myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
iWindsurf App for Android?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wheaties

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, it's getting into the season where I can't windsurf. If someone wants to send me an email I'll make one in my spare time. If I'm not going out there might as well do something windsurf related.
bobgatpdx1

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree about preferring "Wireless Web" (aka "WAP") over the iPhone app. The WAP pages are much quicker (though not as pretty) and I can access the Gorge Pressure Report, Forecast, and Radar Map all in the same place. Kudos to iW for their efforts, but until the iPhone app outperforms the WAP version, I'll stick with WAP.
BobG
tyler4bu

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's another Android question for everyone: Anyone find a great GPS app for windsurfing? I've been using google's own mytracks, which has some pretty cool features (basically, here's today's session: http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=0&msid=207245091365220338635.0004911d64af757dae6cd if only my average speed wasn't pathetically low due to San Diego's 8 mph winds requiring my 10.8 that I am still definitely not used to, leading to lots of on the water tuning adjustments and re-uphauling). If anyone has found a better one I'd love to hear about it
geohaye

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, WindAlert/iWindsurf is developing an Android app.

If you want to be a beta tester, you can start using the app now. From what I understand, new people are joining the WindAlert/iWindsurf Android beta test group every day.

Drop an email using the "Contact Us" page (link below), and say you want to be added to the Android app beta test group...

http://www.iwindsurf.com/support.iws?topic=Contact+Us&contactOption=18
isobars

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What will the app do?

Mike \m/
mogunn

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
What will the app do?

from the developers

Observe the latest data from from over 40,000 weather stations and get a push notification if one of them meets your favorite conditions.

--- D E S C R I P T I O N ---

KNOW what the wind is doing from the beach down the street to anywhere in the world with windAlert!

Kiteboarding, windsurfing, kitesurfing, sailing, surfing, fishing, snowkiting, paragliding, kiting, RC flying,.... heck... paper airplane testing...... no matter what your wind activity is, windAlert is a critical tool for you!

The windAlert app provides wind reports and forecasts on graphs and maps from over 40,000 weather stations globally (and growing!). Search for your wind spot by city, state, country, or even the beach name where you go. Or tap the "Search Nearby" button to see all the wind reports that are closest to you. Tap a spot on the map or in the list to get a detailed graph with complete wind history for the past 6 hours and a forecast going ahead 6 hours. Once you have found the stations that are most important to you, simply add them to your favorites list. Traveling?... or simply have too many stations to see on a single list? WindAlert lets you save lists of stations to separate profiles that you name!

windAlert!!... From your list of favorites, you can configure multiple alerts to give you an automatic pop-up (and sound) when the wind reaches threshold. You can set the threshold based on wind average or gust, time of day, how many alerts you want, etc. The alert will notify you even if the app is closed. Never miss a windy day again!

The weather engine driving windAlert is developed by WeatherFlow who scours the internet to gather all publicly available sources of weather data to create this powerful FREE wind resource. If you know of stations that you think should be in windAlert... let us know and we'll add it!

In addition to the FREE services in windAlert, WeatherFlow also maintains a growing network of over 400 proprietary weather stations located on the water that are available at various membership levels. Existing members of other WeatherFlow applications (iWindsurf.com, iKitesurf.com, SailFlow.com, and Fishweather.com) can simply use your account info to sign into windAlert. Even though we feel windAlert is already the most powerful wind app available, we are still working to bring many of the features from our web sites to the windAlert platform such as tides, model forecasts, and human forecasts.

-----------------------------------------------

sergem

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Google search (use it!) for "android windalert" get you this:

http://kiteboardbc.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4021

So far looks exactly like iphone app, still no tide data so I stay with WAP site for the time being.
moosesox

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uninstall/reinstall of the app worked for my Android. Very frustrating until I tried that!!
Good luck
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: