myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
A simple parable for the Wisconsin news
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28, 29  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GURGLETROUSERS

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed Craig, and over here we've been through the complete gamut of virgin and paradise lampooning satire., in the grand old Colonel Bogey (Mein Fuhrers deficiency) style, but it just incenses them more.

Remember how the bible belt reacted to, and banned, The Life of Brian, another hilarious skit on 'religious loonys'.

If others had our sense of the ridiculous it would be fine. Sadly, they don't, and we have to live with them.
cgoudie1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember watching that movie with my friends when it came to the
theaters. We laughed until tears rolled down our purple tinged cheeks.

-Craig

GURGLETROUSERS wrote:
Remember how the bible belt reacted to, and banned, The Life of Brian, another hilarious skit on 'religious loonys'.

windoggi

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

early tea party meeting

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExWfh6sGyso

MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

windoggie wrote:
early tea party meeting

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExWfh6sGyso

Ahh yes, there is nothing like free government services in exchange for no freedom of expression. Big government is truely the solution. It's worked so well in the past.
windoggi

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lone controller falls asleep on the job and fails to answer landing airliners. After what the Gipper did to the air controllers union, I find it ironic that it happened at the Ronald Reagan Airport.
windoggi

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:

Ahh yes, there is nothing like free government services in exchange for no freedom of expression.

...he expresses freely.

mac

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac started this with this joke:
Quote:
Three men go into a bakery and pool their money to buy a dozen cookies. When the 12 cookies come on a plate, the guy from Wall Street grabs 11 of them. He then turns to the Tea Party guy and says, "Hey, that union guy wants your cookie!"

Now we've heard that part of the reason that Wisconsin was projected to have a budget deficit was the $117 million in tax cuts handed out to businesses. This in the face of the January 31, 2011, projection of a surplus by the Legislative Fiscal Bureau (http://legis.wisconsin.gov/lfb/Misc/2011_01_31Vos&Darling.pdf) I'm guessing that these guys can actually add, so they may not belong the Republican Party.

Then today I read this about Wisconsin: a) The Republican Governor's Association collected $1 million from the Koch's, and invested about $3.4 million in electing Walker; b) The Koch borthers PAC donated $43,000 directly to his campaign (they are also interested in buying--I'm sure for fair market value in a no-bid deal--the state's power plants) c) In Wisconsin, 2/3 of corporations pay no taxes at all, and the share of state frevenue from corporate taxes has fallen by half since 1981.

So it turns out that it was Wisconsin corporations that at the cookies that they hadn't paid for. What were those cookies? An educated workforce and infrastructure?

I'm waiting for the snarky responses. What say you Bard and mrgybe when you know the corporations ate your cookies?
swchandler

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Governor Walker pulled a fast one on the citizens of his state, but I think his karma will ultimately come back and haunt him for the choices he made to serve greedy corporate interests. If you sign up with the devil, there will always be that day of reckoning.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:
.....but I think his karma will ultimately come back and haunt him for the choices he made to serve greedy corporate interests. If you sign up with the devil, there will always be that day of reckoning.

Apparently, that day has arrived..........good old Jeff Immelt

"Some corporate embarrassment today for President Obama.

The chairman of the President's Council on Jobs and Competitiveness -- also the CEO of a billion-dollar company -- paid no corporate taxes in 2010."
mat-ty

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac
I agree with you on corporate , and wall street greed, us little guys are getting screwed. John Stossel had a great special on last night called Freeloaders, I think you would have liked the show. But some tax breaks for business are unavoidable if you want companies to stay in your state. Companies are leaving Mass because of high business cost. Fidelity just moved a thousand more jobs last week. GE is a disgrace , like mrjybe said , they paid zippo, and have the government in their back pocket.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 27 of 29

Jump to: