myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Silicon Valley sweatshops
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrgybe

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coyotewindsurf wrote:
My take is that the OP was just a cheap shot at Gore (he's on the Apple Board of Directors).

Had no idea..........but I certainly would have mentioned it if I had known! More concerned about polar bears than people would have been the headline.
isobars

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't sweat the polar bears. I'll spare the poor, worried Gore sycophants the pages of details, but the polar bear population is absolutely booming, according to AGW supporter Lomborg.

Mike
joew

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:
swchandler wrote:
Thanks joew for the insightful post.

Blatant exploitation of workers is unacceptable.......so is joew's punctuation!
If it is indeed unacceptable, stop purchasing any thing from China at Wal-mart, Sears, K Mart, Target, and throw in Home Depot and Pep Boys as well . The factory dorms, long hours, and strict work rules which focus on maximum production, are the norm. High productivity, coupled with the undervalued Yuan flood our shores with very affordable goods of dubious quality. So vote with your wallet Mr. Gybe, buy only goods from North America or Europe where you be sure there is no blatant exploitation of workers involved. Insofar as the critique of punctuation goes, howsabout a critique of your spelling. In this country it is spelled Jibe, you're an American right? You have stated same in previous posts, so whats with the Gybe thing? Oh, my bad, it's a proper name, so you can spell it any way you want to. The snarky comebacks and subtle put downs are stock in trade for you wandering Brits, I've run into scores of you guys when I worked in the middle east and made the usual pit stops in southeast asia. Always the undercurrent of codescending posturing, if only you guys could drink like adults. I'll put my jibes up aganst your gybes anytime, assuming of course, that you can actually jibe.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats a good rap Joeyw, I couldnt have said it better myself. I have a bunch of Crissy buddies , all from London, who are all identical in their wit and sarcasm, I think they teach it at Oxford.
BTW , GYBer, thought we could tackle Chinese labor , and Apples' image simultaneously, my bad.
mac

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know mrgybe started by preaching about how we should be nice, and with some thoughtful posts. But he doesn't play well with others when they don't buy his libertarian nonsense. He does seem to suck up to British newspapers, no matter how biased--and of course lords. And he simply won't engage on subjects where thought, not snark or the right wing play book are required. Iso with proper medication?
mrgybe

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow!! You guys freely dole out the insults and put downs.......but don't handle the rather tame return prods very well! Such sensitive souls. Joew, I'm sure you can drink me under the table.......congratulations. Sorry you lost your sense of humor in Jeddah......you might regain it if you saw me jibe/ gybe. Boggsy....confused by your addition. I thought you were against exploitation?

Time for me to leave again............adieu mes enfants
mogunn

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe bids (yet another) fond farewell and isobars is left unrequited...licking his remains.

Shocked

boggsman1

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:
Wow!! You guys freely dole out the insults and put downs.......but don't handle the rather tame return prods very well! Such sensitive souls. Joew, I'm sure you can drink me under the table.......congratulations. Sorry you lost your sense of humor in Jeddah......you might regain it if you saw me jibe/ gybe. Boggsy....confused by your addition. I thought you were against exploitation?

Time for me to leave again............adieu mes enfants

Mr G , your last little sentence to me is idiotic, "I thought you were against exploitation" if you read my words in previous posts like "deplorable" and "im a protectionist" you would know how dopey your bait is. Go ahead and leave, see ya!
mrgybe

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coyotewindsurf wrote:
mrgybe bids (yet another) fond farewell and isobars is left unrequited...licking his remains.

Mo..........that does deserve a response.......very funny!! I tip my hat to your creativity.

On a more serious note, I've seen anti-British remarks from a couple of posters previously.......fairly mild stuff which was part of the routine banter and didn't warrant further comment. I have to confess, however, that I was taken aback by Joew's virulent anti-British tirade, and the swift endorsement it received. It reveals a deep seated dislike which is disturbing to someone with close ties to Britain and many British friends. Maybe more disappointing is the total absence of opposing commentary......this from a community which is swift to condemn such commentary directed elsewhere.

Unfortunately, the electronic medium strips us of the ability to see our "opponent's" facial expressions......in a digital debate, a parry, which would have otherwise engendered laughter from both sides of the proposition, can be taken as offensive. I have participated in many debates.....the cut and thrust can often be acerbic........that is part of the joy of the exercise.......but it is never, ever, intended to be personal. I hope you will view my prior posts in that light.
mac

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe flounces off, stage right--or does he? Will we now have to rely on Isobars for citations to truck drivers and lords to explain how global warming is a hoax?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: