myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
SF rentals

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PeterSS

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:42 pm    Post subject: SF rentals Reply with quote

Hello, I originally posted this in NW US...but was told I would elicit more advice here...I'll be out in SF next week, sunday afternoon - wed night, and can get done with work around 1pm each day...I wont have a rental car, but was wondering if I might be able to rent gear on or close to the water to get some rides in? Boardsport school said they are closed weekdays, and I should go to coyote point? How far is that from downtown SF? Also- water temp warrants more than a 3:2? thanks
ozreiuosn

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To rent during the week days, check out Shoreline http://www.shorelinelake.com/aquatic/aquatic.htm.

But warning, it'll be a snoozefest. It's a little lake that a lot of people forget about. It's on the Peninsula, not sure about it's access to public transportation.

Just wait til the weekend so you can hit up Boardsports. They are at Coyote Point (a more intermediate/advance location) and Alameda (beginner location, no small boards, all beginner boards and super SUPs). Both locations are somewhat bus friendly.

Water temperature hovers around the 60s. I use a 3/2 farmer john with a rash guard and I'm fine.
carl

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boardsports at Coyote is in San Mateo about 20-40 min (depending on traffic) south on HWY101, you'll need a car (unless you can figure out a bus). Nice beach rentals at Coyote Park. Fall is getting to be off season so that's why only weekends. They're open daily during summer.

"Sunsetsailboards" might be able to meet you at Crissy or other places. Crissy's about the only place you could get to easily without a car. Candlestick maybe by bus? Crissy is an advanced spot though. An inexperienced sailor sailor can get in trouble there due to strong tide currents and boat traffic. If you're less advanced
you should concider a car to have more options.

You'll need a 4/3 at Crissy, 3/2 is ok at Coyote or the Stick.
windriderz

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:47 pm    Post subject: Samtrans to Coyote Reply with quote

SamTrans has a bus that connects to Coyote - 250 Check out details at http://www.samtrans.com You can take CalTrain to a stop near the Park.
millermp

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:32 pm    Post subject: re: still in my outbox? Reply with quote

not sure how private messages are supposed to work, but it looks like the message i sent never left my outbox, so I'm not sure if you got it...

Message basically said i have an extra board (JP Xcite ~130L) and newer North sails. I usually sail at Berkeley, but would welcome a pretext to take my camper to work and get a midday sesh at Coyote.

I'd be happy to take you to Crissy. I stay fairly dry and can get by with a 3/2, but like another post send, it gets crowded, is often flooding, and you need to be pretty experienced and heads-up. On the other hand, it's a unique and scenic way to take in the city. If you don't get caught slogging in front of those tourist boats. They don't seem terribly inclined to stop.
PeterSS

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the Replies. And the very Kind Offer Millermp. I think I get into SF 3pm ish sunday...and after work I'm supposed to be meeting clients on 2 of the 4 days, but dont have a clear schedule. So right now I cant commit to any time or even day yet. Also wedding following weekend, so with all the suits I'm lugging etc..I'm not planing on bringing my own rubber/harness or anything. Maybe I'll see if I can get into SF earlier on sunday. Always wanted to ride the bay. I will pretext you asap when I have a clearer vision of schedule. Thx again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: