myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Hood River Cops might be on the chopping block
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mac

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How funny, comes peer, another knuckle dragger threatening violence. Peer, you can't read very well. I didn't threaten the job of cops, I tried to explain why local governments are in a fix. In simple words that shouldn't be too hard for you: The Republicans deregulated finance. The law was written by Gramm, the Senator from Texas. He also wrote the energy deregulation bill that resulted in the Enron scandal. As a result of no oversight, financial firms made loans without checking, or without complying with their own standards. They then sold loans as securities to various investors--including pension funds. The ensuing meltdown cost $12 trillion. All government revenues dropped by about 1/3. That's why local governments are trying to find ways to save money.

This particular thread started with someone complaining that they were cutting cops just to get public attention. It was just as paranoid as your post--but you made it a threat, not a thread. (Do you sometimes wonder why the Republicans want to keep you poorly informed and ignorant? Do you ever do any research yourself? I gave you the link to the actual budget.)

Again, in simple terms that you should be able to understand if you can read the manual for cleaning your rifle--public safety--police and fire--are the big dogs in local government. If they have already cut 20% of their employees but want to keep the local library open, they may have no choice but to consider contracting with the County to save money. You want to help raise taxes so they can keep their police? Maybe you shouldn't vote for TEA heads.

Why can't you guys muster up an argument without a threat?
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad run for the hills SWC
peer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:41 pm    Post subject: mac Reply with quote

@Mac if you read my thread you will see at no time is it a threat dick nose. Read it. Take it like you will. As I said you may sound intellectual with all your blah blah, but you really aren't.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:20 pm    Post subject: Re: mac Reply with quote

peer wrote:
@Mac if you read my thread you will see at no time is it a threat dick nose. Read it. Take it like you will. As I said you may sound intellectual with all your blah blah, but you really aren't.

Is there a quorum? My vote is Aye....Yes, I assume he will now call you a racist. That is the pattern.
mac

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"a bullet with your name on it?"Your grasp of the English language is very impressive.

Did you understand my point this time?
mac

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

avowed knuckle dragger peer said:
Quote:
You don’t seem like an overly intelligent fellow to be screwing with cops and taking their jobs. Once you do that you might consider pulling what Saddam Hussein did and burrow into the ground.

Now it is clear that he didn't understand what I said when he accuses me of being the mayor, screwing the cops and taking their jobs. None of those three is true. But after telling me that, and the remark about a bullet with my name on it, and burrowing into the ground, he claims he didn't threaten me? Priceless.
feuser

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:41 pm    Post subject: Re: mac Reply with quote

peer wrote:

Two posts total on this forum and already picking fights? What a way to make mom proud.

http://www.windsurfing.kasail.com/
windoggi

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do like the term "dick nose". I can't wait to use it.
coboardhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

winddoggie said

Quote:
I do like the term "dick nose". I can't wait to use it.

I already used it today. FYI some folks get offended!
mrgybe

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does a "dick nose" get longer the more lies you tell? Perhaps that's where the term "What a whopper" came from.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9

Jump to: