myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Windsurfing Videos Buy and Sell Services
 
Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Your Private Fire Department
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
boggsman1



Joined: 24 Jun 2002
Posts: 3699
Location: at a computer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am both mortified and stupified that our favorite Winger is using false data to imply that liberals online are subhuman. SHOCKING. My only explanation is that ISO has a man crush on George Clooney , and Alec Baldwin, and they are both liberals.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mac



Joined: 07 Mar 1999
Posts: 5471

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Over 6300 posts, how many of them, like the last, are threats? I think Mike is really a punk who won't threaten anyone to their face so he does it over the internet. I could be wrong, but the evidence ...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
swchandler



Joined: 08 Nov 1993
Posts: 5966

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When isobars casts himself as a mellow mild mannered character just trying to stimulate a rational discourse, one has to laugh. Nothing could be further from the truth. I have to wholeheartedly agree with mo.

Also, I don't believe the following for a second.

"Iíve never physically assaulted anyone in my life..."

I recollect isobars has bragged many times here how he physically took out a skier on the slopes based on situation involving his wife. I guess that situation simply slipped his mind.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
coboardhead



Joined: 26 Oct 2009
Posts: 2034

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac said

Quote:
It is not just fire protection that incurs a loss in these circumstances--frequently other public services--flood protection, sewerage, and police service--all cost more to provide than are generated in a post-Proposition 13 world. The fire-prone scenario is widespread through California and other parts of the west, but is also repeated in flood prone and erosion prone areas.


Now, back to the subject:

Similar here. Avalanches, rockfalls, mudslides, fireprone areas have all been developed with the idea that if damage occurs, someone else will pay. This is being addressed better now than in the past. Often, the laws are crafted by the anti-development folks. But, the results have been beneficial. We are designing buildings now that withstand these events, and in a lot of cases not allowing building in haz. zones.

Yes, it does diminish personal property rights. But, what zoning doesn't?

I understand Feusers comments. In a perfect world, I would agree that emergency services should be available across the board for all to receive. In reality, so difficult to achieve!

I have a philosophical problem with taking one more thing and giving it to the Fed's to manage to provide a consistent level of service. Unfunded mandates to do this are spineless government (ie health care plan under GW Bush).

This means there will be, and maybe should be, variations in what is expected from emergency services. Local communities and govenments should step up (and more often than not DO) to decide what services they can provide with the resources that are available.

Yeah this might mean a New Yorker is in more danger in Utah than vice versa; but Utah doesn't have the US Coast Guard either! I do assure you that if one gets lost or injured in my county, they will be taken care of. WE made that decision.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
keycocker



Joined: 10 Jul 2005
Posts: 3525

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who does he fake the evidence for? What's the point?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
keycocker



Joined: 10 Jul 2005
Posts: 3525

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Not only was Paul's post not responsive to the topic of Brian's in particular but it could not have been in response because Paul's post was earlier in time than the post of Brian.

Paul addressed Brian's comments regarding Justice Alito and it was posted on Jan. 12, 2006 at 2:40 Google time as post No. 30 in a thread of 72 posts. The post of Brian Foster quoted by Mike was made 3 days later, on January 15, "2006 at 10:48 as post No. 34.

I thought iso was just a tool of talk radio, but this post is an entire fabrication. Changes my mind about the guy. At times he is just flat lying.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
isobars



Joined: 12 Dec 1999
Posts: 14470

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to play word games with your little buddies, KC, you're on your own, but I suspect that all but the most juvenile ones see how desperate your attempts look. As I stated, I snipped parts of the long thread for brevity. Here's a cut and paste of part of the dialogue, including the specific post in which Paul responded to several of Brian's posts. Anyone who thinks the whole damned 72-post thread is relevant to this present discussion has a bad case of OCD and deserves to read the OTHER several hundred such posts and/or threads of a similar vein.

* From: "Brian Foster" <brianfoster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
* Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2006 14:48:43 GMT

We can agree that I'm not a bad guy.....
What was the crack about shrimp & lobster. Lots of shrimp caught here on the
gulf coast and aside from buggering up the occasional turtle in the trap
what is so "bad" about them.

BTW, they put things called TEDs in the nets that do a pretty good job of
letting the turtles out.
And Red Lobster? The New England coast is full of lobstermen and I'll admit
it's a tough life but so is fishing in general.

I like Alito just like I like Roberts. They are there to interpret the law
not make it and think these guys get it. Not like the dimwit in VT who gives
a multiple rape convict 60 days because he doesn't believe in punishment
anymore. WTF is up with that. SF has some of the most liberal and often
overturned judges in the country.

The politicians make the laws and the judges interpret/enforce them. That's
the way the system works.

We can all agree that pollution sucks. I'm getting pretty fed up because
I've been seeing it with my own eyes since the late 70s and it looks like no
one has made progress toward it. There have been Reps and Dems around the
whole time and NO ONE did the job.

Abortion, gay marriage, taxes, they make great headlines and serve to divide
the population pretty quickly but I think they pale in comparison to the
issue that we are putting really toxic disgusting stuff in our waters. I
write letters to politicians and maybe that's just pissing in the wind.

I don;t support the extreme environmentalists either because they are too
anti progress and anti business. There is usually a place in the middle we
can agree on. Gotta have business, gotta have progress, need new technology,
lets use some of the new technology to help clean the place up. Don't let
the P&L *** stop if you are putting tons of toxic crap in the air or
water. There is more work to do.


"Paul Braunbehrens" <bakaliteatmacdotcomignorethispart@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in
message
news:140120061613360327%bakaliteatmacdotcomignorethispart@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> No need Brian, most politicians pledge to "clean up the environment",
> but quickly realize that in order to stay in power they can't piss off
> the corporations too much, so then they enact some bill that "looks
> good", while actually gutting the current law. Can you say "clean
> air"?
>
> I really don't think you're a bad guy, Brian, I just think you don't
> get it.
>
> Look at Alito's record, he's helped many times when big corporations
> got caught polluting or wanted to pollute. Yet you think he's great.
> It just doesn't make much sense.
>
> It's one thing to gloat because you're on the winning team, but when
> that team starts laying tracks over your kids future, maybe it's time
> to get off the bandwagon. Just a suggestion.
>
>
> In article <pVcyf.12636$SD1.6214@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Brian Foster
> <brianfoster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> One party keeps pollution alive and well?
>>
>> Paul, has anyone ever sat you down for the Santa Clause/Easter Bunny
>> talk?
>> You gotta take a look at some of those core beliefs....
>>
>> Three cheers for Sam Alito!!! Stunning defeat for Kennedy, Biden and the
>> rest of the idiots.
>>
>> Wow, an evil president, evil corrupt politicians, a stacked supreme
>> court..........
>>
>> Man we are on a roll! Bring on Hillary!
>>
>> Paul, ......... what was that noise? Are you packing up the truck and
>> moving
>> to Alec Baldwinia?
>>
>> Don't go yet. Calm down and get your wits about you.
>>
>> I'll make you a deal. You run for office and make cleaning up pollution
>> your
>> campaign promise and I will vote for you.
>>
>> Hell, I'll even contribute to your campaign fund. Until you play the
>> Barbara
>> Streisand music....
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> "Paul Braunbehrens" <bakaliteatmacdotcomignorethispart@xxxxxxxxx> wrote
>> in
>> message
>> news:120120061040592726%bakaliteatmacdotcomignorethispart@xxxxxxxxxxxx
>> > First you help the party that keeps pollution alive and well. Then you
>> > bitch about pollution.
>> >
>> > Grow up, Brian. Your action have consequences. Deal with it. No
>> > amount of polemic is going to change that.
>> >
>> > As for Alito, are you kidding? This guy comes down 8 times out of 10
>> > on the site of Corporate America, when it is challenged by individuals
>> > or even the EPA. His excuse? Well, the lower courts were right, judges
>> > usually are.
>> >
>> > So then it is pointed out that the average for judges is 50%, or 5 out
>> > of 10. His excuse for being so much more biased than other judges?
>> > Well, *I* follow the law. Meaning, those other judges are wrong.
>> >
>> > So which is it, are most other judges right or wrong most of the time?
>> >
>> > Wait, I know the answer. When they are for Corporate America, they are
>> > right, when they are against Corporate America, they are wrong.
>> >
>> > Phew, that was easy.
>> >
>> > Your buddy Alito has already proven that he will defend big polluters,
>> > yet here you are, complaing about pollution in the same thread that you
>> > defend him.
>> >
>> > God damn, Brian. I really think you should just STFU.

And what the hell your "Who does he fake the evidence for? What's the point?" refers to escapes us altogether.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
keycocker



Joined: 10 Jul 2005
Posts: 3525

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Who does he fake the evidence for? What's the point?" refers to escapes us altogether."
By "us "do you mean all of your other screen names?
Those few who read this find your posts mostly nonsense.
Why do you post to them??
Because you want to be a talk radio host, but can't understand why we don't want to hear anything you have to say. Reason is simple- they are polling nonstop as they speak without any regard for the facts. They have become expert at giving angry old people the "facts" that they want to hear. You are getting a clear message from your listeners that they don't want to hear extremist nonsense, so you just continue. This is your chance to understand why TR has adoring listeners like yourself and your TR program gets heaps of critics.
Same applies in ordinary conversation at any gathering. Endlessly repeating talk radio at any social function and you won't get invited back.
All the other posters here are steering away from talk that bores and insults others. It can work for you as well and is the road to respect in all human interaction.
Children didn't always learn this in your day either but it isn't too late for you and us all to start.


Last edited by keycocker on Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
coyotewindsurf



Joined: 03 Apr 2006
Posts: 1272
Location: SF Bay

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
And what the hell your "Who does he fake the evidence for? What's the point?" refers to escapes us altogether.


It refers to your massaging and manufacturing information to suit your position. Particulars include fabricating/falsifying personal information about other forum users. Youíve done it to me. Mac, schwandler and keycockerís posts suggest youíve done it to them. And now youíve besmirched Paul ó and he isnít even participating in the current discussion. Calling people subhuman hardly sets you above.

_________________
mo
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
coboardhead



Joined: 26 Oct 2009
Posts: 2034

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, why bother and respond to these posts?

I am starting to question whether anyone wants to continue with a serious discussion.

Its all funny, till someone gets hurt!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

myiW | Weather | Community | Membership | Support | Log in
like us on facebook
© Copyright 1999-2007 WeatherFlow, Inc Contact Us Ad Marketplace

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group