myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Tragic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 34, 35, 36  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
isobars

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

keycocker wrote:
to make newly elected Congressman Paul happy-no IRS or Dept of Education

I am 100% for those goals. The Fair Tax would absolutely transform our entire economy for the better in virtually every way, and the Dept of Ed is a hopeless bureaucracy at best.
mat-ty

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://michellemalkin.com/

Plenty of hate going around, left and right. I always thought palins use of crosshairs was not a good idea.

The real problem , is our Obsession with guns, needs to change somehow!!

The only time I could see myself owning a gun , would be if I lived in a rural area, were the police could not get to my house in minutes. Except for hunting and sport shooting, I think we need to look at who is packing handguns
mogunn

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
The real problem , is our Obsession with guns, needs to change somehow!!

Yes.

boggsman1

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we at least make sure they are registered AFTER a background check?
NickB

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
Reportedly like the Arab cuilture, all they know is force

Not sure what triggered this sentence in here, but to our friends of Arab descent reading these forums, please be assured that most understand the difference between ethnic background and religious extremism.
Unsurpassed hospitability definitely comes to mind before force when pondering the Arab culture.
windoggi

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:

BTW .... aren't These People who blame Palin and Beck for Arizona the same group who claims TV doesn't influence our behavior?

a quote from Beck...
"I'm thinking about killing Michael Moore and I'm wondering if I could kill him myself, or if I would need to hire somebody to do it. No, I think I could. I think he could be looking me in the eye, you know, and I could just be choking the life out of him. Is this wrong?"

isobars

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
I always thought palins use of crosshairs was not a good idea.

The real problem is our Obsession with guns, needs to change somehow!!
I think we need to look at who is packing handguns

They are U.S. Geological Survey Principle Point map symbols ... unlike the actual bull's eye target symbols used by the Democrats identifying Republican opponents as "targets". She just didn't think that choice through very well.

Reportedly only three states -- Arizona, Alaska, and one other -- allow carrying concealed weapons without permits; all other states do look at who is carrying them. A bystander with one could have saved some lives in Tucson and saved the state and the feds a lot of money. I certainly underwent background checks to get my concealed carry permits in NY and WA (we could wear them openly in NM).
mac

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lest you think that a penchant for bullying and threatening is rare among the right, let us briefly consider the open carry and minutemen organizations--both big in Arizona, where hatred of illegal immigrants is also very big. Just a few of the sources of hate and bullying, although they all claim that neither hatred nor bigotry is involved.

http://www.mugshotmuseum.com/open_carry_movement.html
http://www.opencarry.org/press.html

The "Open Carry" movement sparked shock waves last year when about a dozen people carrying guns, including one with a military-style rifle, stood outside an Arizona convention center where President Barack Obama was speaking.

Read more: http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2010/06/02/95180/california-bill-bans-open-carry.html#ixzz1Af8W8ZFl
• Posted on Sunday, May 16, 2010
By Bruce Henderson
Conservative commentator Glenn Beck and former House Speaker Newt Gingrich rallied a National Rifle Association audience Saturday night to get back to God, guns and the polls.

http://csgv3.blogspot.com/2010/03/open-carry-nightmare.html
http://www.minutemanproject.com/

Read more: http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2010/05/16/94235/beck-gingrich-to-nra-crowd-get.html#ixzz1Af8m2SO1

Let's see, showing up at Congressional meetings inthe district's to shout down the Congresspeople and opponents, brandishing weapons, frequent theats on this forum to beat somebody up at the beach. And best of all, innocent's Sara Palin's accidental choice of the term "reload." Nope, no violent threats here, it was just a nutso individual.
isobars

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickB wrote:
isobars wrote:
Reportedly like the Arab cuilture, all they know is force

Not sure what triggered this sentence in here, but to our friends of Arab descent reading these forums, please be assured that most understand the difference between ethnic background and religious extremism.
Unsurpassed hospitability definitely comes to mind before force when pondering the Arab culture.

On a personal level, absolutely. But I have read for >40 years -- >25 years before I knew the difference between left & right, liberal & conservative, Democrat & Republican -- that on a national, political, military, or any antagonistic level, Arabs respect or respond only to credible superior strength. It's not an accusation, a slight, or incrimination; it's just an understanding borne out countless times in recent decades.
mac

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

in iso's world bigotry=understanding.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 5 of 36

Jump to: