myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Brady 2012
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrgybe

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evidently Soros' philanthropy didn't extend to the businesses and lives he destroyed in the UK when he cornered the pound in 1992. He made a billion dollars by placing a bet..........no product, no useful contribution to society........just a bet.........and left behind individuals, businesses and a country in chaos. If that's your idea of heroic behavior you should apply for a spot on the Berkeley Justice and Peace Commission......you'll fit right in.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its a currency market Mr. Gybe. You're sounding like Bernie Sanders. And didnt you say you once ran a eurodollar fund? Pretty funny that the liberal in this discussion is taking the market view, and the conservative is arguing against the merits of the capital markets, when it used to serve as your paycheck. I know conservatives hate George Soros, but I somehow dont hear anything from you with regards to traders like TBoone Pickens who jacked the gas markets in the 1970's to the detriment of many fellow Oklamhomans. I could go on and on referencing Republican hedgies that have played in the same backyard as George Soros with the same intents, but its a waste of time, keep demonizing Georgie, it suits your bias.
coboardhead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Gybe:

You argued earlier that businesses don't have a responsibility to anything except the bottom line (or the wishes of the board). Yet, you slam Mr. Soros for doing just that. Is this a double standard, or are you starting to lean a little left?
boggsman1

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr G , how bout John Paulsen?, he made 30B for his funds BETTING on the failure of the US housing market, his impact on the economy and crash on Wall Street is 100X Soros pound bet. The pound was already in trouble when Soros piled on, if he didnt do it, another would have. Your bias and disgust with the man makes this argument a non event, lets move on to the Baltimore Oriole outfielder who wants to see Obamas birth certificate.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
Mr G. this is a very interesting subject, this internet thing that young Marc Andreesen brought to your desktop. How are we going to stop future leakers, IMO its going to get much much worse, for national security as well as financial cyber war. Total transparency is the argument coming out of Berkeley, and John Pointdexter

Rigid discipline, rock solid procedures and constant vigilance is required to maintain effective access control. I don't believe the government bureaucracy is capable of that so more leaks are likely. Total transparency is a ridiculous proposition espoused by ideologues.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coboardhead wrote:
Mr. Gybe:

You argued earlier that businesses don't have a responsibility to anything except the bottom line (or the wishes of the board). Yet, you slam Mr. Soros for doing just that. Is this a double standard, or are you starting to lean a little left?

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
And more than any other business, the Hedge Fund is a money making machine. Inside info, dirty tactics, and ruthless. The true capitalist tool. BUT hey its George Soros, so tee it high Rethugs, he's a demon!
mat-ty

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boggsman
you would be hard presssed to find a more upbeat or optimistic person than myself. Windsurf, ski, snowboard, sail, mountain bike, golf. Just booked a week skiing with family, hoping to hit powder mnt, snowbasin in january. You could not be any more wrong. Do not confuse may hatred for idiotic liberal ideas, with my zest for life!
I figure if you libs are going to rape my childrens future, and steal money from hard working people, to pay for your delusional guilt trip, I can poke a little fun at you.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:
Mr G. this is a very interesting subject, this internet thing that young Marc Andreesen brought to your desktop. How are we going to stop future leakers, IMO its going to get much much worse, for national security as well as financial cyber war. Total transparency is the argument coming out of Berkeley, and John Pointdexter

Rigid discipline, rock solid procedures and constant vigilance is required to maintain effective access control. I don't believe the government bureaucracy is capable of that so more leaks are likely. Total transparency is a ridiculous proposition espoused by ideologues.

I would like to think its possible, but I think as long as you have an internet, and just one person who want to be a whistle blower, you will have the possibility. Our life is on the WWW, I dont see how it can be stopped.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
Boggsman
you would be hard presssed to find a more upbeat or optimistic person than myself. Windsurf, ski, snowboard, sail, mountain bike, golf. Just booked a week skiing with family, hoping to hit powder mnt, snowbasin in january. You could not be any more wrong. Do not confuse may hatred for idiotic liberal ideas, with my zest for life!
I figure if you libs are going to rape my childrens future, and steal money from hard working people, to pay for your delusional guilt trip, I can poke a little fun at you.

matty, as Ive said before, if we were hanging after a sesh drinking a PBR on the shore at Hookipa, my favorite place in the world, we would be fine. But when you get behind the keyboard, your language in describing liberals, like me, is over the top. BTW- love snowbasin, but only for boarding, do you ever get to Squaw, a mans mountain?
mrgybe

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coboardhead wrote:
Mr. Gybe:

I didn't "slam" Soros..........merely questioned Boggsy's hero worship. As it happens, I support closer scrutiny of hedge fund activity........and taxing their profits as ordinary income. Sadly, as I have pointed out previously, the hedge fund players are smarter than those tasked with overseeing them, so piling on new regulation is unlikely to be effective.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: