myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
This Saturday in California...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
benspikey

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry did not mean to kick off a charged coversation just my observation from spening lots of time at Cabrillo.

As to how to fix this issue.. I think it could be solved in a couple of ways although most people probley wouldn't like my ideas.

1. Stop people from BBQ on the beach. Stop people from bringing ice chests down to the beach where no trash cans exist.

2. Move the tables that are currently on the edge of the beach back to the far grassy area by the aquarium. Put a retaining fench up to catch the trash that just blows freely out to the ocean in these picnic areas.

3. Remove the open fire pits from the beach front.

4. Install recycling machines so they can get 5 cents instead of leaving it on the beach.

5. Start a policy that allows people to report litters and enforce this by requiring people to leave the beach if they are seen or reported littering.

6. Put up signs that say in both english and spanish that Litters will be asked to leave the beach.

7. Enable the lifeguards to enfore the above policy.

por favor ninguna litera
benspikey

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry one more thing.. people litter cause they are lazy.. Yosemite is a great example of this.. Wonder around the village camp grounds where all the lazy people gain easy access and you will see litter in most places. Hike off in the forest less than a mile and you will have to search to find a piece of trash.

Cabrillo has a large amount of litter cause it is easy for lazy people to drive right up to the beach.. Haul an ice chest full of crap 10 feet from there car.

Make it harder for them to be lazy and the litter problem will go away..

I also think this is the reason why windsurfer who are not lazy people would never litter and spend time cleaning up the beach.

I spend most of my time waiting for wind picking up trash off the beach..

in my humble opinion..
dabull1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Mac, will you please face reality and GROW UP! Benspikey and I see and experience, first hand, the reality of what we see in front of us. While it's true that all pigs are created equal, what our reality tells us that a certain group, nationality, ethnic persuasion, whatever you want to call it tends to generate a prodigious amount of GARBAGE that somehow finds it's way on to the beach, parking lot, and into the water at Cabrillo. I have had conversations with Guatemalans, Costa Ricans, Argentinians, et al, curious about our sport while rigging or derigging in the parking lot who have made overtly offensive, to me, the whiteboy born in Glendale, comments about certain habits practiced by a certain ethnic group who frequents Cabrillo. Srangely enough, members of this ethnic group seem to favor soccer jerseys, hoodies, car flags and decals, tatoos, and other identifying marks that indicate Mexico as there preference of origin, actual or generational. Taking it one step further, I'll pick up trash SUPing before the wind comes up, and I've scolded kids for throwing trash in the water to watch me fetch it and the parents yell at me , in Spanish, for talking to their little angels! So may I suggest replacement of those rose-colored RayBans with some sunglasses, with clean lenses, and drop the "racism" charge you're going to toss at me in your reply and GET REAL! Bull, arriba...
mac

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, I'll just say you're a bigoted pig.
dabull1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:15 pm    Post subject: WHY BOTHER? Reply with quote

I guess some people have never heard the one about "sticks and stones". Why don't you make me a bumpersticker I can put on my Prius. Bull... OINK!!! [PS I like carnitas and tequila]
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac es siempre gritando el racismo, pero no tiene idea de quien esta hablando. Esta es la forma liberal. Esta es la forma de putos.
dabull1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
Mac es siempre gritando el racismo, pero no tiene idea de quien esta hablando. Esta es la forma liberal. Esta es la forma de putos.
SI!!! Esta es muy clara! Muy bien Senor Esteban! Toro... PS Una mas tequila, por favor!
theq

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:

Q--do you have any idea home much comments like this diminish you?

Sorry about my demotion in your eyes, Mac. I posted with hesitation, however, it goes deeper than an opinion. Unfortunately, at some point, one must state facts, whether they are comfortable for them or others. As I started my statement, and while it pains me to state such things publicly, it had become undeniable. The fact that it might be uncomfortable for me, you, and probably a lot of folks, doesn't change the facts. If what I've see consistently happen is not a fact, then our entire existence really is an exercise in relativity.

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." A. Einstein

If you want to fix a problem, I find it best to troubleshoot it too the component, then make the repair. This may be through example, which is consistently tried, enforcement of laws, peer pressure, or simple education. I didn't say that Hispanics were responsible for all of the ills that might be attributed to them by others further from the left, merely that I had seen certain things with my own eyes that are undeniable if I am to make any judgments on anything, based empirical, easily observed, evidence. Maybe it's different up North. But this is how it happens down here. It as as "my friends from the other side of the aisle" say, very consistent. I'm sorry that it's uncomfortable.

I wear a progressive label proudly, but not without some break from what might be a particular absolute stand or cause. I'm a gun-owning Democrat, who believes that if guns are outlawed, only outlaws and Republicans will have guns. My perspective on things rarely intersects with that of most of the GOP. However, at some point, it seems to happen. As an independent thinker, it seems unavoidable. Be progressive. Be well.

theQ
jp5

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theq wrote:
I'm a gun-owning Democrat, who believes that if guns are outlawed, only outlaws and Republicans will have guns...

theQ

LOL! You know them gun toten white people always like trash their picked up. Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: