myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Charitable giving
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DanWeiss

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
Dan

please spare me your condescending bullshit, I have lived through, the disastous rise of entitlement, and political correctness, you can produce a zillion pages of nonsense by some moonbat , and it would not change my , or most sensible americans minds one bit. Maybe we can get obamas criminal aunt out windsurfing in southie, WINDS FREE

Are you serious? It is you who lobs snide personal attacks on others. I reached out to you with an offer of real discourse, only to be labelled by you as condescending. That's rich. Would you rather I have replied in the same vein as your very post that prompted my reply? Would you rather I call you names?

You wrote some time ago that you posted to get a rise out of left wingers or something like that. Are you regretting that decision?

C'mon, Matt. Either grow a thicker skin or change your tune. Your choice.
mat-ty

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan
My comment was a simple (you can not spend your way out of a recession) only to have Mac do his usual thing , and you follow.
Instead of looking at recent history , you choose to go back 70 years to make your point, and sadly your only half right at best. Ironically the History channel, covered this topic yesterday, and were very clear that it was not the prewar government spending that got the economy back on track, it was the enormous demand for military equipment and supplies etc that jump started America , and built the lasting economy we have all enjoyed. Ignoring recent history , was a good choice, because after historical spending, by obama and company, it has yielded next to nothing!!!! As far as PC and entitlement Dan , from our soldiers trying to fight with the insane rules of engagement, to a government that will not call a terrorist a TERRORIST, to the racist nonsense with the firemen in Conn, the acts of stupidity are endless!! Entitlement is a disgrace, and is as long as you libs continue to defend these broken services, the parasites will turn America into a third world nation. But I guess as long as they vote for dems your ok with that. So you and mac can call me what ever you like , but I am more than certain , that the majority of Americans would agree with my position over yours.
swchandler

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"...but I am more than certain , that the majority of Americans would agree with my position over yours."

You know mat-ty, it would worry me greatly to imagine that you're right, particularly given your very hateful attitude. While I'm sure that many folks in this country aren't necessarily happy with the Obama Administration and the Democrats in Congress, and I can respect that, just as I would expect the same respect in return. But I know there's something quite wrong in our spiteful commentary and utter distaste for anything left of the extreme right wing conservatives. If you expect to garner any kind of acceptance or respect for your beliefs, you really need to greatly improve your delivery.
DanWeiss

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
Dan
My comment was a simple (you can not spend your way out of a recession) only to have Mac do his usual thing , and you follow.
Instead of looking at recent history , you choose to go back 70 years to make your point, and sadly your only half right at best. Ironically the History channel, covered this topic yesterday, and were very clear that it was not the prewar government spending that got the economy back on track, it was the enormous demand for military equipment and supplies etc that jump started America , and built the lasting economy we have all enjoyed. Ignoring recent history , was a good choice, because after historical spending, by obama and company, it has yielded next to nothing!!!! As far as PC and entitlement Dan , from our soldiers trying to fight with the insane rules of engagement, to a government that will not call a terrorist a TERRORIST, to the racist nonsense with the firemen in Conn, the acts of stupidity are endless!! Entitlement is a disgrace, and is as long as you libs continue to defend these broken services, the parasites will turn America into a third world nation. But I guess as long as they vote for dems your ok with that. So you and mac can call me what ever you like , but I am more than certain , that the majority of Americans would agree with my position over yours.

Matt, I replied to your post in which you wrote, "[t]hats when [referring to Mac's reference to the Great Depression] people still loved america. Before political correctness, and entitlement nation. You could work hard and feed your family ,and the most qualified people got hired, not some toothless moron, because some liberal ahole like yourself thought it wouild make you feel better. "

I replied with a counterpoint to your claim that all it took was to work hard to get out of the personal economic misery of the Great Depression. Yet you now say that writing bout the Great Depression is off point? Huh? That is the context of your post. Why can't I comment when you so grossly overstate how effective hard work was for most people in the Great Depression?

I wasn't aware that the Geneva Convention and the US Rules of Military Engagement became "politically correct." PC used to be a label that referenced changes in language and identity in the 1970s and 1980s. PC was co-opted by conservatives in the early 1990s as a pejorative to claim that some subjects were simply made off limits by liberals. The problem I hold with the term "PC" is that it can mean anything the user wishes because only the user gets to define the edges of its meaning.

You say that the Civil Rights Act is PC as used in CT. How can I or anyone debate that when you haven't defined PC?

Finally, I didn't call you any name, so I don't have any idea what you are referring to. Nor do I bother to comment on your spelling or grammar b/c neither really matters to me.

What does matter to me is that your arguments often don't make any sense. For example, you wrote, "[e]ntitlement is a disgrace, and is as long as you libs continue to defend these broken services." Meaning: entitlement is a disgrace until liberals stop defending it. Therefore, it must only be the liberal defense of entitlement programs that render them disgraceful.

I won't guess about your motivations, but I do find it strange that you donated to the Kerry Committee but also claim to have suffered outrage over the last four decades as you watched liberals and their supporters ruin things. What gives?
mac

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're matty, not your. It's a contraction for you are. They are called homophones. My fifth graders can teach you about them. The advice for junior college was pretty good. You might pick up a course in economic history as well. I see that you now acknowledge that you can borrow--with war bonds--and spend your way out of a recession--if you spend enough. Thanks for agreeing with my destroying your argument.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talking of fifth grade use of English..........and destroying.
mac

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe--weren't you the one that said
Quote:
it seems that even those on the left are acknowledging that the stimulus was an expensive mistake......see the lukewarm endorsements above. Obviously nearly a trillion dollars will create (or save) some jobs, but at a huge cost. If only our politicians could set their egos aside and admit it. The administration tried the Keynesian approach.......which undoubtedly many accept as valid course of action......but there is little indication it has worked.

And now you are defending extension of tax cuts that are about the same price. You didn't provide much to support your conclusion that the stimulus was an expensive mistake--do you have any facts to justify your support for tax cuts doign a better job? Oh, that's right, opinions are the same as facts in the Fox news world. It's all just entertainment anyway, innit?

You are welcome to play if you bring reasoning instead of snark to the table. Until then?
mat-ty

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac I am not a homophobe, thats not a nice thing to call me. Dan, as far the check goes,
lets just say , thats the dirty side of politics and leave it at that. I do apologize to you Dan, even if we disagree, you are always respectful.
isobars

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
I do apologize to you Dan, even if we disagree, you are always respectful.

If so, he has changed since I killfiled him. Glad to hear it.
windoggi

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:

If so, he has changed since I killfiled him. Glad to hear it.

some day you'll get out of eighth grade, iso.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: