myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
NASA's mission under Obama is ...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
isobars

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:47 pm    Post subject: NASA's mission under Obama is ... Reply with quote

To explore outer space?
Put a man on Mars?
Colonize the moon?
Put laser weapons in orbit?

No. It's Muslim outreach. No $#!+!

In a far-reaching restatement of goals for the nation's space agency, NASA administrator Charles Bolden says President Obama has ordered him to pursue three new objectives: to "re-inspire children" to study science and math, to "expand our international relationships," and to "reach out to the Muslim world." Of those three goals, Bolden said in a recent interview with al-Jazeera, the mission to reach out to Muslims is "perhaps foremost," because it will help Islamic nations "feel good" about their scientific accomplishments.

The U.S. is doomed.

Mike
windoggi

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:30 pm    Post subject: Re: NASA's mission under Obama is ... Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
To explore outer space?
Put a man on Mars?
Colonize the moon?
Put laser weapons in orbit?

No. It's Muslim outreach. No $#!+!

In a far-reaching restatement of goals for the nation's space agency, NASA administrator Charles Bolden says President Obama has ordered him to pursue three new objectives: to "re-inspire children" to study science and math, to "expand our international relationships," and to "reach out to the Muslim world." Of those three goals, Bolden said in a recent interview with al-Jazeera, the mission to reach out to Muslims is "perhaps foremost," because it will help Islamic nations "feel good" about their scientific accomplishments.

The U.S. is doomed.

Mike

The fact that minarets look like rocket ships just a coincidence? I THINK NOT!

mac

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Direct from Fox news, and taken out of context, like most times when Mike Fick has a half truth. Here's the rest of the quote:

Quote:
The NASA administrator was in the Middle East last month marking the one-year anniversary since Obama delivered an address to Muslim nations in Cairo. Bolden spoke in June at the American University in Cairo -- in his interview with Al Jazeera, he described space travel as an international collaboration of which Muslim nations must be a part.

Let's see, the US depends on Muslim nations for oil, and has discovered that an army of occupation is unpopular. Would it make sense to talk to them?

Of course this drives the wing nuts crazy. The military fools like Iso think we can bomb stone age countries back to the stone age. The evangelicals are waiting for the rapture, and anything that whips them up to hate on Muslims, or anyone soft on Muslims, is raw meat for the base. Of course, with something like 18 Republicans on their staff, FOX news will do whatever it can to whip up the base. When they say jump, Iso doesn't even ask how high.
swchandler

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frankly, I don't trust isobars at all, and I know that I'm not alone in this view. Way too often, isobars offers patently dishonest or distorted information for very suspect reasons. As a result, his posts project much about his questionable character and his lack of integrity. But, needless to say, we have all learned over time that isobars lacks any humility, and regrettably, he's totally incorrigible.
keycocker

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He lacks humility, but look at his windsurf posts for at least one other window to his character. I have uncles who parrot talk radio and NRA and it often makes them seem like narrow minded fools. They only accept parts of Fox and other media that fits perfectly with their Talk Radio education. That leaves them quoting fools and editing Fox quotes just like iso. They are actually very nice intelligent guys if you don't talk politics and guns with them.
When Iso speaks on other subjects his posts are well worth reading, and I suspect before Talk, much of the things he said were like that.
Older Americans are being brainwashed by these talk guys, whose only real agenda is selling commercial time. They would be happy to talk ditzy left wing BS if polls showed them someone would listen.
swchandler

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite honestly, I personally give isobars a lot of space in his strictly windsurfing posts. And you're quite right, he can often offer useful and pertinent information.

Needless to say though, when he gets bent, or ventures into more political or scientific territory, he sings total nonsense and trash. I guess he ultimately reaps what he sows in response to the comments he receives.
mac

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hit or miss. He is a blow hard know it all, and sometime knows what he is talking about, but often does not. And I don't care about his sandwhich!
isobars

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

keycocker wrote:
Older Americans are being brainwashed by these talk guys, whose only real agenda is selling commercial time. They would be happy to talk ditzy left wing BS if polls showed them someone would listen.

My jaw is on the floor. You mean to imply that Bolden did not make these public record statements, or that he lied about their White House origin, or that the subjugation of science to Muslim politics will not degrade the U.S.?

Makes me wonder whether any of you know that Obama snuck his appointment of Berwick past the senate's constitutional advise and consent role while they were off to July 4th activities, leaving us with a health care director whose long-published (in speeches and books) prime directives for health care are:
1. Rationing.
2. Wealth redistribution.
3. Love/romance (his words) for the failing U.K. single payer socialized medical system.
4. Constraining individual decision making.

You DO know, don't you, that the DOJ, highly likely with White House approval, shut down the prosecution of the two Black Panthers who intimidated white voters at the polls? There are highly credible claims from DOJ lawyers, subject to proof, that the DOJ has been directed to cease prosecution of any cases in which the plaintiff is white and the defendant black. Welcome to top-down racism, if this months-long news story pans out.

Don’t any of you feel any obligation to your country or your families to keep up with current events which threaten both? All you have to do is Google such terms as Berwick, Black Panther poll intimidation, NASA Bolden, etc., pick any credible sources you trust from the dozens of sources reporting these news, and start reading. It’s really not that difficult.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr . Fick, why do you live in fear? Its a bad choice. Is it possible that I support Mr. Berwick? and maybe others do as well. I am not conviced that the British NHS is a "failure", my British buddies, and there are tons of British windsurfers in the SF Bay Area, disagree with your assessment. Is it posible that the Black Panthers story is only important to Fox News Obama haters? I frankly dont give a rats ass. Did you care when the Bush DOJ clipped a dozen Federal prosecutors who didnt drink the cool aid? I doubt it. Frankly, Im not concerned about any of the "current events" you care about so deeply. I am concerned when I find out that 26% of Americans polled by Marist College dont even know who the US wrestled its independence from way back in 1776. in my mind these people should be deported to the Tri-Cities ASAP!
windoggi

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lock and load, Mr. Fick
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: