myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
ProMotion Suits weld themselfs together when hot and wet.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Industry News & Promotions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SlightlySalty

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:39 pm    Post subject: Re: who is better? Reply with quote

The Promotion warranty did not fix any of my suits.

I see the OP edited his original comment. The only thing that I'd add is he was trying to get more than a full refund and he had thrown his suit out. You ought to have the suit in order to get a refund.

Last edited by SlightlySalty on Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:19 am; edited 1 time in total
jesusjones

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am going in with my suit and a pitch fork soon. I thought it was just me, how many of US are out there? Mad
isobars

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Copied and pasted from their website, including the emphasis:
"Do not leave your wetsuit inside out after using. This may cause extra wrinkles or the material to stick to itself." This has also been discussed here before.

That, plus Promotion has told me for years a) not to leave them inside out and b) to handle the newer, softer, more flexible neoprenes very carefully ... especially never to just grab a handful of neoprene and pull (just as other brands have told me for man years).

Mike \m/
jesusjones

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
Copied and pasted from their website, including the emphasis:
"Do not leave your wetsuit inside out after using. This may cause extra wrinkles or the material to stick to itself." This has also been discussed here before.

That, plus Promotion has told me for years a) not to leave them inside out and b) to handle the newer, softer, more flexible neoprenes very carefully ... especially never to just grab a handful of neoprene and pull (just as other brands have told me for man years).

Mike \m/

Oh; handle with care, i forgot? Sheeesssh! What are we dealing with here princess precilla pants. Laughing
andymc4610

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lot's of wetsuit mfr. suggest to dry inside out, I always do and have. I don't go onto O'Neill's website to see if I am doing it right. And it's not always practical to have to worry about a suit fusing together in your car or on the beach.
jesusjones

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I’m not mistaken; suits even dry in transport are susceptible. Question sounds like we need myth busters. Surprised
promotion

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply from ProMotion Wetsuits Reply with quote

Reply from ProMotion Wetsuits

A few years ago we did have a problem with one of our materials called Glide Skin. We test all of our materials before going into production, but this problem was one that had never been seen before in the industry. Glide Skin was developed for added wind chill protection. This material was used in the chest and back panels of our windsurf models. When the wetsuit was turned inside out (how most of us leave our wetsuits), and stored in a hot area for a long period of time (a car with the windows rolled up), the material had the potential to weld to itself. This was a shock to us because we only learned about the problem after our customers experienced the problem. The original material supplier did not reimburse us in any way. We took the full hit at our expense in working through the problem. To help our customers, we offered to repair or replace the bad material, and also offered a wholesale discount coupon on a future wetsuit purchase. For the remaining problem wetsuits still in stock, we discounted them, put warning labels in them, and told potential customer how to keep this from happening. We have long since resolved the material problem and fortunately, most people take reasonable care of their gear. We have been around since the beginning of the sport and are still the only local company that offers a repair service department, where customers can come in if they have a problem with a wetsuit. Thanks the opportunity to reply. The ProMotion Wetsuit Crew.
ericrh

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a 4/3 short sleeved Ion wetsuit last year and I'l never buy another brand ever again... It is the best fitting, best performing, most user friendly, sweetest suit I've ever owned... And it looks pretty stylish too.. If you care at all about that... And it didn't cost too much either!.. As far as wetsuits go, there is no real other choice.. That's all I have to say about that!...
Bond1

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For a long time I just couldn't afford a Promotion suit. Finally in the late 90's I became financially successful enough (yeah right) to try one. The summer suit fit nicely so I bought it. The next season I pulled it out and found the seams opening up. I thought, "one season on this expensive suit is all I get?"

So I took it in and (I don't want to mention names) the clerk advised me that last years suit did that, but "this new model has been improved so that won't happen." Holy crap! All this time making suits and a I buy one the year before you finally figure it out.

In fairness I need to add that I got over it and I've used Promotion suits ever since. As far as I'm concerned they seem to wear out sooner than they should, but I've been generally happy.
RogerBarnaby

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took reasonable care of my wetsuit and made sure that it was not inside-out, while wet. I rolled up a dry wetsuit to pack for trip, and it welded to itself in 3 days. I should have known better and wrapped suit in tissue paper or silk hankerchiefs or rolled down windows and kept trunk open while I was driving up from Texas.

To top it off, when I took it to Promotion, I was accused of having purchased wetsuit at discount and that I was at fault.

And previous poster is right about O'Neil requiring you to ship wetsuit for repairs without being able to talk to anyone on phone, but they have always done the right thing, and repaired or replaced product, without requiring that I shell out additional $.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Industry News & Promotions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: