump card.

— Thomas Sowell is a senior fellow at the Hoover Institution. © 2011 Creators Syndicate, Inc.
keycocker

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Nor is there much evidence that Republicans have asked themselves how the left wing of the Democratic party gained such ascendancy in recent years, in a country where millions more people identify themselves as conservative than as liberals. "

The Dems did that by actually moving to the center while pundits pretend they are far left.Anyone here remember the far left? If you do you won't think Obama is one or Clinton either. That is all trash talk and when you start to believe your own trash talk then you lose touch with reality.
See" Iso" for easy to understand examples of this.
isobars

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
1. The birth-certificate issue does more political damage to Obama’s critics than to the president himself, because it enables the media to paint those critics as kooks. ... But Donald Trump can be Barack Obama’s secret weapon in his fight to remain in the White House. The Donald can be his Trump card. Donald Trump is dangerous

2. If, by some tragic miracle, he should become the Republicans’ candidate for president in 2012, that would be the closest thing to an iron-clad guarantee of a second term in the White House for Barack Obama. ... But if they think that they can rely on Obama’s declining popularity to win the 2012 election, they may be in for a rude shock. ... Barack Obama’s declining support in public-opinion polls makes some conservatives feel that his reelection hopes are doomed.

3. Why Republicans seem not to understand the crucial importance of putting the same time and attention into articulating their positions as the Democrats do is one of the enduring mysteries of American politics.

4, But how many Republican catch phrases can you remember?

5. Nor is there much evidence that Republicans have asked themselves how the left wing of the Democratic party gained such ascendancy in recent years, in a country where millions more people identify themselves as conservative than as liberals..

1. That's what alarms me about the timing of Obama's release of his birth certificate. His game was working perfectly, so what bad news (for the Dems) is he trying to deflect the media from? Inflation? Having printed more play money in two years than we had printed in the past two hundred years? The Obama snub at that wedding?

2. One of the media's most credible, centrist journalists (according to research), Brit Hume, is firmly convinced the election hinges FAR less on who runs against Obama than on the status of Obama's follies such as gas prices, unemployment, and the deficit. Fix 'em, and nobody can beat Obama. Stay the course, and any Republican can beat him.

3. I've wondered for many years if one reason is an assumption by moderate conservatives that their message is so clearly superior to that of the Entitlement Party (DUH!) that it doesn't NEED articulation (Oops).

4. "I like Ike".

5. "FREE MONEY" if you vote for us. Ask Peggy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P36x8rTb3jI
mogunn

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The carnival barker is awake. Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: