myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Checking Fox news lies
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
keycocker

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This business of Americans hating America because they think health ins should be sold in a different way or because they don't trust Fox News, or because they were were elected as a liberal President is a real example of brain gone soft.
Most Fox news viewers don't trust Fox or any news agency according to their own polls. A large part of American society are liberals.Most voters chose Obama.All qualify as haters of america by these standards.
Talk Radio guys are the main source of this idea. When pressed they admit"we make this stuff up-it isn't news" They know better than to believe this, but make huge salaries catering to those who believe in spite of the hosts and stations noting that it is all BS.
That would make the vast majority of Americans "haters of America" You got to think in little boxes away from reality to believe that most Americans hate the USA because they disagree with extremists.The Euro sites are fond of pointing out the same rhetoric was used by the Nazis to 'prove' that any German who believed in freedom hated the mother country.
mogunn

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

windoggie wrote:
What would an irony emoticon look like?

windoggi

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where's the happy face? Oh...nevermind.
nw30

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm trying to find some lies in this, but I'm having a hard time doing it, from what I've read on my own, this all seems to confirm what I've found out by myself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cDdXqz22v4&feature=player_embedded

I'd like to hear an 'informed' reply, that can prove me wrong, but you can't rely on emotion alone, you have to use some proof. As in what's written in either law that proves your point.

Can anybody do it?
keycocker

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The misdirection is nonstop. He says the Dems want to invite in illegals in a calm-We all know -way. It is only a matter of speculating on the reason they want America to be taken over.
He says the Dems have no real solution. Obviously true.
Forgets to mention that the GOP spent eight years proving they have no solution either and neither does O'Reilly.
Neither do I or the folks in Arizona. Shaking down brown skin people who have done nothing doesn't fight crime. You have to spend your time shaking down criminals, like we hope they were doing before the law, and hope they can go back to doing after this law proves unconstitutional.Sometimes reading the law isn't as important as the way it is applied on the street and in court. Lawyers and news guys can trick you with a close reading of the legal words though they know very well that isn't the way it goes down if you are the guy laying face down because you went out for milk with a suntan and no passport.
isobars

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickB wrote:
In therory Iso didn't know what I was talking about

Uh ... "you guys need to stop hating America" speaks for itself. The left's -- and I'm definitely including our administration and half the people in this forum -- hatred for this nation is quite obvious in most of their statements.
swchandler

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to side with keycocker on this. How is it that O'Reilly never mentions a word about the Republicans and their role in the whole problem? We all know that Republicans are the party of "no" these days, and they have no interest in finding a reasonable solution focused on any real immigration reform.

I have to say nw30, I'm surprised that you couldn't find some deception in O'Reilly's and Kelly's charade. Let me ask you this, do you know how many police, sheriffs and Highway Patrol personnel work in Arizona? Similarly, do you know how many federal IMS and border patrol personnel work in Arizona? While the feds may be able to pull anybody over without a reason, most sensible folks know that there aren't enough of them out there to do squat, and there's no chance in hell that a guy like me will ever get pulled over by the feds. On the other hand, there are tons of local law enforcement in every community and in all areas in between.

Have you ever been pulled over for virtually nothing, like a broken tail light lens, or run through a gauntlet of some kind? What's to stop the Arizona police setting up a gauntlet to check whether drivers have a drivers license and insurance? Would they stop at the driver and ignore any other passengers in the vehicle? We all know the answer to that one, particularly if all the parties are Hispanic. The Arizona law is totally ripe for abuse. One only has to look at the antics of Sheriff Joe Arpaio in Maricopa County to envision how warped and abusive things could get.

Rather than being a cheerleader for tools like O'Reilly and his ilk, I will again recommend that you contact your Republican representative in Congress and stress the importance of immigration reform. I sincerely feel that we need our leadership in Congress to tackle the immigration problem head on to develop and legislate a pragmatic solution at the national level. The foolish idea that Democrats in Congress are at fault for everything, or that they can do all this alone without reasonable Republican support is both naive and patently dishonest. The thought that we can simply deport all illegal immigrants back to where they came from isn't going to be a viable outcome, no matter how hard you might wish for it.

Lastly, you need to look beyond Fox News to get honest news and thoughtful reporting. You might want to start by tuning into PBS. It might not be the 24/7 barrage, like found on the cable networks, but it's really more about quality rather than quantity.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the dems want anything, they've got it. There are 3 repubs at least that will go along with them. Especially immigration.
swchandler

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How easily you say that Bard, it almost seems like a done deal. All one has to do is look at Republican Senator Lindsay Graham, who earlier this year was working on an important bi-partisan immigration reform bill with Senator Charles Schumer. Why did Graham just turn his back on the whole thing and walk away? It wasn't the work or progress made on immigration reform, it was about the Republican ugliness against healthcare reform.

And what about Senator John McCain, a previous champion for immigration reform during the Bush Administration. What's his tune today? Not even on the same planet. In 2010, his job is on the line, because he's up for re-election in November.

No, there isn't an ounce of credible Republican support for honest immigration reform, and I seriously doubt that any one of them has the balls to cross the Republican party line. If there was any possible Republican support, one would have to look to George W. Bush to step up to the plate and make the case. Oh, he must be too busy right now writing his memoirs to be troubled about the issue.
keycocker

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Dems need no Republican support, because they have no plan.Neither do the GOP.
Do any of you have a workable plan?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: