myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
what about Northern California

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dWINDSURFINGYPSY

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:10 pm    Post subject: what about Northern California Reply with quote

Is Nor Cal not an option? There is a lot of tech there. Not to mention SF Bay Area is one of the largest World Class windsurfing spots that the world does not pay any attention too! not to mention the rest of the US.

Davenport/ Waddell for real waves
Rio Vista for River Swell/ free camping
Crissy Field to sail in the shadow of the Golden Gate bridge, and within eye shot of alcatraz
Candlestick to sail along the freeway, right behind Candlestick park
Not to mention Treasure Island, Coyote Pt, Third Ave, San Luis Res..... All are great places to live and sail afterwork with the winds not picking up till 3pm usually in the 20mph range everyday...lasting until the sun sets. Off at five on the water at 6 you could have 2 hrs of windsurfing Every day and a Dozen amazing windsurfing spots!

Just a thought...I grew up in the SF Bay Area and travel all around, the gorge is an awesome place to sail and live [i went to school in Beaverton, OR just outside of Portland] but my personal favorite is the Bay Area.
dllee

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lots of traffic, cost of living is high, industry is located near HoodRiver, jobs are scarce, crime is prevelent most everywhere, gotta still drive across a bridge or two ($6), and the sport is static in growth.
dWINDSURFINGYPSY

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:19 pm    Post subject: not too bright Reply with quote

Sorry not to bright, too much blonde hair! This was supposed to be a comment and not its own posting!
brendon
mogunn

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you Brendon. The Bay Area is one of the best places on earth for windsurfing...not only for the variety of sailing venues, but for the proximity to so many diverse cultural opportunities.
swchandler

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The San Francisco Bay area has tons to offer, particularly for the interested windsurfer. I have to admit my deep envy during the summer months. While I chose to live further south in Santa Barbara, I've always found the SF Bay area to be a great spot to visit and love since the late 60s, even before windsurfing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: