myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Looking for place, month long stay in Hatteras
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
btbill

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

outcast wrote:
Loops is cool, but I wanna know about the swell

Well, we had a little swell in the water over the past few days. Given that 2010 as a whole has been flat, the occasional chest high set peaks over the past two days were fun and a welcome experience for us surf deprived Hatteras wave sailors. Its been a really windy year, but simply not much surf.

Today was a real bummer as we found the nirvana wave spot with a nice outer sandbar, but the T-storms arrived to kill it! A few of the crew caught some rides, but I was too late and arrived to watch the wind shift directly offshore, and the heavy weather to roll though.

Yesterday, I had some fun light air lip hits at the Lighthouse though! Amazing too that the shot above of Andy mid loop juiced on the 4.2m was taken around the same time I was at the Lighthouse barely slogging on a 5.3m! Amazing the wind difference from only a few miles away, and you can see the lighthouse from the Canadian Hole too!

Hopefully, the surf is "waiting" for the arrival of Hatteras Wave Jam 2010, scheduled Sept 16 - 19, smack in the middle of our prime tropical surf season! Very Happy Very Happy
jingebritsen

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When scheduling your Wave Jam, keep in mind the Surf Show times, if you don't already.

http://www.surfexpo.com/Home.aspx

http://www.epicgearusa.com/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: