myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Charitable giving
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mat-ty

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan

please spare me your condescending bullshit, I have lived through, the disastous rise of entitlement, and political correctness, you can produce a zillion pages of nonsense by some moonbat , and it would not change my , or most sensible americans minds one bit. Maybe we can get obamas criminal aunt out windsurfing in southie, WINDS FREE
mac

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course, matty, having lost the debating point, which is that the Great Depression was only ended by deficit spending of a massive sort, immediately resorts to ad hominem attacks on Dan and me. It is unclear whether he is ignorant of history, chooses to ignore it to defend his world view, or whatever. He is probably also unaware that the Great Depression was caused by a huge speculative bubble in the stock market. Hmmm--any parallels in that recently?

Now there are ways to actually debate whether deficit spending is the appropriate strategy, whether we can afford to do it, whether we can trust Congress to turn it off when the recovery really begins, or whether or not it will fuel another bubble. But of course that requires doing some homework, thinking, and reading beyond what is sent to you by your pet right wing web site. It actually takes work--try it matty. The other approach, is to be a desciple of Karl Rove and just resort in ad hominen attacks. You're 0 for 2 this morning matty.
mat-ty

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac , You should run for office, Historian , economist, all around no it all, I know one thing , you have to be smarter than obama.
Karl Rove, sorry mac, but he has forgotten more than a blowhard like you knows!! You just wish he was a liberal, but then again you have James Carvel, You know the guy who wrote the book , 40 MORE YEARS OF LIBERALISM, or something like that.
mac

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Know matty, know. I know you don't no. But you are certainly an empty shirt for opinions. D in spelling.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most historians agree that the worldwide Great Depression was ended by World II and that earlier deficit spending had limited effect. While many will point to the Iran/ Afghanistan wars as a root cause of our current malaise, they are ignoring the other side of the coin which is the increased employment and manufacturing that accompanies any war. Perversely, war is generally good for the economy (unless you are losing it badly).
coboardhead

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But, I wonder how effective our soldiers would have been if projects such as the WPA had not been enacted to get a despairing workforce back to being productive.

I wonder how effective our soldiers would have been if they didn't have something to fight for.
isobars

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And Jimmy Carter and Harry Reid are really helping towards that end, aren't they, with their "We've lost the war" diatribes. Most of us remember well how Walter Cronkite threw away our victory -- and what was it? ... 35,000 more U.S. lives -- by declaring the Tet offensive a victory after General Giap had declared it lost.
coboardhead

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. In war, and in economy, attitude is important. In windsurfing "attitude is everything" Wink
insh8bl

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
Mac , You should run for office, Historian , economist, all around no it all, I know one thing , you have to be smarter than obama.
Karl Rove, sorry mac, but he has forgotten more than a blowhard like you knows!! You just wish he was a liberal, but then again you have James Carvel, You know the guy who wrote the book , 40 MORE YEARS OF LIBERALISM, or something like that.

Dude, seriously? Two words mat-ty, community college. Shocked
mac

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now now, matty spells a little better than my average fifth grader.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: