myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Aruba windsurfing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Europe, Caribbean & S. America, Australia & NZ, Africa, Asia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
greshnik

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:06 pm    Post subject: Aruba windsurfing Reply with quote

Hi, everyone.
I am thinking about going to Aruba for a windusrfing week in Sept.
However, I am kinda lost. From the internet, it seems like the best spot would be so called Hadicurari beach. However, I can't quite understand what is the best place to stay. Ideally I need something close to the spot, and not so expensive. The beach i surrounded by the resorts of all kind, but it would probably be a waste of money for someone spending all of it's time on a spot.
Or should I get something further away and rent a car or use public transit?
So I would greatly appreaciate a success story from someone who 've been there and enjoyed it with all the details.
Thanks!
cagjr21150

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://sites.google.com/site/learnersguidetowindsurfing/caribbean-southern-islands
karlvelaman

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:52 pm    Post subject: Windsurfing In Aruba Reply with quote

I was just in Aruba July 2-5, arrival the day Holland beat Brazil in World Cup... what a party! Then 2 more nights experiencing the Aruba Hi_Winds 2010 competition... excellent timing indeed.

The most popular area is the region of Hadicurari and Fisherman's Huts. Both are within walking distance from most of the resorts in the northern section of the High Rise district (Holiday Inn, Marriott Surf Club, Marriott Ocean Club, and Aruba Marriott). There are also some great 1BR condos across the street and walking distance (Aruba Boardwalk).

For more information about windsports in Aruba, check out www.velawindsurf.com/aruba which can help all your questions.
Caribchakita

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rent a car..it's easy driving and you get to dine around and explore a bit. The wind is offshore and gusty due to wind shadows. Mac at Vela is a great instructor and a good guy. Have fun.

Twitter: bonairebliss
NC_Glider

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would also suggest renting a car. Gives you more access to the local attractions. You can't surf the entire time. I think you will find that location to be stellar.
Sunglasses
Cooler
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Europe, Caribbean & S. America, Australia & NZ, Africa, Asia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: