myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Moving to Oregon from California
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mac

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Punctuated by another threat of violence. If you can't convince someone, just shoot them. Is this what Mike learned in the military, or is this why he went into the military? Inquiring minds just want to know...
isobars

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

30knotwind wrote:
@Isobars, enjoy your retirement, really, we'll pay for it later.

Many millions of servicemen have paid for their retirements in advance, else you would be speaking any of several other languages now ... presuming you were still alive. You owe a huge debt of gratitude to those people stationed just west of your city.
swchandler

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seemingly isobars wants to rant a bit more about military retirements. How he loves to cast himself in parallel with the members of the military (to include cops and fireman too) that actually do their jobs in war zones.

The thing he's conveniently forgetting is that any focus in this thread on questionable military retirements has been strictly about just him, because of his continual twisted negative rant about civilian folks receiving entitlements or some form of assistance from the government.

Also, there's the fact that he brags on repeatedly about retiring from the military at 45 years old. If the truth were told, the military regularly closes the door to its service members where continued service is not viewed as useful or productive. They're simply cutting old wood, government style. To sweeten things a bit, the military often raises the retiree's rank, and of course, grants the government pension and benefits. As we all know, things normally aren't that sweet in the private sector, not by a long shot.

I think most folks view retirement at 45 years old, particularly those in the private sector, as questionable. If isobars's wife hadn't continued working and bringing in a paycheck, how easy would it be to retire so early in life and play?

And then, there's still that unanswered question about isobars' work related disability issue. No doubt, inquiring minds want to know. What's isobars trying to hide? Maybe a boatload of hypocrisy?
NickB

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:
Seemingly isobars wants to rant a bit more about military retirements. How he loves to cast himself in parallel with the members of the military (to include cops and fireman too) that actually do their jobs in war zones.

The thing he's conveniently forgetting is that any focus in this thread on questionable military retirements has been strictly about just him, because of his continual twisted negative rant about civilian folks receiving entitlements or some form of assistance from the government.

Also, there's the fact that he brags on repeatedly about retiring from the military at 45 years old. If the truth were told, the military regularly closes the door to its service members where continued service is not viewed as useful or productive. They're simply cutting old wood, government style. To sweeten things a bit, the military often raises the retiree's rank, and of course, grants the government pension and benefits. As we all know, things normally aren't that sweet in the private sector, not by a long shot.

I think most folks view retirement at 45 years old, particularly those in the private sector, as questionable. If isobars's wife hadn't continued working and bringing in a paycheck, how easy would it be to retire so early in life and play?

And then, there's still that unanswered question about isobars' work related disability issue. No doubt, inquiring minds want to know. What's isobars trying to hide? Maybe a boatload of hypocrisy?

I'm not plonked, so I'll just quote you since you again expressed what most here think and have repeatedly stated. The hand that feeds him folks, the hand that feeds him...
feuser

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickB wrote:

I'm not plonked,..

If you weren't you are now.

http://www.windsurfing.kasail.com/
mogunn

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
Punctuated by another threat of violence. If you can't convince someone, just shoot them. Is this what Mike learned in the military, or is this why he went into the military? Inquiring minds just want to know...

Wow!
I just read your post, mac...the reality of it, in light of today's tragedy, is gut-wrenching.
When will the threats and violence stop?

jp5

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:

By his own admission Mike joined the Air Force to keep from being drafted into the Army during the Viet Nam conflict.
WMP

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Experts agree that if you find yourself often pitying someone who consistently annoys and hurts you or other people and who actively campaigns for attention (especially negative attention), the chances are close to 100% that you are dealing with a sociopath.

Folks, it's just a simple fact that we're dealing with a forum sociopath here..

http://www.youmeworks.com/sociopaths.html

1. Do you often feel used by this person?

2. Have you often felt that he (or she) doesn't care about you?

3. Does he lie and deceive you?

4. Does he tend to make contradictory statements?

5. Does he tend to take from you and not give back much?

6. Does he often appeal to pity? Does he seem to try to make you feel sorry for him?

7. Does he try to make you feel guilty?

8. Do you sometimes feel he is taking advantage of your good nature?

9. Does he seem easily bored and need constant stimulation?

10. Does he use a lot of flattery? Does he interact with you in a way that makes you feel flattered even if he says nothing overtly complimentary?

11. Does he make you feel worried? Does he do it obviously or more cleverly and sneakily?

12. Does he give you the impression you owe him?

13. Does he chronically fail to take responsibility for harming others? Does he blame everyone and everything but himself?

- WMP (who has been "plonked")
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a bunch of immature schoolyard bullys. Many of you sound like you're 12 years old. You should all be ashamed of piling on Iso and the others who don't have your perspective on life. Like a bunch of Hyenas, strong in a group, weak individually. A metaphor for Obama if you will.

You wouldn't have the guts to speak like this in public. Why do it here? I know you wouldn't do it to me if I were at your beach. Trust me, you wouldn't. Smile
boggsman1

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
What a bunch of immature schoolyard bullys. Many of you sound like you're 12 years old. You should all be ashamed of piling on Iso and the others who don't have your perspective on life. Like a bunch of Hyenas, strong in a group, weak individually. A metaphor for Obama if you will.

You wouldn't have the guts to speak like this in public. Why do it here? I know you wouldn't do it to me if I were at your beach. Trust me, you wouldn't. Smile

Hey Bard...why dont you and ISO get a room. You could leave your dentures at the door, and BBQ some steaks , or whatever .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: