myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Public Education
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
boggsman1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
stevenbard wrote:
No, but I have no doubt that you and Mac Did evolve from Apes.

I think you mean "devolve". Most apes are not malicious.

dude...an ape ripped the face off a woman in Stamford , CT last year.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/2009/02/17/2009-02-17_911_tape_captures_chimpanzee_owners_horr-2.html
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, within their gene pool they are vicious Apes. But tangentially, most Ape attacks on women involve mutilating their faces, but oddly enough, if you're a man, the Ape will normally rip off and eat your balls. (I couldn't make this stuff up)

So.....if one of those Apes attacks you, cross your legs dude. Don't worry about saving face if you have balls.
mac

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back to topic. For the polar opposite of Isobars and stevenbard's claim that liberals don't donate, and money doesn't matter, look at keycocker. "Outed" by Iso in an attempt to show that he was brainwashing kids as a teacher (Iso is batting about 50% right--which 50% you might ask?) as Dane Dingerson. You can easily find him as the donor of land and building for a school--see http://www.cayecaulkerschool.com/our-donors/

I kind of doubt that he is using the Texas curriculum.

Thanks keycocker. Whatever works is my mantra in education.
swchandler

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Bard, I asked two questions, but seemingly you only answered one, so things aren't really clear.

mac is right though, you did invoke God into the discussion, and I have to admit that your first comment with respect to Darwin was decidedly untoward.

I'm only attempting to find out how you feel about the questions I asked. Pretty simple really.
mat-ty

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are lots of rationalizations that the right has about not investing in children, from overt racism to their philosophy of cultural Darwinism. Or, put more simply, they think, in their TR world view, that all people are poor because they deserve to be poor. But at heart this is such an empty and sad world view.

Mac when you say things like above, I think your view is clouded by anger, and ignorance . (at least about the right)
coboardhead

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matty

You have a point. Often arguments get personal regarding political viewpoints. These generalizations often are not accurate when considering an individual. For example: One of my best friends is so right he makes Iso look like Mac; but he is very committed to improving PUBLIC education.

Can we stick to discussing how the demo vs repub. governments actually perform regarding education? I think there is plenty of fodder here for either argument!
swchandler

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty, your last post is really two things.

The first paragraph could lead to a more thoughtful discussion.

However, in the second, I think that your're missing something important. While mac is decidedly progressive and liberal in his views, it must be remembered that he has a substantial public profile, both on position and overall strategy, and he brings a lot knowledge and experience to the table in a very complex and populous venue. Not an easy task. You might want to give that some thought.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. --That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government.

In 17 days the revolt wins its 1st small battle.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re liberal education in Chicago.....

CHICAGO (KABC) -- A candidate for governor in Illinois was mistakenly listed as "Rich Whitey" instead of Rich Whitney on thousands of Chicago electronic-voting machines.

Possibly making matters worse, about half the wrong ballots are in African-American neighborhoods.
feuser

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:
mat-ty, your last post is really two things.

The first paragraph could lead to a more thoughtful discussion.

However, in the second, I think that your're missing something important. While mac is decidedly progressive and liberal in his views, it must be remembered that he has a substantial public profile, both on position and overall strategy, and he brings a lot knowledge and experience to the table in a very complex and populous venue. Not an easy task. You might want to give that some thought.

No, Matty just doesn't know how to quote. The first paragraph was in the OP by Mac.

http://www.windsurfing.kasail.com/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: