myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Trump
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mat-ty

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keycocker
I am talking main stream media, abc, nbc, cbs, major news papers etc. Thankfully they are losing their monopoly on the news and the minds of America. But most people still consider their words to be fact. Not all people seek alternative sources of info , like most people here. The main stream has a long history of leaning left, and I know you are to smart to deny the blatant bias for all things obama. The man just took us into a civil war, without an exit strategy, without any eminent danger to Americans. And he didn’t even have the decency to ask congress for approval.
keycocker

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree about the war
As to the media bias.
This is one of my favorite entertainments when in a discussion with liberals and conservatives in the same room. The liberals swear that the news is controlled by the right since Republicans own ABC CBS NBC and Fox along with most newspapers and radio stations.
Good point really.
Other conservatives say that the news is liberal because they hear annoying liberal statements at times on the GOP owned stations.
I remember during the Bush years Fox had more viewers than any outlet on earth and they served as his cheerleaders. It is in decline now because our center-right population is weary of excessive right blah blah and has a distaste for Bush in hindsight.
How did the media convince more than 60% of GOP that O is either Muslim a foreigner or Satan if they get all their info from the left?That is tens of millions of Americans
I think the news is controlled by money alone and they would show you squirrels having sex all day long if that brought viewers to watch the commercials.
mac

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The media are virtually all owned by rich Republican businessmen. The only difference is the degree to which they interfere with editorial policy and content. The most subtle is Murdoch--he doesn't directly interfere, he just hires all true believers in the conservative ideology. The nice thing about ideologies, like religion, is that faith controls all and you don't have to pay attention to facts. Why else would so much of the country doubt evolution and global warming?
keycocker

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those doubts mac mentioned and the 45% who believe birther fairy tales do not come from listening all day to liberal leaning media. Remember the Lewinsky blow job? If liberals control the media why did we have to listen to that 24/7 with a break for the weather for about a year?

MONEY.
isobars

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

keycocker wrote:
I remember during the Bush years Fox had more viewers than any outlet on earth and they served as his cheerleaders. It is in decline now because our center-right population is weary of excessive right blah blah and has a distaste for Bush in hindsight.

How did the media convince more than 60% of GOP that O is either Muslim a foreigner or Satan if they get all their info from the left?

Hate to break it to ya, but Fox more than just dominates Cable news ... it often has more viewers than the rest of cable TV news combined. O'Reilly, Hannity, et.al. criticized Bush and his entire administration about their spending, the way they ran the wars, their expansion of the government ... anything they did wrongly. And you've never heard a Fox employee claim O is anything other than a native-born Christian American. God, man ... do you just spew anything that comes to mind?

Last edited by isobars on Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
mat-ty

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.journalism.org/analysis_report/obamas_first_100_days

You guys make some valid points. Check out this site , for what it's worth. As far as Clinton goes , if he just admitted to his stupidity , it would have gone away in no time. Instead he decided to by stubborn , and payed a heavy price.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
And just think Boggsman, not only did he win , but he survived the liberal medias onslaught of lies, deceit, and hatred, an orgy of negative news. Now on the other hand the liberal media has done the exact opposite With the incompetent ,classless fool obama. And his numbers still suck, so you do the math, we are a center right country without question.

I dont know what the term center -right means, its another label, intended to divide, created by the right leaning media, I guess. Obama is at 46-47, same place Bush was in Summer of 2004. The hatred of Obama by the people you follow, breitbardt, Faux news etc, is much much worse than a few peacenik liberals on the web, sorry matty. But If the economy recovers, which it is, Obama will be tough to beat, inspite of all the name calling by the Tea Bag crew. Im ready for you to match your trap with your wallet, at this point you arent. Let me know when you grow a pair, this liberal- latte drinking, California loving, windsurfing, Grateful Dead fan, MTB'er, skiier is ready for a little wager!
coboardhead

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Latte's ...really?
Up 'till now I had a lot of respect for you!
keycocker

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"....As far as Clinton goes , if he just admitted to his stupidity , it would have gone away in no time. Instead he decided to by stubborn , and payed a heavy price....
Clinton was at 39% popularity as an obscure President. In the end he had an 80% approval rating and became a bit hit overseas too. That was a new record at the time for a President and clearly would have included many GOP.
The leadership of the GOP was decimated with Gingrich and 6 others losing their jobs over the deep nasties they were involved in.
The GOP spent 100 million of your tax dollars making Clinton a big star.
Those congressmen who started the witch hunt wrote a book after they retired. They said it was done in retaliation for Nixon. They did not realize most of the GOP leadership were far worse than Clinton or they would not have done it. They never intended to wipe out their leadership.
Bush became a front runner for the nomination partly because he had opposed the Clinton witch hunt in public.
There were worries at the time that all future Presidents would spend their entire term fighting the same nonsense.
Turned out to be suicide for the GOP so now the slimemasters focus on birther nonsense.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coboardhead wrote:
Latte's ...really?
Up 'till now I had a lot of respect for you!

that comment was for effect, one cup of PEETSand im good to go!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: