myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Right wing TR is all OVER Sherrod's case ...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
isobars

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:11 pm    Post subject: Right wing TR is all OVER Sherrod's case ... Reply with quote

In HER favor.

The conservative and centrist media are largely angry-to-furious at her treatment by the administration. She reveals racial mistakes she made and learned from decades ago, and gets FIRED for it? Beck, Medved, Bortz, etc. ranted on and on in her defense, but the NAACP demands and gets her dismissal with no regard for her laudable and rare examples of learning from her mistakes and admitting it.

Mike
mac

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even when Isobars says something that I might agree with, he gets the facts wrong. First, right wing media took her comments out of context--a classic Fox-type hit piece. Second, the NAACP actually had the opposite position that he reports--they support her staying in her job.

I agree that she shouldn't be fired for comments she made in a forum outside of work, for an attitude that she held many years ago. But trust Isobars to do anything he can to twist the facts to attack Obama. What a toad!
feuser

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
Even when Isobars says something that I might agree with, he gets the facts wrong. First, right wing media took her comments out of context--a classic Fox-type hit piece. Second, the NAACP actually had the opposite position that he reports--they support her staying in her job.

I agree that she shouldn't be fired for comments she made in a forum outside of work, for an attitude that she held many years ago. But trust Isobars to do anything he can to twist the facts to attack Obama. What a toad!

The right wing didn't take it out of context, they fabricated the story. Nothing, absolutely nothing of substance here. That TR is taking sides here against the White House is 100% true to script: Create a crisis, force the White House to take position, attack. The sad news is that this little theatre actually has an audience.

http://www.windsurfing.kasail.com/
boggsman1

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a country when you can take a speech, edit it, and release it as "news" then have a popular website create "headlines" based on the doctored speech, then have a popular "news" network run countless stories based on the speech, then have a radio personality who has 20MM listeners ralk about the "racist speech" for countless hours. Oh and then a sacless whitehouse cowardly backs down and buckles. Damage done, Roger Ailes style.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Against my better judgment, I feel compelled to chime in on this one.

The story here is not about Breibart, or about Fox News, or about the White House apology. The real story is that the Administration took the unproven word of a well known right wing blogger to summarily dismiss a senior government official without an attempt at due process. Any experienced manager knows that you do not fire someone based upon an allegation, without first thoroughly investigating and giving the employee an opportunity to give her side of the story. The fact that the allegation came from an opponent should have raised all sorts of alarm bells.

Therein lies the problem..............the Administration is filled with people who have never run anything previously. They don't know what they don't know. These are the same people who we rely upon to keep us safe, to run large chunks of the private sector, to completely redesign the financial sector.........and who would like to run our health care.

They are over their heads.............we should all be concerned.
mac

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Almost right by mrgybe. Firing Sherrod without investigation was a major mistake, of judgement and whatever else. I wouldn't be surprised to see the person who made that decision, if not the agency head, gone. To conclude that Breitbart is not lying scum is, however, too kind to the thugs of the right.

But that hardly translates into the wholesale incompetence that mrgybe subscribes to. You can find that incompetence in the Bushies foreign policy efforts, read "Imperial life in the Emerald City" for a good lesson on putting neophyte evangelical true believers on the front line of foreign policy. Yee hah is not an effective foreign policy. Or read McCain's nonsense about the crime threat of illegal immigrants when violence in the border states is at its lowest level in 2 decades.

The oilies, desparate to return to power and willing to bend any truth to that effect.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gybe...I knew you were chomping on the bit on this one. I referenced the white house as sacless, which is a synonym for incompetent, which they appear to be. BUT, Fox News should not be peddling BS and labeling it news, its not fair to the profession or the viewer. That is the story as far as Im concerned, its gotten out of hand.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gybe...I knew you were chomping on the bit on this one. I referenced the white house as sacless, which is a synonym for incompetent, which they appear to be. BUT, Fox News should not be peddling BS and labeling it news, its not fair to the profession or the viewer. That is the story as far as Im concerned, its gotten out of hand.
swchandler

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"The story here is not about Breibart, or about Fox News, or about the White House apology. The real story is that the Administration took the unproven word of a well known right wing blogger to summarily dismiss a senior government official without an attempt at due process. Any experienced manager knows that you do not fire someone based upon an allegation, without first thoroughly investigating and giving the employee an opportunity to give her side of the story. The fact that the allegation came from an opponent should have raised all sorts of alarm bells."

mrgybe is spot on on much in the above comment. However, I have to side with mac regarding the remaining part of mrgybe's post.

What really gets under my skin is Fox News and the rabid right wing neo-conservative media. In my mind they operate like terrorist organizations doing whatever they can to tear down the Obama Administration and the Democrats in Congress. They're like a foul disease that's out to poison and divide America. It's damn sad that so many foolish folks are sucked into their net of deceit and hate.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's damn sad that so many foolish folks are sucked into their net of deceit and hate.
Chandler , it is sad, its also sad that when Marist College polled 1,000 adult Americans on July 4th weekend, 26% didnt know it was the British whom we defeated to gain our Independence 234 years ago. Im going to say it because it is just true , Americans are dumb, dumb , dumb, dumb. A guy like Breitbart feasts on his prey here in America, like Rush, Sean, and all the other mouthpieces.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: